Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Skitee, thanks for the explanation. I guess taking away droop on rear would help lessen a car leaning forward when slowing down, since to do that, the rear arms will have to travel downwards (and the fronts traveling upwards)?

Pingers,

Oooooooooooooooh, your TA05-IFS is a beauty...

Those bulkheads, are they the 3Racing bulkheads? The Tamiya ones comes in multiple pieces, but if I remember, the 3Racing bulkhead has the ball stud mounting holes integrated into a single (well, half) unit?

That's what I bought, the Tamiya ones were bling bling, I was trying to keep my tab from rcmart as light as possible (but utterly failed at the end, rcmart is just evil! There's waaaaaaaaaay too many things I want! ).

I bought the 3Racing IFS bulkhead for the front, and the regular TA05 bulkheads for the rear...

The TA05v2 is nearly the same as the -IFS, it's just an "IFS Slim" is what I'm calling my v2.

Glad you've made this your home! I've been squatting here before I even bought my kit!
Old 12-23-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Thats not an IFS-r, thats an IFS, the difference is that the pulleys, diff pulleys are the WE type, not what you got, and white belts, not the black ones you got.
No it's not the IFS. It's the TA05-R converted to TA05-IFSR. I have the original box & manual at home.

The TA05-R came with the 53935 TA05 Wide Pitch Diff Pulley and the 53897 TA05 Aramid Drive Belts (Blue).

I replaced both belts which is why they aren't blue. Hope that clears it up for you.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Skitee, thanks for the explanation. I guess taking away droop on rear would help lessen a car leaning forward when slowing down, since to do that, the rear arms will have to travel downwards (and the fronts traveling upwards)?

Pingers,

Oooooooooooooooh, your TA05-IFS is a beauty...

Those bulkheads, are they the 3Racing bulkheads? The Tamiya ones comes in multiple pieces, but if I remember, the 3Racing bulkhead has the ball stud mounting holes integrated into a single (well, half) unit?

That's what I bought, the Tamiya ones were bling bling, I was trying to keep my tab from rcmart as light as possible (but utterly failed at the end, rcmart is just evil! There's waaaaaaaaaay too many things I want! ).

I bought the 3Racing IFS bulkhead for the front, and the regular TA05 bulkheads for the rear...

The TA05v2 is nearly the same as the -IFS, it's just an "IFS Slim" is what I'm calling my v2.

Glad you've made this your home! I've been squatting here before I even bought my kit!
I'm pretty sure everything is Tamiya. Though I can't take credit for the bulkheads, they were purchased before I owned the car.

Thanks for the compliment! I absolutely love how these cars look.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a very nice car though. Worth investing in the Big pulleys though, less belt skip.

I am at a quandry now though, do I buy a V2, or keep with my 3Racing chassis's IFS-r, I just don't know!!
Old 12-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

a very nice car though. Worth investing in the Big pulleys though, less belt skip.

I am at a quandry now though, do I buy a V2, or keep with my 3Racing chassis's IFS-r, I just don't know!!
Gashuffer is selling his SUPER DUPER hopped up V2 in the F/S section. It is a bang up deal, TRF shocks and Tamiya blue everywhere...

His TA05v2 should be called a TRF TA05v2...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...oaded-new.html
Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Do you think I'll have belt skip problems in the 17.5 class? I was debating upgrading the pulleys too.

Definitely check out Gashuffer car, It's a bute Clark! <--National Lampoons
Old 12-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Could never get on with the bellcrank front suspension, so converted mine to upright shocks, but that is a very nice car (no CVD's??)
Old 12-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pingers
Do you think I'll have belt skip problems in the 17.5 class? I was debating upgrading the pulleys too.

Unless you set the belts super loose you shouldn't have any issues with the belt skipping in 17.5
Old 12-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pingers

Wagon Queen Family Truckster!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Wagon Queen Family Truckster!
"Where is my Artic Blue Sports Car with the Rally Package??? ....You mean you didn't order the Metallic Pea?"

So whose great idea at Tamiya was it to cut notches out of the servo to make it fit. I cut the plastic with a nail clippers the scissors wasn't doing it.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

I wonder if slotting the chassis so that the servo ear can slide through will have any adverse effects ? Although it may cause problems if you intend running TCS events
Old 12-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skitee
I wonder if slotting the chassis so that the servo ear can slide through will have any adverse effects ? Although it may cause problems if you intend running TCS events
Yeah that's why I just did the servo. If I ever sell the car, the servo would be included.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

I see that Tower Hobbies is listing the Tamiya 1/10 TA05 Ver.II Chassis Kit w/Upgrade Pack for a jaw dropping $349.99.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYVR7&P=7
Old 12-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

gashuffer is asking for less than that, and his TA05v2 is worthy of having the prefix "TRF."

I finally installed the Kimbrough servo saver into this little beast. The Kimbrough servo saver feels 1000000000000% better than the Tamiya one...

It's very protective of the drivetrain, and it has excellent memory of returning to the original location (very crucial at high speeds down the straight)...

One thing though, the middle upper hole is very close to the edge once you bore out the hole to 2.3-2.4mm, mine started to develop a small crack right above the ball stud. I gooped it with some CA over it, hope it'll hold...

Can't wait to get this bad boy back on the track. Last time, it was no fun having to adjust the steering trim every few laps, and then having to remove the servo to recenter the servo horn every battery pack...

Hopefully, this is the cure...

Just curious, what rubbers are you guys using for asphalt? The rubber of choice at my local track seems to be a tire called Sorex? I'm still using the kit tires and it seems to be ok...
Old 12-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Addict

When I run at TCS events then obviously we need to run Tamiya rubber in which case I mostly run Tamiya Type B3's unless it's cold and then I'll run Tamiya Type A's. If it's club or regional/national events then I'll run Sorex rubber. The new Sweep Racing "EXP" compound rubber is nice too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.