R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #181
Tech Champion

Interesting...got an e-mail today saying VRC Pro has gone to a F2P model. Checked the website and yup...it has gone F2P. Guess I'll be downloading it again tonight
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

it has, but if you wanna take advantage of any of the content, tracks ect you need a subscription.
they sent me a mail today offering me the Unlimited lifetime membership since ive been involved since launch in 2011 but cant really afford to cough up the $150 euros with a big race coming up lol.
ah well. the 12 euros per month i pay is still a bargain for limitless practice. having to buy tracks was a pissoff though most of them are pretty pointless to practice on unless you can actually race on the real ones.

the finland indoor track and snowbirds are the closest to the tracks i actually get to run on here in bc. our outdoor track is probably similar in size to the LRP masters in vrc, or maybe a little smaller than kyosho atsugi.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #183
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Best thing they ever did was change the subscription model, I really hated having to pay for a sub then having to buy everything on top of this. It was certainly limiting take up, i have noticed that since the changed things the number of drivers online at any one time has doubled. The only track I ever bought was Brisbane, as it is my home track, It has been good to try a bunch of others, and be able to compete in the worlds.
RogerDaShrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bringing up an older thread, but I just found this and have a few questions.

Can someone who uses this application w the USB key and their controller give an assessment/review? Will this help or mess up your real world driving and racing skills? I get that there is nothing like the real thing, but not all of us can get to a track regularly. I am hoping this will help my driving skills between races?
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #185
Tech Champion

I didn't find this to help or hurt my driving skills when I did play it. I was frustrated at how some of the setup options worked in reverse of what they should and it made it difficult to tune the cars so I eventually got bored with it and quit.

Personally I found iRacing to help more with my driving even though it is not an RC driving game. Mainly because when you get into the higher licenses the races are very long and helped improve my concentration for RC racing.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks, that is useful info.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:31 PM   #187
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think it has helped me. In the game my lap times have gotten better but it has taken a few months.

I practice lots of classes, but on road1/12 MOD with 10min heats, they are pretty demanding, at least to me.

I will have to see how this translates to real cars as soon as I start racing again.

The game has gotten better over time. They have better subscription options. The owner stays active on the forum. It seems like they work hard at getting even better.
tekin112000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #188
Tech Rookie

Can someone tell me why my receiver doesn't switch on.I am using Sanwa Mt4s and RX-371 receiver.When I plugged in the usb and turned on the transmitter,the receiver doesn't have light.
KrisLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:05 AM   #189
Tech Fanatic

So what's the story now! Is VRC still a monthly payment?
Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #190
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
So what's the story now! Is VRC still a monthly payment?
I've been using the FREE version of VRC Pro for a little over a year now. I had never raced RC cars at all, but do fly planes and helis. While the free version doesn't give you all the tracks, nor does it let you adjust all the various suspensions/motor settings, it really has helped my muscle memory in learning how to drive an RC car on a track. It also has helped in learning racecraft and getting over the anxiety of battling for positions on track.

I've gone from being DFL in USVTA to regularly battling for an A-main podium spot in USVTA, USGT, and F1 at my local tracks.

Of course the 85,000 laps I've turned on VRC probably has helped.

Occasionally I'll buy a new track when I get bored with the free standard tracks, of which there are a few for each car type. I like the a la carte method, and I don't have to worry about a monthly subscription fee.

In all, it's been a great help. Very similar to the RC flight simulators I use to help my RC flying skills.

Mark
Mark C. USVTA #115 TC5 & Xray T4 '13, USGT #115 Xray T4 '13
USVTA-F1 #115 F103/4 & F1R3 & WTF1 FC-16. Tamiya M05 M06
Easley RC Raceway, The RUG
scirocco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #191
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

can someone suggest a laptop that would work for running this game decently? I am replacing my laptop, and this is the only game I'd play. I could get a desktop, but prefer a laptop so I don't need a tablet also. Was looking at Asus and MSI laptops but I don't know enough about prcoessors and hardware anymore to compare. Only other thing the computer needs to be capable of is running Adove Illustrator and a few other graphics programs.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanhighz View Post
can someone suggest a laptop that would work for running this game decently? I am replacing my laptop, and this is the only game I'd play. I could get a desktop, but prefer a laptop so I don't need a tablet also. Was looking at Asus and MSI laptops but I don't know enough about prcoessors and hardware anymore to compare. Only other thing the computer needs to be capable of is running Adove Illustrator and a few other graphics programs.
I use the Lenovo Y50 and it is a BEAST. i7, Nvidia GTX 860M 16GB and now a 500gb Samsung SSD.

I was using an asus before that I think a Q550L or something that was pretty good as well but cheaper.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #193
Tech Fanatic

Question: Is the VRC version that Steam sells the same as the free version of VRC. If not, is the free version available on VRC website?
Old 05-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #194
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Question: Is the VRC version that Steam sells the same as the free version of VRC. If not, is the free version available on VRC website?
The free version is available on the VRC website.

Mark
Mark C. USVTA #115 TC5 & Xray T4 '13, USGT #115 Xray T4 '13
USVTA-F1 #115 F103/4 & F1R3 & WTF1 FC-16. Tamiya M05 M06
Easley RC Raceway, The RUG
scirocco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #195
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info, Scirocco