R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-17-2009, 07:02 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
i have a question.
were i fill in the pinion and the spurgear the resuld is wrong.
when i change the pinion in the spurgera and the spurgear in the pinion it's right.
i think you made a mistake bij the formula.

still i like it.
thanks
I didn't notice that, but I just had another look, and you're right... interestingly enough, when you put the pinion and spur values in the places the program asks for, the ratio shows up wrong, but the rollout is correct. When you swap the pinion and spur values, the ratio shows correctly, but then the rollout is way off...

Sounds like a simple logic error in there somewhere... good eye.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
I didn't notice that, but I just had another look, and you're right... interestingly enough, when you put the pinion and spur values in the places the program asks for, the ratio shows up wrong, but the rollout is correct. When you swap the pinion and spur values, the ratio shows correctly, but then the rollout is way off...

i'm not interested in the rollout but i notist that when i swap them that the ratio is ok.
I use that and i'm going to install it on my laptop that i use by the races.
Easy program that works good.
Also i'm happy that i can ad my own cars.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Evilstealth

Quote:
RE-downloaded and re-installed, now it's working properly. That was a QUICK response...

I have a question... in the upper right corner, you can select imerial or metric, but as it stands, there doesn't seem to be much point to even have those buttons... whether I have imperial or metric selected, the calculations are the same, and the results are the same... what I mean to say is that if I happen to have metric selected, but input 1.72 for my tire diameter (thinking inches) the rollout result comes out to 3.3-something. Now if I'm thinking inches, and input inches, I KNOW the resulting rollout is inches, even if I have the metric button selected, and the word over the result says mm... seems the only thing that happens when I change from the metric to the imperial button is the graphic over the boxes changes...

Something that might be useful for a future version (I don't know how difficult this would be to implement) might be to convert the values in the boxes when switching from imperial to metric or vice versa... that way, if someone suggests a rollout to me in inches, I can input my tire size in millimeters (my truer is calibrated in millimeters) then hit the metric button and it would do the conversion for me...

Don';t know if expressed that clearly, and I definitely don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but I thought I'd toss the idea out to you.

Thanks again, this is a GREAT program...
Regarding the Metric/Imperial thing, i never thought about that thanks i will try to add it and implement it in the next update.

I have also fixed the Gear Ratio logic error sorry about that, let me know if your program automatically takes you to the site when you run it if not just visit http://evilstealth.serveftp.com/orc and download the latest update.

Thanks very much for everyone's feedback

Kind Regards
Adam
Old 04-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

I just downloaded the roll out and mine does the same thing still It shows the ratio right but the popup window is wrong still.
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Downloaded 1.2 jsut now, installed and runs fine. Logic error is gone on main screen, but hit the "generate table" button in the gear ratio section and the logic error is there for the table.

Rollout and rollout tables seem to be working just fine.

Speed calculator and gear finder working fine.

Adam, thanks again for sharing this.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Hey guys,

NEW UPDATE !!

I have fixed the Gear Ratio table error and have also reworked the Updater so that should work now .

NOTE: If you have added a custom car please write it down before updating as this new update will overwrite your car list due to the new updater.
Download from http://evilstealth.serveftp.com/orc

How is the program by the way are there any more features/problems that you want me to look at??

And guys just letting you know that if you have added a Custom Car and feel that people will benefit from the new addition you can upload the Cars.ORC file to here and then i will compile a updated list every so often for everyone to download.

Kind Regards
Adam
Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #22
Tech Adept

ATTENTION: I am currently experiencing host server problems so i know the site is slow and may not work. I am moving the hosting to a new company, so please bear with me. The links may still work but will probably be slow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards
Adam
Old 04-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Adam,

Hi again. I downloaded and installed the latest (1.3) version, everything seems to be working properly.

One question left... every time I start the ORC program, it tells me that there is an updat4ed car list available, and do I want to be taken to the update page.

I have downloaded and imported the new cars 1.1.ORC list, but it still tellme there's an updated list every time. Is this normal, or have I done something wrong?

