R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Now I need to work out a setup to get the car to rotate properly, the car steers, but it always feels like the rear end of the car is taking too long to follow the front.

For which car? I found one thing that helped me a LOT in offroad was to increase the steering angle to about 35. with it set too low, the truck always felt TOO planted and the back wouldn't snap around in the lower speed corners like I thought it should. By increasing the angle, I could still push through the higher speed corners, and in the lower speed corners, I could finally get the back end to snap around the way I expected it to.

Sponsors - My Kids, My Wife, and My Wallet!
BlueGlowBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #122
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy View Post
For which car? I found one thing that helped me a LOT in offroad was to increase the steering angle to about 35. with it set too low, the truck always felt TOO planted and the back wouldn't snap around in the lower speed corners like I thought it should. By increasing the angle, I could still push through the higher speed corners, and in the lower speed corners, I could finally get the back end to snap around the way I expected it to.
Working on TC right now, but might start using the 12th scale soon. I'm just running laps on vrc carpet 2, using the full option xray with an 8.5.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #123
Tech Master

Quote:
Working on TC right now, but might start using the 12th scale soon. I'm just running laps on vrc carpet 2, using the full option xray with an 8.5.
K, I'll see if I can get some time tonight to check mine and I'll let you know what I had done.

I know one of the big things with the carpet TC cars was to get that ride height rediculously low.... I know my SPEC car is 3.1mm rear and 3mm front, and that made a HUGE difference, so I'm pretty sure my open chassis is set up something similar.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #124
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Interesting note, I had the pc hooked up to my smaller monitor which only supports 1280x1024, so I turned on the high res and some filer, AA, etc to see how it looked, even with it still reporting 120-124 fps, I could feel a delay and the screen wasn't nearly as smooth. I really didn't feel like it even looked much better.
After getting my new video card installed my driving performance suffers if I run below 300FPS. Most of the time I have my FPS up around 400. I can drive much more consistent and hold a tighter line with a higher frame rate.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #125
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I am waiting for my usb adapter then I will download the 30 day trial and give this thing a whirl. My expectations are not real high I just hope to get in some racing when I don't have time to go to the track. My interests are mostly TC. Can we exchange setup files?

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:58 AM   #126
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlkgliders View Post
Can we exchange setup files?
Yes, we can.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #127
Tech Champion

Quote:
K, I'll see if I can get some time tonight to check mine and I'll let you know what I had done.

I know one of the big things with the carpet TC cars was to get that ride height rediculously low.... I know my SPEC car is 3.1mm rear and 3mm front, and that made a HUGE difference, so I'm pretty sure my open chassis is set up something similar.
I played with some changes and was able to figure that it's technically more of a mid corner push, if I drive around at half speed it responds correctly. I went with stiffer springs and no sway bars and it helped, but it also hurt turn in.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I got the USB adaptor from VRC, and got it to calibrate to my Futaba radio in the calibration function by turning off the HRS function. While it sees full X-Y sweep in the calibration function, inside the game it doesn't respond (current steering and throttle remain at -0-).

Tried recalibrating several times, no love, same result.

Any tips?

FIXED IT. Switch to the keyboard control and then back to the USB. Works!
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152

Last edited by CraigMBA; 09-02-2012 at 02:58 PM.
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #129
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Anyone tried the triple monitor setup yet?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #130
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can someone explain to me how to fix the glitching issues on this simulator....all my settings on the game are at a minimum and some days theres very little glitching and some days theres major glitching......do the creators of this simulator not know that not everyone has a alienware or gaming computer....i mean my laptop is not the best but its not old either can they not make it so everyone can enjoy this sim.....
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #131
Tech Regular

Well, do you have any processes running in the background?

Update your graphics drivers. I updated mine and that fixed my glitching problems.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #132
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahuman View Post

Update your graphics drivers. I updated mine and that fixed my glitching problems.
Can you update a graphic card on a laptop?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #133
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahuman View Post

This, plus, do you reboot your machine and only open VRC? many people don't realize how much ram browsers consume these days, and many times plugins and such cause memory leaks, so this could be impacting the "bad" days.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #134
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Can you update a graphic card on a laptop?
*chuckle* only on the really fancy ones, like Alienware.

But he didn't say to udpate your graphics card, he said to update the drivers for it. (The software that controls how your computer talks to the graphics card). Often on a first release, the video card/laptop company finds some bugs in their software, just the same way that VRI finds bugs in VRC-Pro once more users start to use it.This is something that any computer can do.

What type of laptop do you have? Brand and model number. I will help point you in the right direction for this.

Also, is the glitching mainly when you are playing multiplayer? That is a whole other ball of wax.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #135
Tech Master

Quote:
*chuckle* only on the really fancy ones, like Alienware.

But he didn't say to udpate your graphics card, he said to update the drivers for it. (The software that controls how your computer talks to the graphics card). Often on a first release, the video card/laptop company finds some bugs in their software, just the same way that VRI finds bugs in VRC-Pro once more users start to use it.This is something that any computer can do.

What type of laptop do you have? Brand and model number. I will help point you in the right direction for this.

Also, is the glitching mainly when you are playing multiplayer? That is a whole other ball of wax.

Thanks dude ...I dont play multiplayer....my computer is a toshiba satellite maybe a year and a half old and its running Windows XP...and yes i reboot before launching vrc pro