Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Old 07-19-2009, 01:59 AM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi! I am running on this kit. I wonder which esc(brush/brushless) is suitable for this kit? Thks! Any comment!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bl4
Hi! I am running on this kit. I wonder which esc(brush/brushless) is suitable for this kit? Thks! Any comment!
yeah, I wonder also if the LRP SPX will fit on this car, the ESC location seems tight.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

So where are you guys finding v2 kits?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 AM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluesxman
So where are you guys finding v2 kits?
I got it from Singapore.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Towerhobbies have limited stock. Got mine from there. Also check for coupon code. Should be able to get at least $30 off.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jarrydtan
@Skitee, @Grizzbob

I would like to know what suspension arm and dogbone length the TA-05 V2 is using. Is it the reversible suspension arm with 48mm dogbone or short reversible suspension arm with 46mm dogbone (not sure if tamiya sells this)?

Thanks and cheers,
Jarryd
It's the short reversible arms with 46mm dogbones(& the ver2 kit's arms are the softer plastic too, not the carbon parts, so they should hold up well to the abuse, if I like 'em enough, I might just get more for my 416). And @ SKYFLAKES, I'm not 100% sure yet what ESC's will fit, but I use Novak GTB's, & when I get to that step I will be trying one in it, so I'd think if it fits, then most ESC's should, & I'll let you know once I get to that step.....
Old 07-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rabosi
Towerhobbies have limited stock. Got mine from there. Also check for coupon code. Should be able to get at least $30 off.
Yup, that's how I got mine...
Old 07-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
It's the short reversible arms with 46mm dogbones(& the ver2 kit's arms are the softer plastic too, not the carbon parts, so they should hold up well to the abuse, if I like 'em enough, I might just get more for my 416). And @ SKYFLAKES, I'm not 100% sure yet what ESC's will fit, but I use Novak GTB's, & when I get to that step I will be trying one in it, so I'd think if it fits, then most ESC's should, & I'll let you know once I get to that step.....
Ahh. That explains the difference in the part number between ta-05 ifs and v.2. Thanks a bunch for the info.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

I've been spending a lot of time considering what to buy, to get into RCGT - and this is the chassis I pulled the trigger on. Tower Hobbies - and $30 off with a coupon code, can't beat that.

Can some of the experienced guys here chime in on what spares I should pick up and have handy? I've been mostly an off-road guy so I don't expect it'll be the same stuff

Last edited by kdeselms; 07-20-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum and a real tamiya fan/driver. My cars are Stadium Blitzer, GTR35 on a TT01E chassis, and used to have a frog. And now its time for a new Tamiya car. I'm looking for the Ta05v2 or the TB03. I'm not sure yet. But on the TB03 thread I'm reading a lot of positive things about the TB03. I want to race in the GT2 class next year.

So my question is did anyone drive the new V2 yet?

Thanx

JD
Old 07-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

im still waiting also, I cant decide yet between the TB03 and this TA05 ver 2. hopefully someone can give a feedback of the ver 2 soon.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kdeselms
I've been spending a lot of time considering what to buy, to get into RCGT - and this is the chassis I pulled the trigger on. Tower Hobbies - and $30 off with a coupon code, can't beat that.

Can some of the experienced guys here chime in on what spares I should pick up and have handy? I've been mostly an off-road guy so I don't expect it'll be the same stuff
I can't speak on certain parts(like the suspension arms, these are new, same design as the ones from the 416 but they're made of the softer more flexible plastic, so I don't know what difference it'll make in their durability), but I would suggest keeping some extra C-Hubs(caster blocks) & front uprights, & maybe some extra kingpins(when you lose an upright, many times the kingpins will disappear too), but that might be about it. And for JD & SKYFLAKES, I should learn a little this coming weekend, I think the car's on schedule & I've already decided I've had enough offroading for now, so I should have it ready to run by Saturday & will take her for a few test runs....
Old 07-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I can't speak on certain parts(like the suspension arms, these are new, same design as the ones from the 416 but they're made of the softer more flexible plastic, so I don't know what difference it'll make in their durability), but I would suggest keeping some extra C-Hubs(caster blocks) & front uprights, & maybe some extra kingpins(when you lose an upright, many times the kingpins will disappear too), but that might be about it. And for JD & SKYFLAKES, I should learn a little this coming weekend, I think the car's on schedule & I've already decided I've had enough offroading for now, so I should have it ready to run by Saturday & will take her for a few test runs....
Thanx Grizzbob, can't wait to read what you have to say about the V2! . Are you using a brushed or brushless motor for the V2? And dont forget to have fun, coming saturday driving the car

JD
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

New Suspension mount
Attached Thumbnails TA-05 ver.2-ta-54171.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-ta-54172.jpg  
Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JD Skyline
Thanx Grizzbob, can't wait to read what you have to say about the V2! . Are you using a brushed or brushless motor for the V2? And dont forget to have fun, coming saturday driving the car

JD
Brushless, definitely. Since my goal for this car is the GT2 class in Tamiya's TCS events, I'll likely stick to 17.5 motors in it, though I may also try a 21.5 & run it in the Vintage Trans Am class if possible(in other words, if we have a class this winter, we never really know what the guys will want to run).....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.