416 WE made in China

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
They should rename that country Xerox.
They can't. Xerox is copyrighted LOL

Last edited by komkit; 04-24-2009 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Ooops Niznai beat me to it.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

This explains why most of the parts I get overseas are not packed in original Tamiya packaging, sometimes just in plastic with a small sticker with a hand written part #. I won't be surprise if some shops are sourcing the parts from them as well, as its cheaper and sometimes Tamiya can't supply the demand on time to make us all happy.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
This explains why most of the parts I get overseas are not packed in original Tamiya packaging, sometimes just in plastic with a small sticker with a hand written part #. I won't be surprise if some shops are sourcing the parts from them as well, as its cheaper and sometimes Tamiya can't supply the demand on time to make us all happy.
I have often wondered about that, I have bought many Tamiya parts that way.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
This is incorrect, a lot of OS shops realise the extra profit that they can make with a little bit of effort by breaking up full kits into parts sales, especially in the early days when parts are not available for a new kit. Back in 2004 i visited Japan and RC Champ had a wall full of broken down kis for spares, thiswas when the 415 was released and regular parts were hard to get.

think about it, a chassis, diff and spool is pretty much the cost of a full kit. Makes good sense, i tried to talk a local importer in Australia to do this but he was far tooshort sighted to take advantage of it.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by olhipster1
If anyone buys this...SHAME ON YOU...
an obvious copy.....

i hate to even participate in this type of thread but I just can't believe the stealing that occurred with this.

Is there a picture of the box? that would be very interesting in which direction they went...were they bold enough to copy to box also? or did they take the safe route and did something completely different.?
i too feel the same, but on the other hand, Knock off's such as these lower quality but still have the bling of an original kit, do have a MUCH lower initial cost for New comers to on road racing.

so in Theory, Knock offs may help increase on road racing.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Besercoe
This is incorrect, a lot of OS shops realise the extra profit that they can make with a little bit of effort by breaking up full kits into parts sales, especially in the early days when parts are not available for a new kit. Back in 2004 i visited Japan and RC Champ had a wall full of broken down kis for spares, thiswas when the 415 was released and regular parts were hard to get.

think about it, a chassis, diff and spool is pretty much the cost of a full kit. Makes good sense, i tried to talk a local importer in Australia to do this but he was far tooshort sighted to take advantage of it.
I am not sure that would be legal in Australia under retail law. But you're right. On the other hand I don't think any Tamiya parts are made in China (plastics/etc). Yet. They just use very basic packaging to keep costs down. If you look on the parts they have all the trademarks of the original manufacturer moulded into the trees, etc.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If the original parts can be put into this copy kit, it would be good for the original manufacturer since the company that copies tem doesn't seem to offer spare parts. I've heard they make very good money on parts.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for those of you worried sick about copy rights, remember that copy right reduces innovation and progress, and in my opinion (and in that of people much more learned in these things than me) they should be phased out all together. the wright brother had a patent on flying machines in America before the first world war. guess which country had next to no aircraft industry??? America. so the government annulled all flying patents and by the end of the war they had the world premier aircraft industry.

Remember that imitation is the highest form of flattery!

And yeah it is probably junk!!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

hi, no need to argue on copyrights.....

well just to share,..had saw a China 416 yesterday, well 1st look was a wow that exactly like Tamiya 416, after a few touches and look, i notice, the plastic parts are shitty. wobbly.

well i can bet a million bucks its will not deliver sastifaction as we will get on a tamiya 416....

so save enough money to buy a tamiya 416.....

no offence to those who have bought..
Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

no doubt original is always the best .. even tho the price is very expensive
Old 04-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

One thing is the build quality. It really sucks. You can't expect good stuffs at dirt cheap price rite? But then many (not all) people want the best stuffs, perfect performance at bottom rock price.

So such car are design to cater the cheapskates. Good thing is our local Tamiya agent are making money from selling spare parts.

But then some people do see such immitation are good deal. It's much better forking out M'sia RM1900 for a new ori 416. This can be a real OUCH to their finiancials. So basically this is merely demand & supply. That is why some companies are taking the risk producing such.

To a certain group of people. They won't mind swapping parts just like paying installments. Bottomline to get a feel of it having something to cater their rc desire. Enjoy first is better than waiting to save money thus depriving ownself from fun.

In overall it's penny wise pound foolish. But some people won't mind that. They prefer to enjoy first as top priority, pay slowly to make the car into real 416.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mr.gigi
no doubt original is always the best .. even tho the price is very expensive
But affordability is always a cause for concern.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toh WL
Enjoy first is better than waiting to save money thus depriving ownself from fun.

In overall it's penny wise pound foolish. But some people won't mind that. They prefer to enjoy first as top priority, pay slowly to make the car into real 416.
How true. The worst part is if you add up the money spent to upgrade a copycat POS into a real 416, you spent WAY too much.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

you guys can't rate it until you buy it, build it, and then test. Then you can make your opinions.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 2¢ of different world

Was about to shout "Shame on those who bought..." while taking a bite on my burger... then...

Seems like this fast food hold in my hand wasn't original food too. Before I point my finger to others, should had make sure I am standing straight. Shouldn't we all only consume organic foods(read: original); dumps all the lower cost, mass production, heavy drugs/pesticide imposed food(read: not original)?

An original 416 cost about M$1900. An average income of McDonalds front desk service staffs draw about M$910/month(M$3.5 x 10hrs x 26 days). After deducting daily expenses, lets wish he was left with about M$200/months of saving(staying home and not going outing at all for whole month).

So, an original 416 of M$1900 = 9.5months of saving(sitting quietly at home)!!! Surely that will kill off lots of new comer into this wonderful hobby.

Hmm~~ now I have different perspective on COPY version...

In some richer country(whether if they actually own the $ or owe the $ ), its real easy to shout "Shame on those....", at least until they have better understanding to others.

Now, "hey~ shame on you for only make 416 copy... note: I prefer JRXS... btw, make it come in Matrix screws(hint!! hint!!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.