R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-24-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default cyclone s help please

hi all,

I want to race in stock not drift, the hobbie shop told me that i need the s
because it had the upgrades already and the diff is stronger.

my questions are these as i am very new to racing:

1-i got the manual from cyclone tc and have set the diffs up the same (i put a pro spec in the rear and normal fixed in the front) is this right

2-it came with a plastice 18 t pulley and a one way pulley but when i set it up how the book says it doesnt pull the belt becasue it is going the wrong way, so i turned them around and have the plastic running the rear and the one way running the front which means when i brake it is like pulling up the handbrake

3-i am currently running a 40 pinnion with a 96 spur, but i want to go to stock brushless what, i got told to run the 7.5 not a 13.5 is this good

4- as i said i am very new, what do i need to convert the s to a touring monster, do i need to get a new pulley shaft?

as you can see i need help with everything, please any help would be great especailly with pics or part numbers

cheers all
DIRT BUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT BUSTER View Post
hi all,

I want to race in stock not drift, the hobbie shop told me that i need the s
because it had the upgrades already and the diff is stronger.

my questions are these as i am very new to racing:

1-i got the manual from cyclone tc and have set the diffs up the same (i put a pro spec in the rear and normal fixed in the front) is this right

2-it came with a plastice 18 t pulley and a one way pulley but when i set it up how the book says it doesnt pull the belt becasue it is going the wrong way, so i turned them around and have the plastic running the rear and the one way running the front which means when i brake it is like pulling up the handbrake

3-i am currently running a 40 pinnion with a 96 spur, but i want to go to stock brushless what, i got told to run the 7.5 not a 13.5 is this good

4- as i said i am very new, what do i need to convert the s to a touring monster, do i need to get a new pulley shaft?

as you can see i need help with everything, please any help would be great especailly with pics or part numbers

cheers all
Hey mate

A-This is fine mate this is what I run in my S

A-Get rid of the stock layshaft and pulleys and upgrade it to the cyclone TC layshaft and pulleys, just go to www.hbeurope.com to get your part numbers or the manual you have there.

A-17.5 brushless is the ROAR stock motor these days and an FDR of about 3.6 is what I run but thats with a Tekin RS PRO and the Tekin 17.5 plus I have tweaked the software as well. I would jump onto gearchart.com put in your gear ratio which is 2.16 with 18t pulleys and try and get your FDR around 4 to start with dont forget to put your tyre diameter in as 63mm as it wont give you any rollouts without that info. BTW I run 48P gears not 64P

A-As above dude, yes upgrade the entire pulley system, run uni's all round and drop a lipo in, dont run sway bars, pink springs in front and silver in back, shocks furthest hole top rear, bottom middle hole and one hole in on the top front and furthest on the bottom, 3mm droop all round, 5mm front ride height, 5.5 rear, run your belts as loose as possible, no belt tensioner, make sure you tighten rear diff so that it just turns as you dont want it running to loose, 1.5 camber all round, .5 toe out front, 3 toe in rear, 35 weight oil all round, FDR middle block and PRO4 shocks. If theres anything else I can remember man Ill let you know, but my ride handles very nicely at the moment with those settings.

Pretty much leave everything else stock. I found a few 3racing parts made things a little tight in the car which I had to remove, about the only good thing 3racing make for the s are the unis man, never had any issues with them. Dont get sucked in by the puple bling

Cheers
Adrian
Old 04-25-2009, 04:03 AM   #3
Tech Adept

The cyclone S is more stronger but she isn't efficace in flex chassis! take a Hara edition or a Moore edition for more flex chassis! I mustn't say the cyclone s is not good but it's not the "must"...

http://rcracereportsigm-racing.blogspot.com/
adri-13 is offline   Reply With Quote