R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Best sensorless ESC (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/291517-best-sensorless-esc.html)

mac853 04-21-2009 05:57 AM

Best sensorless ESC

Could anybody suggest me if i want just run sensorless motor then which esc in the market is better perform:

-The sensorless "standalone" types

Hobbywing eZrun 60A
YR brainpower 60A
Orion Vortex sensorless 100A
Orca Vritra
Losi Xcelorin sensorless

-or the sensored/sensorless "all-in-one" types

Hobbywing eXrun 120A
Tekin RS PRO
SP GT2.0 PRO

Best regards

lutach 04-21-2009 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by mac853 (Post 5712013)
Could anybody suggest me if i want just run sensorless motor then which esc in the market is better perform:

-The sensorless "standalone" types

Hobbywing eZrun 60A
YR brainpower 35A
Orion Vortex sensorless 100A
Orca Vritra
Losi Xcelorin sensorless

-or the sensored/sensorless "all-in-one" types

Hobbywing eXrun 120A
Tekin RS PRO
SP GT2.0 PRO

Best regards

The Hobbywing makes the YR, but if the 60A is cheaper go with that. The Orion and Losi seems to be similar, but the Orion I think comes with a better handheld programmer (Not 100% sure). I haven't heard much from Orca, the website has been under construction for a while now.

The same here, Hobbywing makes the SP and I would spend more money on the SP. The RS Pro is very good (I have one), very adjustable with the Hotlink and would love to see a handheld programmer for it to make some if not all the setting easy to change without the need to have a PC/laptop.

steveonamission 04-21-2009 06:32 AM

None of them

GM 120 baby:D

mac853 04-21-2009 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by lutach (Post 5712105)
The Hobbywing makes the YR, but if the 60A is cheaper go with that. The Orion and Losi seems to be similar, but the Orion I think comes with a better handheld programmer (Not 100% sure). I haven't heard much from Orca, the website has been under construction for a while now.

The same here, Hobbywing makes the SP and I would spend more money on the SP. The RS Pro is very good (I have one), very adjustable with the Hotlink and would love to see a handheld programmer for it to make some if not all the setting easy to change without the need to have a PC/laptop.

Not just depended the price, if the case is relationated with the combos, i like more Team Powers motors with the ventilation holes which is joined with Hobbywing ESC, instead of those YR motors which is totally covered.

But my question is if the All-in-one like Tekin could be better than the standalone ones?

Thanks for your concern!

Originally Posted by steveonamission (Post 5712113)
None of them

:eek:Oh, i forgot this brand, thanks to remember me!

mikky32 04-21-2009 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by steveonamission (Post 5712113)
None of them

I have seen it drive sensorless.
Hath problems driving away but after that it runs good.

Notist that all the sensorless have some problems with that.
So i don't like sensorless.

mac853 04-21-2009 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by mikky32 (Post 5712618)
I have seen it drive sensorless.
Hath problems driving away but after that it runs good.

Notist that all the sensorless have some problems with that.
So i don't like sensorless.

You mean "hatch"?
Some people tell me the sensorless could be not so driveable as sensored but the Hobbywing and YR esc are totally upgraded to be acceptable driving if comparing older ones of other brands(as they said, without any prove).
But we are running 3000KV class, instead of sensorless i couldn't find anyone faster.

Ricky/C 04-21-2009 09:37 AM

LRP SXX / Nosram Pearl / SP GT v2.0 / Tekin RS PRO

All the best... You wont regret buying anyone of these

mac853 04-21-2009 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ricky/C (Post 5712864)
LRP SXX / Nosram Pearl / SP GT v2.0 / Tekin RS PRO

All the best... You wont regret buying anyone of these

:sweat:LRP? Nosram?
:weird:They support sensorless?
Are you sure?:sweat:

lutach 04-21-2009 01:28 PM

Your best bet would be the Tekin RS Pro or the Hobbywing Xerun 120. Both can run sensored or sensorless, they can be programmed with a PC, but the Hobbywing can be programmed with the handheld programmer. I would've loved to offer you my own sensored/sensorless ESC, but they're not ready yet as I'm waiting for a new ESC for 8th scale to be developed.

Ricky/C 04-21-2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by mac853 (Post 5713319)
:sweat:LRP? Nosram?
:weird:They support sensorless?
Are you sure?:sweat:

Oh snap. Sorry I wasn't thinking hey. In that case, the RS pro and Xerun 120 is right :blush:

RC MARKET 04-21-2009 01:54 PM

Tekin RS Pro 120A
or
Quark Plasma PRO 2 120A

mac853 04-21-2009 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by RC MARKET (Post 5713737)
Tekin RS Pro 120A
or
Quark Plasma PRO 2 120A

Wait i don't understand, in fact i never touch a sensorless before, if i just run 3000kv sensorless, not just buy 1 "standalone"(EG: HOBBYWING 60A) which i believe is faster than buy an "all-in-one", isn't it?

Or maybe Plasma or RS PRO has really better behaviour and performance?

In fact this Plasma is very sharp!:nod:

Tpg racer 04-21-2009 03:09 PM

ORCA Vritra is quite popular in Malaysia... try checking out the Malaysian thread and find the ORCA thread there...:nod:

mikky32 04-21-2009 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by mac853 (Post 5713901)
Wait i don't understand, in fact i never touch a sensorless before, if i just run 3000kv sensorless, not just buy 1 "standalone"(EG: HOBBYWING 60A) which i believe is faster than buy an "all-in-one", isn't it?

Or maybe Plasma or RS PRO has really better behaviour and performance?

In fact this Plasma is very sharp!:nod:

The rs pro is sensorless the same as the R1 series.
And that one must be very good.

mac853 04-21-2009 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tpg racer (Post 5714040)
ORCA Vritra is quite popular in Malaysia... try checking out the Malaysian thread and find the ORCA thread there...:nod:

Yeah, i believe it's good, just the shape is attractive, unfortunately i don't find where could i find it.

Originally Posted by mikky32 (Post 5714046)
The rs pro is sensorless the same as the R1 series.
And that one must be very good.

Yes, i know it, but i am doubt if is competitive comparing with Hobbywing and YR 60A, which is so well running with slow sensorless motors .

Let me tell you something, the winner of last 3000kv race could make laps/times better than the 4th place of 4000kv race, then he used these 60A.
Of course i don't wish use the same thing, i really want to try other thing rather than the kind of the winner used, which should be better, that's is what i am looking for.
For example, until now i just purchased a Cyclone S, rather than the winner and other people are using a full modified TB03D.