Like Tree1Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Reply

Old 10-05-2009, 02:28 AM
  #241  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 38
Default balancing question

i've a TA05V.2, i'll running lipo but i noticed that with my 2S 4200 lipo hardcase the car wander to the left on full thortle.
i check the weight on each side and come up with:
right
lipo pack= 225g
left
BL motor= 175g
esc sensored= 78g
Rx= 15g
servo= 70g

so the difference= 108g, with Nimh= 365g it's only 35g heavier on the right side and i dont have this problem.

so how many weight must i put to balance coz the car itself is already heavy weight at 1453 with lipo.. i cannot balance by electronic placement coz its very limited space.
Can i fix the problem with different preload left-right? which side need more preload then?? what the plus-minus?
QDriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:09 AM
  #242  
bl4
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 486
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi has anyone try this setting Alum suspension mount 1B #54070 for the front?
bl4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:20 AM
  #243  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

I have set my Ver.II up with a C-C front end and it has really good turn in.
Skitee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:51 AM
  #244  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bl4 View Post
Pls help! Everytime I enter a corner the car rear since to keep on spining out. What may cause this? Thks!
loosen your rear diff a bit, maybe it's too tight. Front diff should be a little tad tighter than your rear. also ck your spring rates.
cheehtae is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:35 AM
  #245  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hi,

I have a TA05R, and am wondering what parts do i need to get it to a verII?

Thanks in advance
Arahawak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:18 AM
  #246  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

This is what you'll need to do a conversion from an IFS-R to a Ver.II

1 x 54095 - TB-03 Racing Steering Set
2 x 53851 - Titanium Coated 46mm Suspension Shaft
1 x 51253 - TB Evolution 5 "B" Parts
1 x 10115525 - TA-05 Ver.II "K" Parts
1 x 10115527 - TA-05 Ver.II "M" Parts
1 x 19115256 - TA-05 Ver.II Chassis
1 x 15405048 - TA-05 Ver.II Motor Mount
1 x 13454456 - TA-05 Ver.II Center Shaft
1 x 13454445 - TA-05 Ver.II Spur Gear Holder
1 x 54174 - TA-05 Ver.II SeperateSuspension Mounts (1C/1XC)
1 x 54172 - TA-05 Ver.II SeperateSuspension Mounts (1A/1XA)

If you want to complete the Ver.II conversion fully from a standard IFS then you'll need these parts too. It may actually be more cost effective to buy the Ver.II kit.

1 x 51092 - 46mm Swing Shaft
1 x 53742 - 46mm Swing Shaft - Lightweight
2 x 54076 - TB-03 Wheel Axles
2 x 53988 - TRF501X Ball Differential Pulley
2 x 51287 - Large Ball Diff Plate
1 x 53989 - TRF501X Center Pulley
2 x 54170 - TA-05 Ver.II Low Friction Drive Blet
2 x 53928 - Short Reversible Suspension Arm
1 x 54031 - TA05-IFS Carbon Reinforced F Parts - H Carrier (4deg)
1 x 51332 - TRF416 Front Upright
1 x 51333 - TRF416 Rear Upright
8 x 1050 bearings
Skitee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:40 AM
  #247  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
This is what you'll need to do a conversion from an IFS-R to a Ver.II

1 x 54095 - TB-03 Racing Steering Set
2 x 53851 - Titanium Coated 46mm Suspension Shaft
1 x 51253 - TB Evolution 5 "B" Parts
1 x 10115525 - TA-05 Ver.II "K" Parts
1 x 10115527 - TA-05 Ver.II "M" Parts
1 x 19115256 - TA-05 Ver.II Chassis
1 x 15405048 - TA-05 Ver.II Motor Mount
1 x 13454456 - TA-05 Ver.II Center Shaft
1 x 13454445 - TA-05 Ver.II Spur Gear Holder
1 x 54174 - TA-05 Ver.II SeperateSuspension Mounts (1C/1XC)
1 x 54172 - TA-05 Ver.II SeperateSuspension Mounts (1A/1XA)

If you want to complete the Ver.II conversion fully from a standard IFS then you'll need these parts too. It may actually be more cost effective to buy the Ver.II kit.

1 x 51092 - 46mm Swing Shaft
1 x 53742 - 46mm Swing Shaft - Lightweight
2 x 54076 - TB-03 Wheel Axles
2 x 53988 - TRF501X Ball Differential Pulley
2 x 51287 - Large Ball Diff Plate
1 x 53989 - TRF501X Center Pulley
2 x 54170 - TA-05 Ver.II Low Friction Drive Blet
2 x 53928 - Short Reversible Suspension Arm
1 x 54031 - TA05-IFS Carbon Reinforced F Parts - H Carrier (4deg)
1 x 51332 - TRF416 Front Upright
1 x 51333 - TRF416 Rear Upright
8 x 1050 bearings
Thanks. But I dun have a IFS-R. I have a TA05-R. I was comparing the parts list but I am not getting it.
Arahawak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 AM
  #248  
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

It will be the same as converting a standard IFS, so you're going to need the parts from both lists to convert your TA05 R into a Ver.II
Skitee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:21 AM
  #249  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,447
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
It will be the same as converting a standard IFS, so you're going to need the parts from both lists to convert your TA05 R into a Ver.II
I see. Thank you very much then.

Sorry EP Newbie.
Arahawak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 AM
  #250  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ran my verII on a small cement track for drift and after 3 days, the 20T pinion starts to strip. Replaced it and it happen again, only last me 3 days. Am running the original spur on a 9t brushless, I didnt set the pinion too tight or too loose. Any comment?

Last edited by Akudou; 10-08-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Akudou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:07 PM
  #251  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
zangonli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ta05 differential

Did this spare part fall through the cracks somewhere - I have searched for a ta05 differential but nothing found on the web! I see ta03 and ta04 differentials

What I really need are the thrust bearings from a US distributor. Anyone? I guess the ta05 isn't a very popular chassis in the US
zangonli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:10 AM
  #252  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,768
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zangonli View Post
Did this spare part fall through the cracks somewhere - I have searched for a ta05 differential but nothing found on the web! I see ta03 and ta04 differentials

What I really need are the thrust bearings from a US distributor. Anyone? I guess the ta05 isn't a very popular chassis in the US
49300 - Ball Thrust Bearing

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=246&id=1574

http://www.ampdraw.com/product/3050/...ust-Bearing-(2)
slakr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 AM
  #253  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
RandomFellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Plymouth, MI
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zangonli View Post
Did this spare part fall through the cracks somewhere - I have searched for a ta05 differential but nothing found on the web! I see ta03 and ta04 differentials

What I really need are the thrust bearings from a US distributor. Anyone? I guess the ta05 isn't a very popular chassis in the US
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=9949300
RandomFellow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:31 PM
  #254  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
zangonli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the links!

Farzad
zangonli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:00 AM
  #255  
bl4
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 486
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
I have set my Ver.II up with a C-C front end and it has really good turn in.
Hi your C-C isit #54174(1C-1XC) and #54071(1C)? Thks!
bl4 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service