Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Integy VESC 3300 GP batts >

Integy VESC 3300 GP batts

Integy VESC 3300 GP batts

Old 12-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Integy VESC 3300 GP batts

I'm planning to get those integy VESC batts for stock- are they any good? those cells are pricey also

It says 1.2 volts on the label @ 20 A dis . Anybody can share information about the Integy cell is much appreciated.

Thanks.

CE!

Old 12-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

i would try some other brands such as fukuyama or pro match
Old 12-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Integy labels there cells different than most companies. Not sure about the specifics, but I know they do it different.

As the post before me said, Try Fukuyama cells. Check out there thread in this section!

Tom
Old 12-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Integy has their maching machines stop taking voltiage readings at 240sec so the voltiage numbers look great on even the shittest of cells. They have been doing it for a long time. Take a look at KC Racing, he has great stuff and is a real nice guy. Murdock RC, and Big Dog RC both are online stores that sell his stuff.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

There are a few reasons,

1) the use the lavco matching system.
2) 5 amp charge rate
3) 20 amp discharge rate.

6amp charge and 30amp discharge are the standard now for most matchers, a lesser charge and discharge rate = better specs on cells that arn't that great. Integy has some great products, batteries isn't one of them...

Check out some of the companies that advertise on Rctech, for as low as $30 a pack you can get good quality matched packs, if you would rather stick with name brands then buy some SMC cells.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

I own an integy pack here are the numbers:
643 sec ave:1.22
I figured as it was one of the better packs they sell it would be pretty good. Well it has a nice label. I cant tell the difference between that pack and the generic 3000 packs i bought for 12 bucks. I am very disapointed. I recently ordered some fukuyama racing cells as I have heard nothing but rave things about them. All people talked about at cleveland is how much more rip Mo Denton had racing handout motors with his fukuyama batts. Ill let ya know by this weekend if they are all they say they are.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fire
i would try some other brands such as fukuyama or pro match
I did order Fukuyama but they are out of stock now for the 1.175-1.179. I was curious on the Integy when i saw the higher voltage on the readings.

Pro Match is also out of stock for the 1.175+.

I really need the batts next week so I was asking anybodies opinion before I made a wrong purchase.

Thanks.

CE!
Old 12-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

from what I have heard on here that the new batches of batteries arent producing the high numbers that they were before so ya might be waiting a while to see high numbers again.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JPHRacer
Integy has their maching machines stop taking voltiage readings at 240sec so the voltiage numbers look great on even the shittest of cells. They have been doing it for a long time. Take a look at KC Racing, he has great stuff and is a real nice guy. Murdock RC, and Big Dog RC both are online stores that sell his stuff.
JPH racer - So youre saying the voltage could be higher How about punch?

I will check KC racing. Thanks.

CE!
Old 12-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

The numbers that you are seeing for voltiage are only for the first 240 sec of the discharge curve, not the toatal 600+ sec. Punch is a matter of the Internal resistance, and generaly crappy cells have a high internal resistance, those cells probably have a high Ir and dont have much in the way of punch.

If your looking to buy cells right now, it's going to be hard to find good voltiage cells. Gp has changed the cells that the matchers are getting and they will now not produce the 1.18+ voltiage that they were before. But, the internal resistance is down quite a bit and the runtime is Up 15+ sec. If your racing Mod or a 19 turn spec class then the new cells would be a good choice. But if your racing stock, then I would try to get ahold of some of the older cells. I do know for a fact that Kenny (KC) is still matching the older high voltiage cells. So everything of his that you will find will be the high voltiage stuff. If you are running mod then I would get some of the new cells.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

I decided to get the SMC but which one should I get- i am running on 23T

GP3306S Excellent Runtime & Voltage
GP3306P Very Good runtime & Voltage

If I will be running stock should I be shooting for the higher Volts? My first choice was to get the Fukuyama 1.175+ but they are out of stock now and I need to made the purchase this week.

Should I get the Fukuyama 1.170+ or do I need to wait until their on stock of the 1.175?

btw, the KC racing site is still under construction

Thanks.

CE!

Last edited by centax error!; 12-10-2003 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

GP3306S Excellent Runtime & Voltage
GP3306P Very Good runtime & Voltage

Either will be fine but the lower priced "P" packs are great for stock and 19T racing, typically i have seen them with higher average voltage over the "S" packs with slightly less run time. But in stock racing no one needs 400+seconds @30amps anyway!

You wont be disappointed with SMC matching.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

joel- thans
Old 12-10-2003, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

I would call, maybe the site isnt up to date or you could talk them into giving ya some secret stash.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Contact Dan at Fukuyama directly. His site said they were out, when infact he sent me some great 1.18 cells!

[email protected]

Tom

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.