Also, when trying to import the Cars1.1.ORC list, the program gets to about a third of the way on the progress bar, throws a "critical error", I hit "OK" it throws one more "critical error" I hit OK again, then it says it imported the list successfully.

I am going to remove ORC and reinstall 1.3 fresh to see if something has gotten corrupted along the way and will do some further tests.

Thanks again,
David
Old 04-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Okay, removed ORC via the "add/remove programs" control panel, re-installed version 1.3, and did some more tests... It seems that the "import existing car list" isn't working fully...

I opened the "Cars.ORC" file that was in the ORC working directory (using notepad) and it always showed "#1.0" in the first line of the file. Even after attempting to import the "Cars1.1.ORC" list the list in the working directory always shoed "#1.9" as the first entry.

On a hunch, I placed the "Cars1.1.ORC" file right into the Offline Rollout Calculator directory manually (on my PC it's "C:\Program Files\Offline Rollout Calculator") then manually renamed it to "Cars.ORC". At that point the program stopped asking if I wanted to update upon startup.

Adding and removing cars within the car editor page seems to work as it should.

I hope I'm not appearing to be critical or picky here, I'm only trying to be helpful and thorough. I truly can appreciate the time and effort you've put into this, and I AM grateful. This is a SUPER cool program you've given to the community.

Thanks again,
David
Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Quote:
Okay, removed ORC via the "add/remove programs" control panel, re-installed version 1.3, and did some more tests... It seems that the "import existing car list" isn't working fully...

I opened the "Cars.ORC" file that was in the ORC working directory (using notepad) and it always showed "#1.0" in the first line of the file. Even after attempting to import the "Cars1.1.ORC" list the list in the working directory always shoed "#1.9" as the first entry.

On a hunch, I placed the "Cars1.1.ORC" file right into the Offline Rollout Calculator directory manually (on my PC it's "C:\Program Files\Offline Rollout Calculator") then manually renamed it to "Cars.ORC". At that point the program stopped asking if I wanted to update upon startup.

Adding and removing cars within the car editor page seems to work as it should.

I hope I'm not appearing to be critical or picky here, I'm only trying to be helpful and thorough. I truly can appreciate the time and effort you've put into this, and I AM grateful. This is a SUPER cool program you've given to the community.

Thanks again,
David
I will look into that more sorry about the inconvenience. The new host should be up soonish hopefully ... David (and everyone else) i need all the feedback i can get on this, don't ever feel that you are "critical or picky" i want the program to be as perfect as possible and your feedback helps me achieve that. Thanks.

Kind Regards
Adam
Old 04-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #26
Tech Elite

No inconvenience at all, no need for apologies...

Thanks again,
David
Old 04-26-2009, 04:04 AM   #27
Tech Adept

How is the program going? Any problems/suggestions?

Kind Regards
Adam
Old 04-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #28
Tech Elite

It's working great here... VERY handy to have on hand.

The only suggestion I can think of is something I touched upon before... when switching from metric to imperial or vice versa, it would be really cool for the program to convert the values in place rather than reset them back to zeros.

I'd bet that wouldn't be very easy to code though...
Old 05-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Quote:
It's working great here... VERY handy to have on hand.

The only suggestion I can think of is something I touched upon before... when switching from metric to imperial or vice versa, it would be really cool for the program to convert the values in place rather than reset them back to zeros.

I'd bet that wouldn't be very easy to code though...
Ok mate sorry for the slow response have had a lot on my plate at the moment sorry i will work on the Metric/Imperial thing now.

Thanks for the feedback

Kind Regards
Adam
Old 05-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #30
Tech Adept

NEW Update: Added a Metric/Imperial Converter based on user feedback by Trips (David).

Click here to get the update.

Just letting everyone know again it will be really appreciated if you do upload your Cars List and i will compile a list of all the uploads .

If this version is completely stable and everyone is happy with it i will start working on a Windows Mobile version and a Java version for phones.

Thanks for using the program.

Kind Regards
Adam

Last edited by Evilstealth; 05-07-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Evilstealth is offline   Reply With Quote