R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #196
Tech Regular
 
Steveagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney, Team SMA
Posts: 486
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
o.k thanks for the info .. but this kit will help people with lower budget
If you are on a lower budget, get a TA05 or a TRF415 like i did. I just put an order a new TRF416
__________________
Tamiya | Spektrum | Tekin | Intellect | ACE

Sydney Model Autosports | www.smaracing.org

Team Awesome: Are you awesome? I am.
Steveagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #197
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

yeah you could get a used TRF415 for less and probably more competitive
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #198
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
yeah you could get a used TRF415 for less and probably more competitive
yaya ...
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #199
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

B18C Turbo

any update?
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04 AM   #200
Tech Apprentice
 
V_28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 61
Default

i'm interested too. how has the car been going now it has been a few weeks?
V_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:26 AM   #201
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I never considered buying a clone !

Even though I could not find a trf416 WE on the net anywhere.. (I got a tc5)

But I do know as a fact! some of the manufacture factory's in china that do churn out Original items also turn out.. what we call Copies when they have filled thier contract of orders.. could possibly be coming from the same factory.. !

I am guilty of owning generic CLONES is the sense of 3 racing yeah racing etc etc tools and accessories...

Do you get as much grief for that ??
ULTRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #202
Tech Champion
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,044
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRA View Post

But I do know as a fact! some of the manufacture factory's in china that do churn out Original items also turn out.. what we call Copies when they have filled thier contract of orders.. could possibly be coming from the same factory.. !

I am guilty of owning generic CLONES is the sense of 3 racing yeah racing etc etc tools and accessories...

Do you get as much grief for that ??

Haha, your facts are WRONG in regards to Tamiya. Tamiya does not operate or contract factories in China.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆TEKNO☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...

Last edited by MikeR; 06-03-2009 at 10:20 AM.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #203
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
B18C Turbo

any update?
im still waiting on parts guys, should be ready for the weekend!
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM   #204
Tech Addict
 
05forfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

you know what? They just released alum version, which uses alum to replace all carbon parts and the price is nearly half of carbon version...interesting
check out this link
http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_...50016564&pm2=4

Don't get me wrong, I am not encouraging people to buy but just showing what's happening over there. To be honest down that webpage you can also see other clones (ignore Chinese if you cannot read it) they don't look like crap at all. Think about this way how many Chinese students in this country for master and PhD in engineering, so it is not surprising if they can produce (or copy or clone) quality stuff. So stand on your side and just enjoy this hobby peace
05forfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #205
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

You can make a turd look like a gem from the proper angle .
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:23 AM   #206
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

some one once told me "you can't polish a turd"

they proved you can !!!!
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #207
Tech Adept
 
myan_gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
some one once told me "you can't polish a turd"

they proved you can !!!!
I've also been told...
You can't polish a turd,
But you can put glitter on it... (in this case some blue anodising)

Seriously though, im an industrial designer and i'd hate to think someone in another country can so easily rip off my hard work and sleepless nights while also undercuting my employer who pays me minimum wage to develop the genuine article. Some say copying is a form of flattery but i believe that you only have a few good ideas in a lifetime and it only takes a couple of days and a vernieer caliper for someone to make it "their own". I will always buy the genuine article and suport those who are engineering products for us the racers.

SD
__________________
---Tamiya 416X---Tamiya TRF416WE---Tamiya TA05R---Tamiya F104 Pro ---Tamiya F103R 15th Anniversary ---Tamiya F103---Tamiya F103GT---Tamiya TL01---

www.brccc.org
myan racing (coming soon)
myan_gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #208
Tech Elite
 
joe of loath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05forfun View Post
you know what? They just released alum version, which uses alum to replace all carbon parts and the price is nearly half of carbon version...interesting
check out this link
http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_...50016564&pm2=4

Don't get me wrong, I am not encouraging people to buy but just showing what's happening over there. To be honest down that webpage you can also see other clones (ignore Chinese if you cannot read it) they don't look like crap at all. Think about this way how many Chinese students in this country for master and PhD in engineering, so it is not surprising if they can produce (or copy or clone) quality stuff. So stand on your side and just enjoy this hobby peace
Is that a revo clone in the banner at the top? I would LOVE to see the quality of a rip off 3.3
__________________
HPI E-Firestorm - Tamiya TA05 racer (carbon chassis, 10.5 brushless etc) - LRP Blast S10 BX - Revo 2.5r truggy conversion (in progress)
joe of loath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #209
Tech Addict
 
05forfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
Is that a revo clone in the banner at the top? I would LOVE to see the quality of a rip off 3.3
sorry buddy, it looks like genuine one..but keep looking..you may find one in the future..haha
05forfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #210
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brasil
Posts: 66
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to maxrcp
Default

dear friends

tell us your first impression about this chassi..
can i run modified with this china made?
are the parts strenght enough??
maxrcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32167 05-02-2017 11:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:24 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net