Community
Wiki Posts
Search

choice

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default choice

ive been looking for an on road 1/10 scale racer for about 250$ it needs to be pretty durable(im not that good) and i will be bashing about 85 percent of the time.i found the tamiya 911 GT3 Cup VIP 2007 and the hpi ford gt E10 so just post away and thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

and it needs to be pretty fast like more then 40MPH and i will upgrade any small probllems and will get a new moter soon(unlless its fast)
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

TC4 is the best car out there at that price. It took me almost a year to break something on it. It comes with a 15t motor. Not sure how fast it will go on a speed run, but still fast out of the box. I would suggest buying spare parts for the arms, because bashing can be just as hard on the car, as racing is.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

get a tamiya TA05. The E10 is CRAP. I think the tamiya porsche is limited edition.

And you won't get 40mph for less than $250. I don't know US prices, but a TA05, EZrun brushless system (8.5t motor 60A ESC) and battery, as well as the radio gear will be more than that. Plus you have to build it all. If you want RTR, an HPI sprint 2 flux is just as fast, but doesn't handle as well, nor does it cope with grit as well. The stock sprint 2 should be below budget, but not as fast as you want it.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah no one wants to burst your bubble, but you need to go down on your expectations, or up on the funding. The Flux is fast, but I dont think it handles good enough to run in modied class. Which is where it would have to run. But for bashing its excellent. The TC3 or TC4 would both be excellent cars, but you still have to put hot motors in for the performance you are looking for.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maylemay
and it needs to be pretty fast like more then 40MPH and i will upgrade any small probllems and will get a new moter soon(unlless its fast)
If you're not very good, why on earth would you want to go fast?

Unless your name is Ricky-Bobby, then by all means, go fast.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

well im pretty good like im average but my street is well...but i do have some good parking lots and fast is just awsome