Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ah, are Sorex the king of TC asphalt tires? What sort of things do I look for in a set of slicks for asphalt?

I'm a total newb with on-road tires... I can tell you about off-road tires all day, but couldn't tell you the difference with the various touring slicks I see out there...
Old 12-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

With the competition slicks like the Sorex/Sweep/Jaco Rubberz you need to use the correct compound for the track temp to get the optimal performance from them, I think the best all round compound to go for is 32 with a 28 for when it gets colder (Autumn/Winter) and possibly a 36 when Summer is at it's hottest. Yes Sorex is the King of Rubber Racing
Old 12-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
gashuffer is asking for less than that, and his TA05v2 is worthy of having the prefix "TRF."

I finally installed the Kimbrough servo saver into this little beast. The Kimbrough servo saver feels 1000000000000% better than the Tamiya one...

It's very protective of the drivetrain, and it has excellent memory of returning to the original location (very crucial at high speeds down the straight)...

One thing though, the middle upper hole is very close to the edge once you bore out the hole to 2.3-2.4mm, mine started to develop a small crack right above the ball stud. I gooped it with some CA over it, hope it'll hold...

Can't wait to get this bad boy back on the track. Last time, it was no fun having to adjust the steering trim every few laps, and then having to remove the servo to recenter the servo horn every battery pack...

Hopefully, this is the cure...

Just curious, what rubbers are you guys using for asphalt? The rubber of choice at my local track seems to be a tire called Sorex? I'm still using the kit tires and it seems to be ok...

I debated between the kimbrough or the high-torque Tamiya. I went with the Tamiya one. I'm hoping my Futaba S9452 (digital, metal gears, high torque) will have enough power and not give me any problems.

According to the Description:
This is the S9452 Digital Hi-Speed, Hi-Torque Servo for many applications,
especially, On-Road Touring Car Use.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Well, my main problem with the stock Tamiya was that for some reason, the servo saver was skipping. It would be offset from the original location after a slight hit. I couldn't explain it, since the servo saver was bolted down all the way...

I'm hoping that the Kimbrough one wouldn't do the same. Odd thing is, I use the kitted Tamiya one in my DF-03 off road buggy, which takes a lot more harder hits than the TA05v2 being off-road, and it has never shifted...
Old 12-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pingers
I debated between the kimbrough or the high-torque Tamiya. I went with the Tamiya one. I'm hoping my Futaba S9452 (digital, metal gears, high torque) will have enough power and not give me any problems.

According to the Description:
This is the S9452 Digital Hi-Speed, Hi-Torque Servo for many applications,
especially, On-Road Touring Car Use.
Try a Kimbrough they are 3 bucks you won't use any other.
" Daddy says I kiss the best "
Old 12-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Cool, how come you're getting rid of your TA05v2? Are you trying to concentrate more on Rallying?
Old 12-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ran my ver.2 in my local 'Year end Showcase EP drift race' and manage to come in 3rd B-Main. Tried so hard to qualify 4 heats on the 19th december and on that evening just realise i been racing on a busted bearing-ed motor for the past 2 months (no wonder my motor sound so loud). Got to change my motor for just the last qualifying on sunday but still couldnt get through to A-Main. Overall 11th place out of 37 competitors in the finals. Hope you guys enjoy the pic.

Pics of all participants EP 1/10 Drift, Buggy & M-chassis

Ver2 (Green Chaser) in action against HB Cyclone-S

Ver2 in qualifying Group C

Prize presentation- B-main final 3rd place

My Team-Mates - DB Drifters (B-Main 5th, C-main 1st, A-main 4th , B-main 3rd)

Old 12-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Cool, how come you're getting rid of your TA05v2? Are you trying to concentrate more on Rallying?
416X I wish they're was rally races. I would be stoked, but for now I just trail ride.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wanna ask some of you who are using the stabiliser bars on V2. Dont know if i'm the only one experiencing this problem but is the plastic part holding the bar (that is attached on your front lower arm) rubbing against your shaft or universal? Mine is and i wonder if thats normal
Old 12-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Akudou
Just wanna ask some of you who are using the stabiliser bars on V2. Dont know if i'm the only one experiencing this problem but is the plastic part holding the bar (that is attached on your front lower arm) rubbing against your shaft or universal? Mine is and i wonder if thats normal
Mine does ever so slightly. I don't think it's causing enough friction to do damage, but maybe there is a remedy for this I don't know about.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

All you need to do is file the round edge which faces the drive shaft flat and it will create more than enough clearance between the drive shaft and the sway bar connector.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help finding the rigth gearing

Hi, I need help finding the right gears for my car.
I will be racing with a Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System 10.5 with NiMh batteries in an asphalt parking lot, the area of the track is arround 195ft x 95 ft., I don't know the actual lenght.

Any recomendation on tires?

I have never race a touring car, so I don't even know where to start.

Thanks

F.G.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fgranados75
Hi, I need help finding the right gears for my car.
I will be racing with a Novak Havoc Spec Brushless System 10.5 with NiMh batteries in an asphalt parking lot, the area of the track is arround 195ft x 95 ft., I don't know the actual lenght.

Any recomendation on tires?

I have never race a touring car, so I don't even know where to start.

Thanks

F.G.
7,22FD
Old 12-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any idea when the carbon fiber chassis for V2 will be out? or there will be none?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mezan
any idea when the carbon fiber chassis for V2 will be out? or there will be none?
I'm not a huge fan of the CF chassis for the TA05, it might be heavier. But I really like my tub!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.