R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2010, 03:33 AM   #151
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo View Post
have u actually dogfight or at least run head to head with the person using tekin RS pro? how different is your laptime compare to his?

curious to know
As you can handle the power, than it's a big difference.
Even on the small tracks.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #152
Tech Adept
 
Ritchie T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 127
Exclamation

Hi i foolishly bought this speedo for stock racing about a year ago instead of the spx

Just wondering is there anything i can do to get the best out of it for 10.5?

Ive got it on profile 6 because if i go any higher it goes into linear or + expo and i lose all punch.

Any suggestions or just sell it and move on!?
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #153
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
Hi i foolishly bought this speedo for stock racing about a year ago instead of the spx

Just wondering is there anything i can do to get the best out of it for 10.5?

Ive got it on profile 6 because if i go any higher it goes into linear or + expo and i lose all punch.

Any suggestions or just sell it and move on!?
sell it and look for a speedo that you can update.
It saves you a lot of money.
Here are now the SPX speedo's for sale for 100 euro's with a motor wile the speedo was 240 euro when they bought it.
Be wise and spend your money well.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:54 AM   #154
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
As you can handle the power, than it's a big difference.
Even on the small tracks.
I totally agree with this -> "As you can handle the power"
What if you can't? Disaster
I saw some of Tekin user kept overshooting the corner.. worst than before they use that speedo.
some people said SXX is smoother, therefore they can drive more consistent and better total time.
__________________
TOP Racing
krat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #155
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
I totally agree with this -> "As you can handle the power"
What if you can't? Disaster
I saw some of Tekin user kept overshooting the corner.. worst than before they use that speedo.
some people said SXX is smoother, therefore they can drive more consistent and better total time.
The smoothness is in there setup. You can set the Tekin very smooth or just very aggressive. That is the advantage of the Tekin but most drivers think that an aggressive car is faster.
By changing your setup, you can choose your own power curve with the Tekin.
I have seen some crazy setups and in the beginning when I just had the V203 I had to much power and I missed all the corners. Now I have a smooth setup and it's fast.

But I see a lot of drivers go slower on the smaller tracks because of the power they have now.
It's like mod.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:23 AM   #156
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,196
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

Does anyone know the size of the screws for the fan? Both of mine are stripped and I need some replacements.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Team Orion - Stickit1 - Schelle
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #157
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Does anyone know the size of the screws for the fan? Both of mine are stripped and I need some replacements.
M3 but the length I don't now. Measure the fan and ad some extra length.
__________________
http://www.mikky32.com
Tekin RS pro
TOP racing Photon
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #158
Tech Fanatic
 
subaru73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Auburn
Posts: 897
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default lrp

quick question i just picked an x 12 13.5 motor is this speed control ok for this motor and if so what setting should i use?
__________________
Tamiya Ta07 Tamiya evo5 ms,Tamiya Ta05r Tamiya FF04 rm01 Tamiya Ff03R
Futaba 4Px radio lrp speed control
Cfx paint works Fantom Racing apex Rc tq hobbies acer racing Hebki design works
subaru73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #159
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone use the optional cap lrp has for the sxx?

Been thinking about getting one because it's smaller then the stock one.
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:18 AM   #160
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Does anyone use the optional cap lrp has for the sxx?

Been thinking about getting one because it's smaller then the stock one.
I use it, Nosram cap, ref.92531, same as LRP , and work perfect, with modified motors, i run Octa and X12, 4.5-4.0 motors with 5900 50C Lipos.

Greetings, Luis C.
__________________
## NOSRAM ## YOKOMO BD5W ## BMI DB12RR+ ##
luic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #161
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru73 View Post
quick question i just picked an x 12 13.5 motor is this speed control ok for this motor and if so what setting should i use?
Sure you can use the TC spec speedo. But it would be better to use the LRP SXX Stock Spec when driving with a 13.5T motor.
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #162
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,196
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

Are there differences between the TC and Competition Spec internally or is it just a fan and heatsink?
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Team Orion - Stickit1 - Schelle
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #163
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Are there differences between the TC and Competition Spec internally or is it just a fan and heatsink?
There are internal differences too between the TC and the SXX Competition.

Check out this table where you can see some speedo setups for both the SXX Competition and the TC.

http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/who-needs-what/?file=4298
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #164
Tech Elite
 
K_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,196
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Thomson View Post
There are internal differences too between the TC and the SXX Competition.

Check out this table where you can see some speedo setups for both the SXX Competition and the TC.

http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/who-needs-what/?file=4298
Yeah I checked that before, it seems like everything is the same except 4W Off-road, which I suspect due to the TC having the extra cooling and 4W cars dont have really good cooling.

The reason I ask is that since I have sold an SPX SS I am looking for a replacement. I have the SXX TC going into my 4W, but as Ive mentioned, I run 13.5+ classes, and dont know if the TC would be better then the Comp. Of course then theres the SXX SS but there appears to be issues with it
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Pro-Line - Team Orion - Stickit1 - Schelle
K_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #165
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Hague, Holland
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
Yeah I checked that before, it seems like everything is the same except 4W Off-road, which I suspect due to the TC having the extra cooling and 4W cars dont have really good cooling.

The reason I ask is that since I have sold an SPX SS I am looking for a replacement. I have the SXX TC going into my 4W, but as Ive mentioned, I run 13.5+ classes, and dont know if the TC would be better then the Comp. Of course then theres the SXX SS but there appears to be issues with it
With the new Mk3 software there are no problems with the SXX SS anymore (and the feeling and power increased once again). In your case it's best to have the SXX SS.

And when you race 4WD, it's in second place it's the TC. When you're not racing 4WD it doesn't really matter whether you race TC or the Competition Spec
Rick Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors mok Electric On-Road 697 08-04-2013 01:35 PM
Ask Frank Root.....AE, Reedy, LRP, JC Frank Root Electric Off-Road 568 02-14-2010 01:24 AM
Racecraft TC Challange 2 Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 82 08-01-2009 01:07 AM
BATU KAWAN OPEN RACE 28 JUN 2009 SEMPENA KARNIVAL JOM PI BATU KAWAN, PULAU PINANG xrays Malaysian R/C Racers 195 07-01-2009 08:29 PM
10.5 Setups matrix101 Australian Racing 14 06-05-2009 03:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:09 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net