R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #241
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by academygaz View Post
My issue I'm having is steering and throttle inputs being delayed. You can hold steering lock in one direction, then move the steering to the other side and back to the starting point faster than the game can process the first movement. Same with the throttle. It makes it hard to drive the car accurately.

Is it the laptop not being fast enough?
I have noticed this when I tried to run the settings too high, or if a background process starts, say an AV scan, the frame rate doesn't look bad, but the car doesn't react properly.

Try turning everything down, if you have an intel graphics card in the laptop, some bios' have a setting to increase the amount of ram is allocated for the video card, increase this, it will help.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #242
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post
Anybody else using a KO EX10 with VRC Pro? I just got my USB adapter and setup the game today, but my computer won't recognize any inputs from the controller. Not sure if it would be my radio of the adapter. Sounds like pretty much plug and play to set the adapter up.
Did you calibrate it in Windows?

I shut down virus scan and automatic updates. Also I don't have any browsers open.
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #243
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

WHAT ADAPTER IS NEEDED TO USE DX3R PRO

STUBYSLAP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #244
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBYSLAP31 View Post
WHAT ADAPTER IS NEEDED TO USE DX3R PRO
VRC-3NT
Old 01-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #245
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Got my controller working. Not really sire what I did to make it work- I was playing with all kinds of stuff and then it just started to work. Logged a couple hundred laps already. The physics feel pretty good and the cars handling is consistent with real life. Looking forward to doing some racing with other cars on track.
My little 13" MacBook with its puny core 2 duo processor and rubbish graphics card runs the game smoothly at 30fps with all the graphics turned down to their lowest settings. Controller response is fast with basically no lag.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #246
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys....

I apologize for this not adding to the thread per se but I feel like I need to post my comments in case someone over at VRC reads this thread or for someone that is looking at using this game... These are my opinions, please take them as such.... So, I was prompted to write this post today because I actually went to renew for my second month and due to the exchange rate it was going to be 18 bucks... on to my rant...

Ok... The problem with this game... VALUE... or the lack there of

The monthly subscriptions... I know that there are a bunch of games going this way... WOW, the new star wars game (that my son wanted but costs 60 bucks and then $$ every month...sorry... just not doing it!).My kids only play online on the PS3 instead of the xbox because it is free. I understand there are associated cost with hosting, server use.. blah blah blah...Not looking to debate this because it has been done before... for me its just a personal comfort level thing and as of now I don't see 15 + or - bucks per month, whether it be in WOW, XBOX live or VRC pro, of value. That's a good chuck of change... specially when you start to add it up... 15 for xbox, 18 for vrc pro, 15 for wow... that's 560 bucks a year on video games....I like spending my money on fun things...I think we all do if we are reading a RC forum... but I want value for my money and I just dont see it here. Also, with these online games.. all you are buying is the time in the game.. you don't get anything for it! When I buy a regular computer game...it goes in my big binder of games and years down the road I may pull it out and play it again...or donate them to the Good Will. I still have my Nintendo 64 just to play 007 Golden Eye and pilot wings! If I buy a new gyro for a heli or a new esc for a car.... when I am done with it I have options... I can put it it on another car/heli or I can sell it. It may only be a percentage of what I paid but it still holds some value that I can then re invest into my hobby. I just did this with my small helis to help fund getting into rc cars. I recouped about 600 bucks! My youngest son is always wanting to buy "better" characters, weapons or whatever for the games he plays and I always tell hem no, because I know that in a few months he will be playing a different game and the green dragon that he bought will be a waste.

So I went ahead and tried it for one month... I was insulted to find that you only get maybe 40% (just guessing) of available content.. I tried to get in the only multi-player race that I saw was in progress.... Ohh wait... I don't have access to that track.. I have to buy that one!! Wanted to customize my car... ohh.. don't have very many standard items for that.

I have Phoenix Air RC sim and Real flight and I would have been happy to invest also into VRC pro if it was a fully loaded and a one time deal...

There are certain times in life when you feel like you are being taken advantage of or paying more that you really should for what ever reason... and I get that feeling with this game. I relate it to the same feeling that I get in a lot of the LHS that I have visited around the country on my travels. But this if for a totally different conversation.

So with all of that said...the game play was decent if you can afford it or don't care about the cost. The one big plus that I see is that I only spent the 12 bucks for the first month as a trial!

Thanks for listening.

