R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #136
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Thanks dude ...I dont play multiplayer....my computer is a toshiba satellite maybe a year and a half old and its running Windows XP...and yes i reboot before launching vrc pro
I know it's annoying, but I actually have a 2nd hard drive for vrc on my laptop, it only has xp, drivers and wireless, once other things are loaded it ran like crap. I swap it out when I need to play, but I recently got a little desktop together, see my post on the last page for specs, it plays much much better than the laptop.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks dude ...I dont play multiplayer....my computer is a toshiba satellite maybe a year and a half old and its running Windows XP...and yes i reboot before launching vrc pro
It's a satellite what? It should have a model number, like A110 or U30 or something like that. Either on the lcd's bezel, or on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

Sponsors - My Kids, My Wife, and My Wallet!
BlueGlowBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #138
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGlowBoy View Post
It's a satellite what? It should have a model number, like A110 or U30 or something like that. Either on the lcd's bezel, or on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.
All i can find is on the bottom of the laptop it says satellite c650d
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #139
Tech Master

Quote:
All i can find is on the bottom of the laptop it says satellite c650d
From what I can see, that should run VRC about as well as my laptop does... minimum detail and resolution, no shadows, no dust, and I can average about 40fps.

Since it has an AMD/ATI graphics adapter, I would suggest opening the Catalyst Control Center, and under the Gaming option, there should be several options where it's set to "Use application Settings"....force these settings to their lowest settings. This will then ignore any settings in VRC and use the lower option. I found that helped on my older desktop.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #140
Tech Master

Quote:
From what I can see, that should run VRC about as well as my laptop does... minimum detail and resolution, no shadows, no dust, and I can average about 40fps.

Since it has an AMD/ATI graphics adapter, I would suggest opening the Catalyst Control Center, and under the Gaming option, there should be several options where it's set to "Use application Settings"....force these settings to their lowest settings. This will then ignore any settings in VRC and use the lower option. I found that helped on my older desktop.
Ok stupid question where do i locate this catalyst control center?
Old 09-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #141
Tech Master

Quote:
Ok stupid question where do i locate this catalyst control center?
If you are running windows 7, just click the windows button (the one that lets you get access to all of your installed programs) and in the "search programs and files" window. type in "Catalyst" and it should show up.

Also, it may be in your Control Panel....not sure how will it integrates with Windows 7 (I've only used it with an XP machine).

Old 09-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #142
Tech Master

Quote:
If you are running windows 7, just click the windows button (the one that lets you get access to all of your installed programs) and in the "search programs and files" window. type in "Catalyst" and it should show up.

Also, it may be in your Control Panel....not sure how will it integrates with Windows 7 (I've only used it with an XP machine).
I have windows 7 premium and cannot find a catalyst control center anywhere....ive searched it and nothing comes up and search control panel and nothings there
Old 09-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #143
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

CCC (Catalyst Control Center) can come with ATI drivers, but you also can have the drivers installed alone...

The easiest way to check is to right click the wallpaper and check in the contextual menu if there is a Catalyst Control Center option with a red icon...

If that's not the case, it means you have to install it, by installing the latest version of the ATI drivers for your card http://ati.amd.com
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #144
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Anyone tried the triple monitor setup yet?
Yup, with Eyefinity enabled you will have a 5760x1080 screen... Works perfectly but you will need a warrior card like HD6990...

This is the only configuration I can play at VRC, the POV is so unrealistic on one screen...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #145
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
CCC (Catalyst Control Center) can come with ATI drivers, but you also can have the drivers installed alone...

The easiest way to check is to right click the wallpaper and check in the contextual menu if there is a Catalyst Control Center option with a red icon...

If that's not the case, it means you have to install it, by installing the latest version of the ATI drivers for your card http://ati.amd.com
That sounds like some solid info ...I will try it out .....thanks alot.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #146
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

So I got my usb adapter for my rx and and downloaded the VRC trial. After playing with my radio, steering expo (which I do not run on my real cars ) and EPA's it feels ok on the oval. I went to carpet 2 and after playing with the settings some more it is well ok. can someone send me a setup preferably on road for carpet 2 or another on road track I would love to try something more setup.
Thanks
Don

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #147
Tech Regular

Go to the tracks section on the website and on carpet 2, look at tips and knowledge. All the setups and other tips related to the track should be on there.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This game has become addicting. The best part is I am noticing a big improvement in my real RC driving. My laps have become a lot more consistent and I am much more comfortable and calculated with my lines on the track.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #149
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

havent played in several months but I re-upped this weekend. Tried out the off road, and right back into the 1/12 scale. It is addiciting. And still fun.
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #150
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
havent played in several months but I re-upped this weekend. Tried out the off road, and right back into the 1/12 scale. It is addiciting. And still fun.
I tried off road and it was just okay. I only do the official off road events to get the VEuros to buy more 1:12th scale stuff.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote