Search

Reedy Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Reedy Platinum

Any input?
Are they worth of it?
How it compares to Krypton and to the new Peak/Orion.

Thank's
Old 12-11-2003, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Robi Dyno testing (you must have the pdf already ) shows that initial torque is high on the V2 but decreases along the rpm range.
The Pt starts with lower torque but wins to the V2 more or less in at the middle of the rpm range.

The Pt revs a lot more (43k compared to 38K). Time to full rpm is lower on the Pt too. 4.9sec against almost 6sec for the V2.

Max power also goes to the Pt (222W against 208 on the V2)

The V2 seems to be a smoother motor and the Pt looks like an "explosive motor".

The results are from 12x1 motors (Pt euro version and Peak Vantage HS). Track testing will show more differences, but what I can get from the dyno testing is that the Pt will need at least to teeth less on the pinion.

If you guys are interested I'll put the pfd here with the comparative test.

Pedro, se ainda não viste po email, já lá tens o pdf
Old 12-11-2003, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Yeaph, I've seen it. Thank's
And I emailed you a little more work ....

It's getting hard to choose the new year's motor ...

PP como é no fim-de-semana ?
Old 12-11-2003, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

those motors are of the same winds i assume (you couldnt compare them properly), interesting to see on track performance.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

The newest Reedy motor the "PT" IS a great 4 cell onroad or oval motor as well as some buggy uses. If you just want torque go with the "KR", which is a very proven touring car motor.
PT verses a TI -- what i have seen is the PT reves more than the TI. In 4 cell it seems to be smother than the ti, and you can run harder and still run time(meaning it seems to be easier on the batteries). Walter
Old 12-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

As promised here is the graph comparing the two (Pt 12x1 Euro and Peak Vantage 12x1 HS)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
pt_vs_peakvantage.pdf (134.5 KB, 225 views)
Old 12-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A PT is basically a KR version of the TI. It uses the older sonic can with quad mags with a smaller comm than the KR(TI sized) and standup brushes. They were designed for 4 cell applications, but people have been using them in touring car, but they are not very easy to tune for higher load applications like TC.

Later Eddie
Old 12-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

I think you can do just fine with the PT. Last weekend at the big race in the NW the fastest lap time on the track was run with a PT. The only thing I dis-like about this motor is the large vents in the can, I think it would be better if Reedy had used th Ti can design.

Chac
Old 12-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got a platinum 12 turn and an Orion 12. Both are good motors, but the new V brush is changing the way electric cars will be run. I've got literally 50 runs on the original set of enduro brushes that came with the motor. I true the motor every 15 - 20 runs and only have to take .002 off the comm before it is shiny and new, clean the carbon off the brushes and put it back together. Once you put a few weekends on the new style Orion/Peak motors you will be amazed at the new technology. The motors also come with 2 extra sets of brushes which means you can put 200 runs on the thing before you will need to buy any brushes. I'm still learning about the limits of these motors but in the 5 weekends I've run it, the V2 has already out performed anything I have ever owned.

racer-oZ
Old 12-11-2003, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by EddieO
A PT is basically a KR version of the TI. It uses the older sonic can with quad mags with a smaller comm than the KR(TI sized) and standup brushes. They were designed for 4 cell applications, but people have been using them in touring car, but they are not very easy to tune for higher load applications like TC.

Later Eddie
You are right the PT does use an older can design, however it is the Fury can blank not the tri-sonic can. Walter