Jeff
cfijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #247
Tech Adept

I have to tell you Jeff ... I'm with you. I bought the dongle and got this working with my computer on the free trial, but as I look at the pricing model, I really don't think I'm going to go forward with a subscription. I have both Phoenix and Real Flight (heck, I even bought an earlier version of VRC), so it's not like I'm averse to spending for a sim, but I don't like the subscription pricing model. As I explore the game, it seems like there's a fee for everything on top of the subscription price, which is not insubstantial in and of itself. It kind of feels like the new flying experience. Want to fly to Chicago? Great, that will be $300. Oh, and you wanted to check a bag? $25 please. Headphones? $3. Meal on the flight? $10. I can't change the world, but I *can* vote with my wallet.
JohnPrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #248
Tech Rookie

I know what you mean about the pricing. However it is a very small team and the overheads are huge - and it's GOOD.

Once you get racing regularly you earn money for placing in events. I suck and manage to get money back from that. You also earn up to 3VRC Euro's for just doing laps in a month - practice, races, whatever. So you can get the chassis etc as you go. The tracks are pricey, I feel you there.

It's not the cheapest and I can't argue any of your points but it's not THAT bad once you get going. Fortunately my daughter's 3 so other games aren't an issue yet

Cheers
Naptalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #249
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I don't really think the "small team/business" or "high overhead" argument works, at least for me....only because this program has been done before without the need of monthly charges.

I don't understand why they don't do it the way they did it with the original version. Sell me the game with several tracks included. Then give me the option to purchase different tracks and other options later. And finally, if I want to race online against other people, let me pay for that separately.

Maybe not enough people were paying to play online and that's why they decided to make it a monthly charge that required some sort of online use. If that's the case, they may have just lost a sale to everyone who only wanted to play the game and not play online. I paid $100 bucks for the original game and then paid another good chunk of change to buy different tracks and play some online. If that were the case with the new game, I would be doing the same but, I'm not touching this new game until they change it.
EVILGRAFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #250
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
I don't really think the "small team/business" or "high overhead" argument works, at least for me....only because this program has been done before without the need of monthly charges.

I don't understand why they don't do it the way they did it with the original version. Sell me the game with several tracks included. Then give me the option to purchase different tracks and other options later. And finally, if I want to race online against other people, let me pay for that separately.

Maybe not enough people were paying to play online and that's why they decided to make it a monthly charge that required some sort of online use. If that's the case, they may have just lost a sale to everyone who only wanted to play the game and not play online. I paid $100 bucks for the original game and then paid another good chunk of change to buy different tracks and play some online. If that were the case with the new game, I would be doing the same but, I'm not touching this new game until they change it.
+1

Spot on. Not only everything you said, but there is no AI if you want to practice racing against others. I'll just keep on using the old game for now.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #251
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

vrc turned wow... very unfortunate I will also stay away until they change the price model. Maybe if they did not spend 4 years pushing the game back they could have sold it with a 1 time purchase price. I would even pay 100 dollars for the game if it were just the 1 time fee but the monthly thing is juts ridiculous.

I could see charging for entering a large race maybe but if I just want to get online and race a couple of my own friends I have to pay a monthly fee.. I will just use an xbox I guess
gguertin145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #252
Tech Master

I guess I'm missing something. I enjoy the game, and the monthly subscription fee doesn't bother me any more than any other game subscription does. Its the way things are now. Micro payments and subscriptions. Get used to it. Or play your Xbox.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #253
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One word, offroad anymore info would keep us offroad/onroad guys intreged..... I have a subcription until Feb 12th and haven't touch the game in over a month..
SWEEP RACING
SMC
Darrin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #254
Tech Champion

A lot of games are going the monthly subscription route or the pay for content route...but few games use both. iRacing also does both...but iRacing is so much better of a game I don't mind it so much. I really didn't find VRC Pro to be that much of an improvement over the original game to warrant a 4 year development time and a change to a subscription with pay for content model. Plus the way multi-player was implemented is pretty poor. Whenever I would log in there would be no hosted sessions and having to qualify within the top X number of drivers to get into a scheduled race basically made it a single player game for me. Yes there should be qualifying but that shouldn't disqualify you from a race...only determine your start position. Also there needs to be more racing opportunities...there should be several races a day not just a few per week. A game with this relatively small of a community I could see being a pay for content so long as they drop the monthly subscription (or the other way around) and fix the racing program.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #255
Tech Addict

RCTECH VRC PRO Racer, please prepare for these race.

10-02-2012 RCTECH FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1:10 NITRO Fort Myers Raceway 1:10 Nitro on-road
10-02-2012 RCTECH FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1:8 NITRO Fort Myers Raceway 1:8 Nitro on-road
10-02-2012 RCTECH FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1:8 NITRO MASTERS Fort Myers Raceway 1:8 Nitro on-road Spec

Thanks to rctech.net for sponsored these race.
smith9turbo is offline   Reply With Quote