Search

LRP SXX TC SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftDreamer06
sorry for the sxx thread redirect

i run 2 1/12 17.5 cars that are the same except the esc one has a comp 07 and other spx - i do not have the notes from test right hear but the comp say rolled at 80 the spx rolled out high 60's - trinity duo's 0 motor timing.
gear down on the spx and then gear down again and let it rip smaller the track more gearing down. love the spx - i will be buying more wanna sell?
Once I put it on profile 7 and geared down several teeth, I became an SPX believer! I may end up picking up another one in Nosram red to match my Photon.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

What drive ratio are your at Adam?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
What drive ratio are your at Adam?
Running a 13.5, I ended up around 5.71 on a track a little larger than Fastlane. I'm running a SP 13.5 with the timing right in the middle (from the factory) for what it's worth. Once I geared down, the car came alive in the infield, and profile 7 really lets it rip on the straights, especially toward the end. On a bigger track, it could get scary. We're expanding in a few weeks, so I guess I'll find out.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

What is the main difference between the SPX and the SXX? Is one considered better or faster? Different purposes? Thanks.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samstheman2
What is the main difference between the SPX and the SXX? Is one considered better or faster? Different purposes? Thanks.

The SPX is more for spec racing (17.5,13.5) and the SXX is designed more for Mod racing.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With this setup, we hooked up the fully charged battery, the esc came alive. we did the setup, it didnt work at first. so after checking the to do list we noticed we forgot to reverse throttle.

the second trial with correct setting, everything worked. Forward, brake. I corrected the servo hornas it was off a little I put the car on the bench and we were chatting with my friends getting ready to check the modes the ES started smoking and burnt.

This is the second SXX TC Spec that died on the bench and the 3rd to burn in this area and everyone has questions...

The only thing thats common with these setups are the spektrum receivers. or faulty ESCs.

I replaced the SXX with my spare and put a new Futaba HRS 27mhz PCm receiver and all worked fine.

I used the old TC spec with this receiver with no problems for the whole season last year. So my question is,

Is there a problem with SXX TC SPEC and Spektrum working together or I was unlucky and received a bad ESC?

Second is what do I do with it?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Question regarding the Lipo cut off:

Does the whole car just shut down or does it leave you with steering?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

With regards to people discussing SPX vs SXX TC.

I see people saying the SPX has special advanced timing and profiles for stock spec that the SXX TC doesnt have and the SXX TC top profile not being as advanced as the top profile on the SPX. My question is, is it not possible to catch up by advancing the motor physically ? Or is everyone advanced the motors as far as they go already?

Ive just purchased the SXX TC you see and its all ready to go for tommorow nights racing, first time ive had a brushless system trying to find out a bit of info. What profile would you recommend? Im running 10.5 Vector.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
With regards to people discussing SPX vs SXX TC.

I see people saying the SPX has special advanced timing and profiles for stock spec that the SXX TC doesnt have and the SXX TC top profile not being as advanced as the top profile on the SPX. My question is, is it not possible to catch up by advancing the motor physically ? Or is everyone advanced the motors as far as they go already?

Ive just purchased the SXX TC you see and its all ready to go for tommorow nights racing, first time ive had a brushless system trying to find out a bit of info. What profile would you recommend? Im running 10.5 Vector.

Higher physical timing won't provide what you get with SPX Stock Spec.
On high profiles you won't have high esc timing from throttle bottom but it raises dynamically timing when you've got full throttle - mostly on straights. So you've got great bottom end and also top end. With SXX and physical timing you can get only bottom end or top end not both.
I would use highest profile on your SXX for sure but it still will be lower than highest SPX profiles. Reason is - SXX is designed for mod where you don't use such high profile timing - motor has plenty of power. SPX is designed for stock motors to provide as much power as you can get from motor and even more.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lochness42
Higher physical timing won't provide what you get with SPX Stock Spec.
On high profiles you won't have high esc timing from throttle bottom but it raises dynamically timing when you've got full throttle - mostly on straights. So you've got great bottom end and also top end. With SXX and physical timing you can get only bottom end or top end not both.
I would use highest profile on your SXX for sure but it still will be lower than highest SPX profiles. Reason is - SXX is designed for mod where you don't use such high profile timing - motor has plenty of power. SPX is designed for stock motors to provide as much power as you can get from motor and even more.
Thank you for the reply. In your own personal opinion would you say theres a massive noticable difference between the 2 speedos with both set on top profile?

(when running 10.5)
Old 06-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Suspended

Just got myself a Sphere Tc Spec, would any of you say i'd have seen a noticable difference had I purchased the SXX instead (10.5 class)

Also good to see you on here Richie T... see you tomorrow!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Just got myself a Sphere Tc Spec, would any of you say i'd have seen a noticable difference had I purchased the SXX instead (10.5 class)

Also good to see you on here Richie T... see you tomorrow!
Alright mate!

I might not be coming down tommorow as i may end up going to Bedworth to set my car up for round 3 of the TORC this Sunday. Finally got some new kit, might be able to keep up with you n Bird down the straights soon
Old 06-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Suspended

Yeahh he's already mentioned you have a sxx now, he must be getting worried

Hopefully i'll be giving mine a run up bedworth soon with greig on the wednesday nights... might see you there some time?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Yeahh he's already mentioned you have a sxx now, he must be getting worried

Hopefully i'll be giving mine a run up bedworth soon with greig on the wednesday nights... might see you there some time?
Haha i dont think it matters what i get its never going to be as fast as his! Make it up on those things called corners though

Yer me and Russell had a chat about doing some of the Wednesday nights so ill probably see you down there one week. Do they get many people down on a Wednesday?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ritchie T
Thank you for the reply. In your own personal opinion would you say theres a massive noticable difference between the 2 speedos with both set on top profile?

(when running 10.5)
I belive that somewhere here on forum (other thread) was mentioned that SXX highest profile is like profile 6 ond SPX. Dynamic timing is on pofile 7 and 8 if I know well. When SPX starts changing timing it's like second gear on car. It's crazy.
Personally I ran SXX only with mod motors so I can't really compare these two. Sphere TC Spec and SPX is HUGE difference - mostly on straights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.