Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which charger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default Which charger?

I was wondering what is the best charger I have listed...

Novak Millennium
LRP Pulsay
Reed Quasar

Thanks
Aaron
Old 12-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Quasar will be the most cost effective since it is AC/DC. It also has the highest discharge rate.

The Pulsar Competition does the most things all around, but some question the usefullness of the extra options like the discharge(only 10 amps) and the motor run in which shuts off sometimes with a mod motor. In addition, it requires a power supply.

The Millenium is a good charger, but the ones above are both better, but more expensive also. It too, requires a power supply.

The CE Pit bull may be a good choice to have in this list also. It does the same things as the Millenium but is a little cheaper. This also requires a power supply.

Oh, don't forget the Puslar sport. It is nearly the same as the pulsar, but doesn't have the motor run function and discharge. It is also DC only.

With this being said, I own the Pulsar Competition. I use the motor run in function to break in brushes and power my lathe. As for the discharging, I bought an Integy Reactor 30 discharger and I am happy with that.

Tower hobbies has the Novak N-power on sale for $75, so when you do your comparison, add that amount to the DC only chargers to get a good base on price comparison when comparing AC chargers vs DC only chargers.

Integy makes the quasar chargers and they are cheaper than the associated one. The new 16X7 V6 is the same as the quasar, but has a 30 amp discharge rate rather than a 20 amp rate. The 16X5V6 is the same as the 16X7 and quasar pro, but it is DC only. The 16X9 is a little fancier, but I don't know what it has that the quasar doesn't. WWW.speedtechrc.com sells the integy chargers for a good price and www.kthobbies.com has a good price on the others.

Sooooo, goood luck!

Thanks,

GoFaster
Old 12-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can get a nice power supply off ebay for 20 bucks but you have to install your own power cord but that's easy. The yokomo bcs charger is very nice and out of the three you listed, i'd get the lrp.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd have to say the best all around charger with Charging, Discharging (20 amps baby!) and Cycling functions is the Eagle CDC 6.0b

Its cheaper than the Pulsar but has all the same functions except for the motor run-in function.

http://www.eaglemodel.com/en/cont01/new4.html

No other charger squeezes so many functions into one box at the price you pay for the Eagle CDC 6.0b.

I use it myself too!

Anyone else agrees with me say Aye!
Old 12-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

eye i tottaly agree. my friend had one, so i bought one, now another mate is buying one, it comes in on friday.. :P
Old 12-10-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

CDC charger v 6.0
i have much praise for this very versatile charger, it can cycle almost all of the batts i use in this hobby (except lead acid) my only complaint is that the LCD's backlight goes on and off from time to time. but strangely (or luckily ) enough, it hasnt done that in a long time. also, wish it had a motor run feature. but overall, an excellent charger
Old 12-10-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Which charger?

Originally posted by lazyeh
I was wondering what is the best charger I have listed...

Novak Millennium
LRP Pulsay
Reed Quasar

Thanks
Aaron

Novak Millenuim...
Old 12-10-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by marvi
CDC charger v 6.0
i have much praise for this very versatile charger, it can cycle almost all of the batts i use in this hobby (except lead acid) my only complaint is that the LCD's backlight goes on and off from time to time. but strangely (or luckily ) enough, it hasnt done that in a long time. also, wish it had a motor run feature. but overall, an excellent charger
The CDC is the same charger as the Integy 16X5 V6. I have heard nothing but good things about these.

Good Luck,

GoFaster
Old 12-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Regional Moderator

why are ppl asking these questions? its just like asking which TC is the best out there! theres no BEST charger! all different chargers have different ways of charging! and they are all good!!

chargers with different functions in there are like and all terrain car! they do what they are suppose to do..but are they good at everything? NO...same with chargers...

just pick the one which you think looks the best!
Old 12-10-2003, 10:25 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

I had a quasar pro and a mill pro and both were ok but I sold them off and got a CE Pitbull and it is way way better
Old 12-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are there any in $250 and under price range that will do the motor run in and discharge/cycle as well?
Old 12-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Regional Moderator

LRP pulsar is the only one...but only 10 amp discharge

i suggest you save up some more and get a GFX or get a cheaper charger and a separate motor run in unit!
Old 12-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

I think I am going to go with a Lrp Pulsar Sport... before I buy new, does anybody have one for sale?
Old 12-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how much is that CDC charger?
Old 12-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by lazyeh
I think I am going to go with a Lrp Pulsar Sport... before I buy new, does anybody have one for sale?
If you're going for the Sport, you might as well fork out a couple $$ more for the CDC which has all the functions of the Competition except motor run-in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.