R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #316
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Any link to where this is on RCMarket? I looked everywhere on there site and im lost finding this car.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

you need to PM or email them to get it. IMO just get a used TRF415
Old 08-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #318
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
you need to PM or email them to get it. IMO just get a used TRF415
Ok, that makes me feel better, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stupid cause I couldn't find it.

If I wanted a blue car, it be a different company all together.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #319
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

possibly interested in picking one up for a friend, how much did the last person pay when they asked for it from rcmarket?
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:46 AM   #320
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Donuts View Post
possibly interested in picking one up for a friend, how much did the last person pay when they asked for it from rcmarket?
With friends like you, they won't need enemies...
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:51 AM   #321
Tech Champion

With the topic conversation the way it is, am I the only one thinking this "copy" is more hassle than what it's worth?

I'd rather have a used Genuine Tamiya over one of these, anyday.

Sounds like you're buying a cheap copy of a car with plenty of things on it that you don't need the hassle of sorting out to get it "race" worthy....

If you want a good (genuine) car that wont have build/race issues, get the TA05 Ver2????

Less to set up and will more than likely, be more reliable.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #322
Tech Master

rcmarket hasn't got in stock
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #323
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
With the topic conversation the way it is, am I the only one thinking this "copy" is more hassle than what it's worth?

I'd rather have a used Genuine Tamiya over one of these, anyday.

Sounds like you're buying a cheap copy of a car with plenty of things on it that you don't need the hassle of sorting out to get it "race" worthy....

If you want a good (genuine) car that wont have build/race issues, get the TA05 Ver2????

Less to set up and will more than likely, be more reliable.
I would agree theres a bit of changes that need to be made, but steel driveshafts are what i'd buy for a normal TRF416 anyway, so that part of extra money spent is not classed as a loss. Its still at least 200 dollars cheaper than the real one with the parts needed to get it running the exactly the same as a real one.

In my opinion the TA05 is a very mediocre car and the cloned 416 outhandles that when its got a few more bits added to make it right. I know this as I had a TA05 full carbon one and the TA05R.

I could never get my TA05 to handle as well as my Xray T2R and TFK05. The TA05 had grip roll on carpet too often, even with the thickest roll bars and harder springs. To be honest, I dont know why a lot of people mention the TA05 as a great choice of car. This is my opinion of it, so I may be wrong, but out of all the touring cars ive had, that really under performed in outright laptimes.

Funny, one car that still doesnt look shameful on the track, even now, is the faithful TC3. One of the greatest touring cars ever in electric RC racing. LOL, just spotted your name!
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #324
Tech Rookie

Default -

you can buy here
r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcve00051
Peet14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay70 View Post
With friends like you, they won't need enemies...
what a jerk
Old 08-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #326
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
I would agree theres a bit of changes that need to be made, but steel driveshafts are what i'd buy for a normal TRF416 anyway, so that part of extra money spent is not classed as a loss. Its still at least 200 dollars cheaper than the real one with the parts needed to get it running the exactly the same as a real one.

In my opinion the TA05 is a very mediocre car and the cloned 416 outhandles that when its got a few more bits added to make it right. I know this as I had a TA05 full carbon one and the TA05R.

I could never get my TA05 to handle as well as my Xray T2R and TFK05. The TA05 had grip roll on carpet too often, even with the thickest roll bars and harder springs. To be honest, I dont know why a lot of people mention the TA05 as a great choice of car. This is my opinion of it, so I may be wrong, but out of all the touring cars ive had, that really under performed in outright laptimes.

Funny, one car that still doesnt look shameful on the track, even now, is the faithful TC3. One of the greatest touring cars ever in electric RC racing. LOL, just spotted your name!
Thing is, if I had to buy a new chassis, I wouldnt buy one and be branded as buying a copy. I'd want the real deal, even if it was an older model.

The ta05 I have had some good results with, up against more expensive models. Yes, I got a new chassis (thicker for indoors, less chassis flex), trf shocks and universal driveshafts for it, (better than the dogbones any day, and if you're on a budget, just get a pair for the front) and a spool- but part of that you wouldnt get in the kit anyways, but it helps the car no end, so i'm happy doing so.

tc3, I stopped using mine indoors as it was notorious for snapping arms and uprights on the front on a good amount of steering lock if you hit the apex of a corner, and indoors, the boards are pretty solid lol. It's also pretty heavy.

Do that with your ta05 and it will keep going, it is solid as a rock.

The v2 sounds even better than the first series too, better features and will be around for a while yet as its only just been released.

How long will a company copying a cars design be around for? How reputable is this copy cat company?

If you have a Porshe, but it was a replica, would you still feel happy with it? I know I wouldnt!...

Just my 0.02$, take it or leave it for what it's worth There is no substitute for the real deal.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #327
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tc3, so kind of you to come on this forum and jam your morals down our throats.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #328
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

tc3team, the car is based off of the 416WE...so.....even if it isnt "around" long,you can just replace the parts from a car and company that will be.
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #329
Tech Initiate

Let them say all they want, they are simply pissed that we paid a fraction of what they paid for theirs and still whoop their asses on the tracks.

We have more and more drivers buying the chinese clones for practises and testing runs while keeping the original kits just for races. They are enjoying it more than running the originals ascrashing seems to be very affordable now and the effort to 'rectify' the clone is worth the time and money.
BlueBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:03 AM   #330
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default $$$

What are these things worth?

Ben
auzzy_mate is offline   Reply With Quote