Wiki Posts
Search

Best EP Touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 04:47 PM
Que
Tech Adept

Default Best EP Touring car?

Getting started in EP. What is the best touring car. Not a novice i race serpents nitro powered Is the Xray Evo2 a good choice. Is there any better.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Although the designs of cars differ, you really can not go wrong with any high performance TC out there. There are "trends" with some, where the people have to have this one car because it JUST came out, then there are others with which stick with just one company. I would just check out what your local parts suplier has the most parts of, and check what people are running at the local track. Right now, it seemes like the shaft drive cars have taken over, yet belt drive cars are still as competitive.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's the deal... there is no better car. Most designs are good enough to win a race wether you have a 2 year old chassis or something hot off the press. I like the xray cars due to ease of adjustments and the quality of the parts. With the continued parts support and countless upgrades, you'll never be bored with an xray.

Now I am going to get a shaft drive to compliment my xray but that's just my choice and not necessary. To me, shaft or belt doesn't really make a difference because any small advantage one has over another is lost the first time you slam into a board or make a mistake but a lot of it also has to do with feel and personal preferance.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

You will hear different stuff from everyone you talk to. AWOL said it right, get what the local shop carries parts for. I personally am partial to the Yokomo MR4 series. Durable, fast, and I rarely break anything. BUT, the local shop doesn't carry parts, so I have to get them from ebay or speetechrc.com. Just get one that's in your price range and what you can get parts for. I'd pick either Yokomo, TC3, X'-ray, or a TL04. The tamiya's are tanks and super durable.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default tamiya

at least where i am tamaya parts are really really expensive. i'de go for tc3 or x ray. proven design, good cars. good luck.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Can't ever go wrong with a TC3. Its easy to work on, easy to get parts, and even better, easy to go fast with. Its a proven car seeing as how in the US it won every major race last year, and is already off to a good start this year.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:40 PM

but he's in south korea....

yokomo's and tamiya's are pretty good

what ever your track runs the most. you can get buy parts off each other... and get good setups from good drivers!
Old 12-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Isn't there a Korean made TC? If i recall correctly it's shaft drive and it's been out roughly the same time as the TC3. I can't remember the name though. I haven't seen one here in the US but I've seen US magazines do an article on it.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Ahh, I found it. It's the Academy STR-4. I don't know if it's any good but if want to support your local economy....

Old 12-11-2003, 04:37 AM
Que
Tech Adept

Screw the local economy i am staioned here. I am in the USAF and personaly i don't care for Korean cars. They run ok Here against cars of the same manufacturer but i kick there but with my 705. i don't want a TC3 or a Yoko. But i am used to ordering parts from the internet becuase there are very few shops that carry serpent anyway. So i guess i will stay partial to Serpent Xray same company i think any way thanks for the help! and by the way what is a good charger to get for all my electric racing needs!