R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #61
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
I belive that somewhere here on forum (other thread) was mentioned that SXX highest profile is like profile 6 ond SPX. Dynamic timing is on pofile 7 and 8 if I know well. When SPX starts changing timing it's like second gear on car. It's crazy.
Personally I ran SXX only with mod motors so I can't really compare these two. Sphere TC Spec and SPX is HUGE difference - mostly on straights.
How much of a difference on the straights?

As I know both have the variable timing depending on the speed of the motor, I guess the spx/sxx just crank it up further?
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #62
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
Haha i dont think it matters what i get its never going to be as fast as his! Make it up on those things called corners though

Yer me and Russell had a chat about doing some of the Wednesday nights so ill probably see you down there one week. Do they get many people down on a Wednesday?
Nothing seems as fast as birdys on the straights! (but i've been told from a good source his motor may have been played with ).... yeah we make it up on the corners which is a +

Apparently they get a good turn out on the wednesdays.. some team drivers use it as a setup night as well suppose it's more weather dependant than anything else!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink Fastest motor with a SPX #7

Here's a question for everybody. What brushless motor for 13.5 is the fastest using the SPX on profile #7 ? Someone came to our local track with a radar gun, ie, the one the police use to see if your speeding. We checked the MPH at the end of the straightaway and want to guess which one had the highest MPH? ? By the way we had a Novak, LRP, Speedpassion, Trinity and a Hacker! Anybody????
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
Here's a question for everybody. What brushless motor for 13.5 is the fastest using the SPX on profile #7 ? Someone came to our local track with a radar gun, ie, the one the police use to see if your speeding. We checked the MPH at the end of the straightaway and want to guess which one had the highest MPH? ? By the way we had a Novak, LRP, Speedpassion, Trinity and a Hacker! Anybody????
My guess would be the Trinity!

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Novak.
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #66
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughbeard View Post

With this setup, we hooked up the fully charged battery, the esc came alive. we did the setup, it didnt work at first. so after checking the to do list we noticed we forgot to reverse throttle.

the second trial with correct setting, everything worked. Forward, brake. I corrected the servo hornas it was off a little I put the car on the bench and we were chatting with my friends getting ready to check the modes the ES started smoking and burnt.

This is the second SXX TC Spec that died on the bench and the 3rd to burn in this area and everyone has questions...

The only thing thats common with these setups are the spektrum receivers. or faulty ESCs.

I replaced the SXX with my spare and put a new Futaba HRS 27mhz PCm receiver and all worked fine.

I used the old TC spec with this receiver with no problems for the whole season last year. So my question is,

Is there a problem with SXX TC SPEC and Spektrum working together or I was unlucky and received a bad ESC?

Second is what do I do with it?
RU SERIOUS???

Me and friends are planning to get the new speedo, but this would be something else. Some of the guys are using it in S'pore. Gonna check wif them see whether they have such issue.

Hope u could claim it wif ur LHS..
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
RU SERIOUS???

Me and friends are planning to get the new speedo, but this would be something else. Some of the guys are using it in S'pore. Gonna check wif them see whether they have such issue.

Hope u could claim it wif ur LHS..
Unfortunately I got them while I was on a bussinesstrip. Trying to get in touch with LRp on the issue. but it maybe 200 dollars out the window very fast

Racing since the 20th century
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:

So which one was it Max? I keep hearing the Trinity's are the fastest right now.
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #69
Tech Master

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
So which one was it Max? I keep hearing the Trinity's are the fastest right now.
If I told you I would have to hear it from everybody who thinks that I'm not testing the motors fairly because I'm maybe not gearing one over the other properly so not to favor one over the other I can't say!
But..... all I can say is two of them had the same top speed and the name of them sounds like cracker and burp!
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 06-26-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #70
Tech Master

I solved the riddle!! Hacker and LRP.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:19 AM   #71
Tech Master

Red face RADAR GUN MPH Revision#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
I solved the riddle!! Hacker and LRP.
In all fairness we could have spent more time playing with the gearing and I think if we cranked up the motors timing the Trinity,Novak and SP would probably have given us more top end. I'm only talking 2-3 mph difference from the other two. Time constraint did not allow us to try every option!
But overall the SPX gave all motors more top end in the straightaway and had crazy torque on the inside part of the track!
Just my 2$
Old 07-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #72
Tech Adept

Initial brake, if im running touring car do i have this set to 0 ?
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #73
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jonnydb Send a message via Skype™ to Jonnydb

certainly! the profile 10 of sxx profile is not equal to 8 of SPX, the bench seems to be equal to the profile 6 of SPX, when my SPX burned i had change to SXX and I had to change from 7.4 to 6.2 for trying to run the same as SPX, has more top end than SXX with stock motors ... so if someone want run stock class buy a SPX
Jonnydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #74
ZW
Tech Rookie

Default SXX Help?

Can anyone help out with this? Trying to get a new SXX set up for a race tomorrow, and having some problems.

I've got everything hooked up right, and have followed all directions.

When I try to set up the radio by holding the Set button for three seconds, it never goes into the setup mode where you set full throttle, brake, etc.

The unit seems to power up, fan comes on, blue LED comes on, I'm able to get into the power profile setup, but that's it.

Thanks!
ZW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #75
Tech Regular

It happend in a new speedo, may be the set up led is not working. try to continue the set up if there was the led and the you can know if it is a broken led.
Nuno Gancho is offline   Reply With Quote