Wiki Posts
Search

Wanted ABC Genetic hop-ups?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Wanted ABC Genetic hop-ups?

I was just talking to a local R/C'r & machinist that is thinking of making some hop-ups for the ABC Genetic. I wanted to see if there are common weak points on this chassis that could use some upgrading? I believe he's already looking to make a stronger diff joint cup,#24034,since he's stripped both on his BL Genetic. Are there any other parts that anyone would like to see strengthened? LMK.-Mike
Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

No one?! Well,so far I've been asked about the diff cups & possibly making a spool for the ABC diff. I will look into this. Anything else? Other diff parts? gears? suspension/steering components? Unfortunately I took my ABC out to the Rose Bowl for a test run & it seems that something started binding really bad in one of the diffs/ Not sure what it is,but it happened after about 2 min. I hope to tear it down & fix it before Fusion this weekend. Any other upgrade ideas from you hardcore Genetic fans??
Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fordmike65
No one?! Well,so far I've been asked about the diff cups & possibly making a spool for the ABC diff. I will look into this. Anything else? Other diff parts? gears? suspension/steering components? Unfortunately I took my ABC out to the Rose Bowl for a test run & it seems that something started binding really bad in one of the diffs/ Not sure what it is,but it happened after about 2 min. I hope to tear it down & fix it before Fusion this weekend. Any other upgrade ideas from you hardcore Genetic fans??

Hi Mike - thanks for bringing this up, We are now currently testing our spool prototype at BCR, and this will be in production soon. On your bind issue, it might not be the diff, check your wheels it might be binding with your up rights, a small rock can cause this too on the wheel and upright bind.

other would shave .5 mm off the uprights using a dremel just to give them enough clearance to clear small debris. hope this helps, so I will see you at Fusion this weekend
Old 05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for the tip! I took the frt diff apart last night & did'nt find anything. Found it a good time to install the updated diff screw,clean & lube diff & bearings though. I'll keep checking when I get home. I'll let you know what I find. BTW,is there an ABC Genetic specific thread on rctech so we can post pics,tips,set-ups & general chat concering this model? If not,I'm gonna start one,if that's alright?