Search

NEW Offline Rollout Calculator

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Lightbulb NEW Offline Rollout Calculator

Hello,
This is the updated version of the previous Offline Rollout Calculator.
I have taken the old concept and reworked it based on the feedback (Thanks heaps guys!!).

Features from old version:
Finds Gear Ratio, Rollout, Theoretical Speed and the exclusive Spur and Pinion Finder.

NEW in this version:
Added a Car Editor.
-Add New Cars
-Edit Existing Cars
-Delete Cars
-Imports existing Car List

Added a Table.
Added an Imperial and Metric Version.
Automatically checks for updates when connected to the internet.

You no longer have to click a button to get the desired output it does it automatically.

DOWNLOAD HERE (http://evilstealth.serveftp.com/orc) - Latest Version: 10th May 2009

ORC is created on the .NET Framework Version 2.0. Most computers have it but if yours doesn't you will need it to run this program. You can download it from here. You will only need the internet for this bit but after that the program will no longer require the internet (except for updates).
Let me know if you like this version and if there are any problems or changes. I am working on the PDA version and a normal mobile phone version (using Java) but it will be based on the input received from using this program.
If you have added some new cars it would be greatly appreciated if you uploaded your CARS.ORC file to here and I will compile a list with the latest cars for everyone to download.

Take a look, any feedback will be a great help

Kind Regards
Adam

Last edited by Evilstealth; 05-09-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

HI.

I downloaded the offline rollout calculator, upon first trying to install it I was informed I needed the 3.5 version of .net framework. Installed that, then the install of the calculator completed. However, I can't understand what it is supposed to do... here's a screenshot, I suspect it is not running correctly on my PC... nothing seems to be labelled. Also, the "pan car" selection in the car list comes up with a 2.133 number which I assume is what the program thinks is the internal ratio of the car... but pan cars all have an internal ratio of 1.0, so I'm pretty confused.

Here's a screenshot of how it looed on my PC screen...
Attached Thumbnails NEW Offline Rollout Calculator-orc.jpg  
Old 04-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

hi there

I have d/loaded the orc (awesome prog by the way)

but I dont have any headings ??? any idea ?

suspect its the same as above !
Old 04-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

This program needs some work. The gfx are not showing up and we have to guess where to put what. But I think I figured it out.

Top left, pick your car and to the right will show your internal ratio.

Below that, put your spur then pinion. Hit generate and your fdr will show up to the right and a table will pop up.

Below that, put your tire diameter and you will get your roll out.

Below that, put your RPM and you will get your speed.

I don't know what the bottom is for.

--pakk
Old 04-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Super cool But I noticed that the XRay T1 low ratio option is listed as 2.125, it should be 1.77. Also, the T1 FK05 is listed as 1.77, but should be 1.70.

-rocky b

Edit: I just realized that if I enter the spur and pinion sizes in the boxes as they are labeled, the table that is created lists spur/pinion ratios only. If I enter them the other way around (spur in the pinion box and pinion in the spur box) the FDR chart is created normally
Old 04-17-2009, 01:58 AM
Tech Adept

Oh crap , looking into the GUI problem now, Very Very Very Sorry about that... it's ment to look like this....

Last edited by Evilstealth; 04-17-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Already mentioned that the "Pan car" option in the car list gives an incorrect ratio of 2.133, also noticed the Corally SP12M option in the list gives an incorrect ratio of 2.0. It also should be 1.0 (the Corally 12M is a 1/12 pan car)

Thanks for putting in the effort to create this program... I especially like the pinion/spur finder section at the bottom.

I've been using "rcgears.exe" for a LONG time, I didn't think an offline gearing calculator could top it, but yours does.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Adept

looks like its just a problem with the background colour !!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
looks like its just a problem with the background colour !!
Yer it was .... Its back up now and HOPEFULLY it works for you guys, i also fixed the problem with the ratio not being correct .

Also remember you can edit the cars using the Car Editor in the program.

Very sorry for the inconvenience, let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards
Adam

Last edited by Evilstealth; 04-17-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Adam,

Still have the white background here, and the Pan Car selection now shows 2.1730 ratio... Did I need to re-download and reinstall? I think it automatically updated, because the Corally 12M selection now shows the correct 1.0 ratio.

I might have made a problem for myself... Teh 3.5 .net framework seremed to REALLY slow my laptop down, so I removed it (it rolled back to .net framework 2.0) THe calculator program still seems to work... but if I have to re-download and re-install, it might not let me install if the installer looks for 3.5...

Thanks,
David
Old 04-17-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

just download and instal the new version and its working like a charm !!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Trips
Adam,

Still have the white background here, and the Pan Car selection now shows 2.1730 ratio... Did I need to re-download and reinstall? I think it automatically updated, because the Corally 12M selection now shows the correct 1.0 ratio.

I might have made a problem for myself... Teh 3.5 .net framework seremed to REALLY slow my laptop down, so I removed it (it rolled back to .net framework 2.0) THe calculator program still seems to work... but if I have to re-download and re-install, it might not let me install if the installer looks for 3.5...

Thanks,
David
David,

Yer mate you have to re-download and reinstall the new version from the site http://evilstealth.serveftp.com/orc and it should overwrite the existing file and replace it with the updated one. I will be implementing an auto updater soon hopefully...

You no longer need the 3.5 .NET Framework, while fixing the problem i was able to roll it back to the 2.0 .NET Framework so that should be good for everyone...

Kind Regards
Adam
Old 04-17-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

RE-downloaded and re-installed, now it's working properly. That was a QUICK response...

I have a question... in the upper right corner, you can select imerial or metric, but as it stands, there doesn't seem to be much point to even have those buttons... whether I have imperial or metric selected, the calculations are the same, and the results are the same... what I mean to say is that if I happen to have metric selected, but input 1.72 for my tire diameter (thinking inches) the rollout result comes out to 3.3-something. Now if I'm thinking inches, and input inches, I KNOW the resulting rollout is inches, even if I have the metric button selected, and the word over the result says mm... seems the only thing that happens when I change from the metric to the imperial button is the graphic over the boxes changes...

Something that might be useful for a future version (I don't know how difficult this would be to implement) might be to convert the values in the boxes when switching from imperial to metric or vice versa... that way, if someone suggests a rollout to me in inches, I can input my tire size in millimeters (my truer is calibrated in millimeters) then hit the metric button and it would do the conversion for me...

Don';t know if expressed that clearly, and I definitely don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but I thought I'd toss the idea out to you.

Thanks again, this is a GREAT program...
Old 04-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Now this is TRULY awesome...

The next time someone asks "how fast does it go?" I can tell them "Infinity", and I have the software to back me up...

Now if can only figure out how to get a ratio of 0 I can go break some records... I tried removing the pulleys from the car, but it didn't move...
Attached Thumbnails NEW Offline Rollout Calculator-hehe-copy.jpg  
Old 04-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

i have a question.
were i fill in the pinion and the spurgear the resuld is wrong.
when i change the pinion in the spurgera and the spurgear in the pinion it's right.
i think you made a mistake bij the formula.

still i like it.
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.