R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2003, 02:20 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Sorry I think you misunderstood me I said that the binary is almost as powerful as 19 turns were last year chamelion speedgems ect.
it seems you were getting a little upset about the fact that I use a fantom dyno so I will leave it at that.
Mo Denton
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:21 PM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't really see much poin into messing with these motors since a majority of tracks will not allow them and I doubt they will any time soon. I think the only time we will see these being used is as handout motors, but that won't be very often.

And Dynohohum is right, no stock motor is going to keep with an a 19t.....the fantom dyno is junk, why people still trust that thing I will never know.

Later Eddie
Old 12-11-2003, 02:22 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mo, he get's that way, i just love my Fantom (even mor conservative then yours!) ... just keep talkin away!!!!!

You going to com to Toledo then?
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:26 PM   #19
Tech Adept

no...no... I'm not upset... and I didn't want to upset anyone else...

I have no doubt these new motors are fast... And I honestly don't care if you use a Fantom... And I'm sure that the total lap times between 19 turn and Stock are not vastly differnt...

I was just trying to explain why I don't beleive we're ever going to see a Bin2 Outlaw going as fast as a 19 turn when all other things are equal.
DynoMoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:26 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Well Greg we both know the fantom Dyno isnt junk. it basically setts the standard for motor dynoing period. the problem is that most people dont know how to use it
Mo Denton
Old 12-11-2003, 02:32 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Mo, you would be correct... most people would jump at the chance to have a 71.2 power 22000 rpm motor off my fantom motor... untill I hand them a MVP that is a turd on the track but a Dyno-Queen!

It's all being able to compare the dyno data points, and know what that motor is going to do for you. More, more, more does not always mean faster faster faster... You have to know where the power band on a given motor is and how to use it in your rig...

Mo, how do you like the graphs with these motors produced??
Old 12-11-2003, 02:39 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Just to pick on Greg a little...

I bet that MVP looks like crap on my dyno...

I never did like them things... (MVPs)

I'm sure if I had a Fantom... I'd be able to tune a motor just fine. I agree, it's all about learning what to look for in the data, and how to apply it to the track.

Out of curriousity... what kind of numbers do you get for a good Cheleon 2 on a Fantom? 90? 95? A good stocker is what 60-70?
Old 12-11-2003, 02:40 PM   #23
Tech Elite

I havent been judging the graphs to much I have just been going off of 1 second and 1.8 seconds thats about all you can use on most tracks

DynoMo, no problem I am still waiting to see if they even make it legal or how long it will take.
Mo Denton
Old 12-11-2003, 02:45 PM   #24
Tech Adept

I honestly don't think ROAR will make it legal... at least not this year. If for no other reason then to avoid making it look like Trinity has them in their back pocket...

In many ways I wish they would just make it legal, because I think it's going to create problems for racers at local tracks and such... Like will they let me/us run it or not... Then if they say no... what about guys like yourself who want/need to get some practice with it??? Then other guys who don't race it anywhere will piss and moan that it's illegal, etc... basicly it creates this big headache for everyone...
Old 12-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Dyno.. Lizard 2's about 21k and 84power... like I said, nothing special... but you don't want to know what my bro's Kisbey (2-mag) is.... hehehehe

Mo~should be interesting... I bet it takes a while... I look at 1 sec and 2 sec... and also loog at the graph to see what the slope of the curves are at those points... interesting stuff
Old 12-11-2003, 03:03 PM   #26
Tech Adept

I'll guess over 100 for a ARCOR 19 turn motor cranked to 36 degrees... I know Ted Flack had one that pretty consistantly would go over 100 on Mel's Fantom.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:27 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

A real problem if ROAR approves this motor is that Reedy is the one who introduced this quad magnet technology into the current RC world and at the time ROAR told them they didn't want it in the Stock motor class and introduced the two magnet rule. Now Trinity comes out with a quad magnet stock type motor that is not ROAR leagal. If ROAR approves this motor it would be giving Trinity the advantage and profit gains for using Reedy's technology. It just doesn't seem very fair or ethical.
underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:03 PM   #28
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by underdog
A real problem if ROAR approves this motor is that Reedy is the one who introduced this quad magnet technology into the current RC world and at the time ROAR told them they didn't want it in the Stock motor class and introduced the two magnet rule. Now Trinity comes out with a quad magnet stock type motor that is not ROAR leagal. If ROAR approves this motor it would be giving Trinity the advantage and profit gains for using Reedy's technology. It just doesn't seem very fair or ethical.
IF ROAR granted approval for a quad mag stock motor for manufacturer A, what would make you think that manufacturer B could not get the same approval? They did for both A and B for the mod class.

Regardless of stock or mod application - there has to be a first to market. And irrespective of performance or value, the rules have to be tested.

I cant help but think that ROAR Rules only govern those that run at ROAR events. Such a small universe of r/c owners.
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:18 PM   #29
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Quote:
Originally posted by underdog
If ROAR approves this motor it would be giving Trinity the advantage and profit gains for using Reedy's technology. It just doesn't seem very fair or ethical.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 06:20 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by MDawson

Regardless of stock or mod application - there has to be a first to market. And irrespective of performance or value, the rules have to be tested.
Reedy was first to market and they were told, not in a stocker. That's the first real argument I've seen against approving it. If at this time ROAR does approve 4 mags in a stock I hope Reedy sues the living ____ out of ROAR.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote