Best sensorless ESC

Reply

Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 PM
  #16  
Team Tekin
 
Tekin Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,061
Default

If you are only looking for sensorless and only a 3000kv motor you can also consider the R1 or R1pro. Lower price point than the RS speedos with all the same features, power handling and same small size.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:44 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,834
Lightbulb

Well after the opinions and judgement, there is a selection(not order with preference):

Orca Vritra
Quark Plasma PRO 2 120A
Tekin R1 PRO
Tekin RS PRO

Remaining to know where could i buy them.
mac853 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 AM
  #18  
MSB
Tech Adept
 
MSB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Europe
Posts: 191
Default

After doing two seasons, EC included, with ONE GM 95 without fan (I even burned my finger at the end of a run on the esc), I only use GM Genius ESCs.
LRP/Nosram could last two races and take 8 months to repair with a "nice" warranty bill.
MSB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:15 AM
  #19  
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

I would also go for the gm genius 120. And after watching a season of brca nationals and not seeing chris graingers car cog once off the line i can safely say that if yours is then its your setup that is the problem. And just FYI anything 10.5 or higher shouldnt be run sensorless
John_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:00 AM
  #20  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by John_S View Post
I would also go for the gm genius 120. And after watching a season of brca nationals and not seeing chris graingers car cog once off the line i can safely say that if yours is then its your setup that is the problem. And just FYI anything 10.5 or higher shouldnt be run sensorless
Wait 3000KV is just 13T, i think is not the problem.

About the cogging problem, i hope more guys to tell about any ESC we have told before.

About genius 120, i am doubt it should be a Hobbywing or something from chinese factory.

Even it's motors are from Feigao, isn't it?
mac853 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
  #21  
Tech Addict
 
John_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Scotland
Posts: 724
Default

i doubt very much the gm is a hobbywing as far as i know graupner make all there own speedos because they even have a different sensor port to standard speed controllers. And the setup system built into the speedo is totally different to the hobbywing line. You change mode by moving the transmitter stick rather than using a program box. All the speed controller setting profiles are adjusted via pc and link cable that is provided with the speedo
John_S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
  #22  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,408
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Rc Market have the Quark Plasma Pro 2 now.

Last edited by Yokomo_Ant3; 04-22-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:01 PM
  #23  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
s.nicholson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 672
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quark Plasma Pro 2 is deffinatly the speedy to get now. Awesome power and reliability. I raced quark sensorless at the worlds in Bangkok and finished 16th so it cant be that bad.
s.nicholson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
  #24  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,834
Exclamation

Originally Posted by John_S View Post
i doubt very much the gm is a hobbywing as far as i know graupner make all there own speedos because they even have a different sensor port to standard speed controllers. And the setup system built into the speedo is totally different to the hobbywing line. You change mode by moving the transmitter stick rather than using a program box. All the speed controller setting profiles are adjusted via pc and link cable that is provided with the speedo
Uhm, maybe you are right!
Look, these recent years, specially for BL ESC, mostly of them are made in China, the difference is just the design from different countries brands.
Even is different then make me so confused.
Sometimes the difference are just in the brand name and price then everything are the same

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
Rc Market have the Quark Plasma Pro 2 now.
Originally Posted by s.nicholson View Post
Quark Plasma Pro 2 is deffinatly the speedy to get now. Awesome power and reliability. I raced quark sensorless at the worlds in Bangkok and finished 16th so it cant be that bad.
Well look likes here are somebody which make me the final decision.
Unfortunately, my country is not a PAYPAL "member", instead of this problem i have made so many shopping without restrictions already, this is shame.
mac853 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
  #25  
Tech Master
 
Martin Hofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,083
Default

the Gm Genius 120 is designed and developed by GM-Racing (aka Ralf Helbing)
they have nothing to do with Hobbywing ESCs whatsoever

they are manufactured in Germany, so no China product either

as for the cogging/difference in feeling while driving .... I tried sensorless and sensored back to back somany times ... and there is no difference!

it also starts smoothly of the line ...

There's a GM Brushless thread on here where you can get further information
Martin Hofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 AM
  #26  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

My choise is a Tekin.

Easy way to adjust every thing. also on the pc.

By the Genius you must be an expert to understand how it works.
Even the some team drivers don't now what they do with result that he didn't start at a race because his speedo didn't work.
Sorry but i found that he got what he deserved because he finds him self very good and better than other people.
only because of him i will never buy a GM product.
And i'm not the only one out here.
mikky32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:31 PM
  #27  
MSB
Tech Adept
 
MSB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Europe
Posts: 191
Default

Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
My choise is a Tekin.

Easy way to adjust every thing. also on the pc.

By the Genius you must be an expert to understand how it works.
Even the some team drivers don't now what they do with result that he didn't start at a race because his speedo didn't work.
Sorry but i found that he got what he deserved because he finds him self very good and better than other people.
only because of him i will never buy a GM product.
And i'm not the only one out here.
I don't know who you refer by "got what he deserved because he finds him self very good and better than other people". Could you bee more specific please?
It's not for sure M. Hofer you are talking about. He is been helping everybody with the proper settings of the Genius 120 and accurate tips for better performance in this forum. Also, I met him at the Euros in Spain and he had never refused me an help as Ralf Helbing. Such kind of attention is also important as I had never seen this way of helping by other European brands. I’m not a good driver and I received the same attention as the pros.

Working with the Genius software is really a thing you can never see in other esc because you can change what ever you like instead of one button that gives you only a unique profile. Some setup boxes gives you some changes that are never enough.
MSB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 AM
  #28  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,834
Default

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer View Post
the Gm Genius 120 is designed and developed by GM-Racing (aka Ralf Helbing)
they have nothing to do with Hobbywing ESCs whatsoever

they are manufactured in Germany, so no China product either

as for the cogging/difference in feeling while driving .... I tried sensorless and sensored back to back somany times ... and there is no difference!

it also starts smoothly of the line ...

There's a GM Brushless thread on here where you can get further information
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
My choise is a Tekin.

Easy way to adjust every thing. also on the pc.

By the Genius you must be an expert to understand how it works.
Even the some team drivers don't now what they do with result that he didn't start at a race because his speedo didn't work.
Sorry but i found that he got what he deserved because he finds him self very good and better than other people.
only because of him i will never buy a GM product.
And i'm not the only one out here.
Originally Posted by MSB View Post
I don't know who you refer by "got what he deserved because he finds him self very good and better than other people". Could you bee more specific please?
It's not for sure M. Hofer you are talking about. He is been helping everybody with the proper settings of the Genius 120 and accurate tips for better performance in this forum. Also, I met him at the Euros in Spain and he had never refused me an help as Ralf Helbing. Such kind of attention is also important as I had never seen this way of helping by other European brands. Iím not a good driver and I received the same attention as the pros.

Working with the Genius software is really a thing you can never see in other esc because you can change what ever you like instead of one button that gives you only a unique profile. Some setup boxes gives you some changes that are never enough.
After the Eastern feel from yesterday.
There's a Western feel today.
Thanks!
mac853 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:31 AM
  #29  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (117)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: central kansas
Posts: 2,231
Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)
Default

I've been looking at the Tekin RS Pro ( and will more than likely get one) I like the way you can use a computer or laptop to do your adjustments my only complaint about it is for the price they could include the cable & box with it and not charge a extra 40 or 50.00 for it. to me that would help make a better customer support I think the local hobby shop can get GM's but will have to check he had a couple in the counter for sale years ago but hasn't had any since.
penguineman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 AM
  #30  
Tech Rookie
 
SirPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by s.nicholson View Post
Quark Plasma Pro 2 is deffinatly the speedy to get now. Awesome power and reliability. I raced quark sensorless at the worlds in Bangkok and finished 16th so it cant be that bad.
SImon, what motor did you run at the worlds ?
SirPenguin is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service