Wiki Posts
Search

HPI's new F1

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ur2slw
got a f10 with upgrades shock and ball diff with soft rear and medium fronts hpi rubber and the car pushes like a bus. need to know how to loosen up the car before i give up on it
soft fronts for sure. the mediums are super stiff. i havent got them to work anywhere yet.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ur2slw
got a f10 with upgrades shock and ball diff with soft rear and medium fronts hpi rubber and the car pushes like a bus. need to know how to loosen up the car before i give up on it
Yep to soft fronts. tires tires tires. Sometimes you have to run medium rear with soft fronts and and high grip tracks soft fronts with belt removed from the fronts.

F104 has the exact same issues if you dont run the right tires so dont think that it's just the HPI
Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

you can loosen up the diff a lil bit too itll rotate a bit more. but tires are the main key!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default handle

thanks guys got some softs to try friday night
Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Thinking about picking up one of these just for the hell of it.. If you wanted to create a SPEC class of these.. box stock with limited upgrades.. other then teh aluminum motor mount... would you go with a 21.5 or a 25.5

Im thinking... 25.5 to keep comparable speeds with the VTA class.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Probably 25.5...
But you would have to do some research on gearing options. Getting down to a 4.0 on some of the TCs has been an interesting challenge for some.

If the motor pod has enough room for bigger gears, then 25.5 should be pretty fun for a spec class.

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Thinking about picking up one of these just for the hell of it.. If you wanted to create a SPEC class of these.. box stock with limited upgrades.. other then teh aluminum motor mount... would you go with a 21.5 or a 25.5

Im thinking... 25.5 to keep comparable speeds with the VTA class.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I've got one up for grabs in the 'For Sale' forum.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Just got my car yesterday and was wondering what type of grease or weight of silicone is a good starting point for the friction disk? And how much do you apply to it? I don't have any experience with the pan car style suspension at all.

Jon
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have noticed a few things:

Only one HPI F10 placed in the top 10 at IIC, compared to 6 Tamiyas.

Hiro ran a Tamiya at IIC? Even though he is sponsored by Hotbodies/HPI?
http://rcprogear.com/

Looks like the support for this car has dropped tremendously, especially since Hiro, the only sponsored driver I've seen assisting consumers on this thread, is now running a Tamiya.

What's going on? Should I go buy an F104??
Old 10-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdbachus

Looks like the support for this car has dropped tremendously, especially since Hiro, the only sponsored driver I've seen assisting consumers on this thread, is now running a Tamiya.

Their where 2 hpi's in the a main in vegas Scotty Ernst was running one with a speedmerchant conversion. The hpi car is plenty capable of being very competative.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdbachus

Hi bdbachus,

I just wanted to mention that only reason i have been using tamiya f104 is the looks of the body. F1 rc racing for me is all about looks and the tamiya ferrari f60 body looks to me is so realistic. That is the only reason why i use the car. In fact, when i run my f10, it's always a bit faster than my f104 at almost all tracks.

Before i start using the tamiya car, i have tried to make the f10 body as cool as possible and then eventually tried to put the tamiya body on my f10. With this, the body looked really cool but it didn't look balanced with the longer wheelbase chassis and the body.

For the performance, i still pick my f10 to be honest, but again, F1 racing needs to be realistic. So we are trying to come up with more realistic bodies for the F10.

Thanks,
Hiro
Old 10-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow

For the performance, i still pick my f10 to be honest, but again, F1 racing needs to be realistic. So we are trying to come up with more realistic bodies for the F10.

Thanks,
Hiro
Hope you guys can do this. There needs to be more manufacturers like HPI pushing F1.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi bdbachus,

I just wanted to mention that only reason i have been using tamiya f104 is the looks of the body. F1 rc racing for me is all about looks and the tamiya ferrari f60 body looks to me is so realistic. That is the only reason why i use the car. In fact, when i run my f10, it's always a bit faster than my f104 at almost all tracks.

Before i start using the tamiya car, i have tried to make the f10 body as cool as possible and then eventually tried to put the tamiya body on my f10. With this, the body looked really cool but it didn't look balanced with the longer wheelbase chassis and the body.

Thanks,
Hiro
You are joking right,The HPI Reanult body looks great,The Williams body looks great. If you are sponcered by HPI/Hot Bodies you should would be running the HPI chassis.
The HPI chassis really needs help showing that its a good chassis. Its the easiest chassis to get in America but everybody thinks it doesnt handle well because even the sponcered drivers dont run it.
Can you not get the Reanult body or Williams body? Both of those look great and if it really the body you are worried about I can make the HPI body look better than the F60. Send me a body an I can take care of it for you.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hiro: way to represent you employer... You should have changed your T shirt for the podium pictures, Can you imagine what would happen to Alonso if he was cought doing laps in a Mclarin.

Unless of corse you employer instructed you to run the car you felt was faster, O-wait a second ... your faster with the HPI F10 ..... Just smells Fishy to me

Originally Posted by robk
Hope you guys can do this. There needs to be more manufacturers like HPI pushing F1.
Hi bdbachus,

Thanks,
Hiro
Old 10-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone looking to get a rolling chassis cheap, PM me...... I have 2 assembled rollers for sale for 65.00 a piece.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.