Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
For VTA I calculated 24 different FDR's that equal 3.5. I just don't know what spur gear to use.

The highest spur I've done is 93 with a pinion of 54. I didn't want to go much high because I don't know what's too big for 64 pitch gears. I also noted that 70/41 is exactly 3.5 if that makes any difference..

I've done every spur tooth count inbetween 69 to 93.

Does anyone have an opinion on what spur gear would work best? Even if it's higher than 93.
82 puts in a good range, probably anything in the 80s.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikeXray
82 puts in a good range, probably anything in the 80s.
Thank you!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
with a 3racing chassis, maybe??
I looked it up and your right, it is a 3 Racing chassis.
It's also got the aluminum suspension mounts on the front as well.

Well I just direct soldered my Novak 17.5 Ballistic into my GTB speed control today. Not the best solder job but it will do. I made sure I had a good solder joint by trying to pull the end off sure enough I lifted the whole chassis up...
So I dont believe they will come off....

Old 06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I have a Genuine Alu Motor mount for this TA05v2 with 2 belts and misc parts.

If any one wants to buy since that thing is crazy expensive.

And I have a 17.5 Short can motor that makes the TA05 crazy Balanced for racing. It keeps the weight in the middle of the car, instead hanging it out to the side and making balancing it harder.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...otor-ta05.html
Old 06-10-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I've bought me the Corolla Axio apr GT #58448 kit. Most of the drivers of our local club here uses the RIDE 32R Pre-glued, ETS Spec Tire.

But I can't find what offset these rims have. The kit rims have +2 offset. Do I need some spacers to get the tires on or are they ok as they are?

Kind regards
Oortael
Old 06-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

you need to use spacers, as the ride 32r are 0 offset compared to the tamiya wheels which are +2 offset, these are the same tires I am running on my ta06 pro
Old 06-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zaraz
you need to use spacers, as the ride 32r are 0 offset compared to the tamiya wheels which are +2 offset, these are the same tires I am running on my ta06 pro
Thank you!

But what is the part no. of the spacers/wheel washer which does include the +2 offset? There are so many washer sizes that I'm not sure which one to take...
Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't think you *need* to use spacers unless the inside of the rim is touching (or really close so will touch during racing) the top turnbuckle ball cup on the front.

I run +0 offset rims on my TA05v2 and it handles great with no issues.

I thought that any kind of offset rims weren't really used in racing, and the +2 tamiya rims that come with the kit are mainly for show and suited to the tamiya bodies?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

A couple more questions..

1. Will be upgrading to a savox steering servo and just curious if there are any ways NOT to need to grind down the tab when installing? I would like to use it in other cars if possible..

2. How do I properly clean, re-build, and prep a ball diff for racing? Any tips on how to clean it? What cleaners/greases to use?

I've never cleaned or re-built it and when I built it the first time I never held on wheel while throttling or any kind of stuff like that. How do I know if it's built good?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
A couple more questions..

1. Will be upgrading to a savox steering servo and just curious if there are any ways NOT to need to grind down the tab when installing? I would like to use it in other cars if possible..

2. How do I properly clean, re-build, and prep a ball diff for racing? Any tips on how to clean it? What cleaners/greases to use?

I've never cleaned or re-built it and when I built it the first time I never held on wheel while throttling or any kind of stuff like that. How do I know if it's built good?
1. Not that I know of, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, I use my servos in a number of different cars(including offroad), & I haven't had any problems with my servos despite being missing half a tab.

2. And for this, I suggest you check these videos out( http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/media/trf-videos ), they're all very good, & thesecond one with Jilles Groskamp specifically covers rebuilding diffs. I do all my diffs that way, & it works beautifully.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
1. Not that I know of, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, I use my servos in a number of different cars(including offroad), & I haven't had any problems with my servos despite being missing half a tab.

2. And for this, I suggest you check these videos out( http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/media/trf-videos ), they're all very good, & thesecond one with Jilles Groskamp specifically covers rebuilding diffs. I do all my diffs that way, & it works beautifully.

Thank you!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

One question I have dogbones in my car. But I also have a LCD kit.
What would be the difference if I changed them?
I dont have CVD's just LCD's. Maybe I could just install them in the front,
and leave the rears alone...
Old 06-16-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

what is a good start for gearing of an Corally Red 17.5T motor with the 70 48dp spur which was supplied with the kit.

The track I race has many hairpin bends and long straigths.

Regards
Oortael

Edit:

I have another question, too.

I messured following weights on each tire with 4 small scales:

rear left: 435g
rear rigth: 224g
front left: 381g
front rigth: 239g

IMHO it would be best to have the left and the rigth hand side of the car balanced at the same weight.

Could the car be tweaked somewhere?

What are the best ways to balance the weight of the car? What relation (front to left) is common?

regards
Oortael

Last edited by Oortael; 06-16-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey guys, I rebuilt my front diff today and I think I did something goofy when I put it back together. On the passenger side front (for lack of a better term) there isn't enough room to fit the dogbone back in once reassembled, and on the front drivers side, there is way too much room for the dogbone...and it slips out. I think I just have to flip the diff over to the other side inside the front gearbox right?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
Hey guys, I rebuilt my front diff today and I think I did something goofy when I put it back together. On the passenger side front (for lack of a better term) there isn't enough room to fit the dogbone back in once reassembled, and on the front drivers side, there is way too much room for the dogbone...and it slips out. I think I just have to flip the diff over to the other side inside the front gearbox right?
Yeah, you have to flip it. I don't remember exactly what point, but in the manual it shows an arrow that's easy to miss in one of the steps during the diff build.

I made the same mistake when I built mine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.