Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI's new F1

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a question regarding the micro Lipo battery packs, do they come with charge leads or a balance connector? Or do you have to make one up yourself?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evilancer
I have a question regarding the micro Lipo battery packs, do they come with charge leads or a balance connector? Or do you have to make one up yourself?
Most of the good ones do come with.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default f10

just got my f10 and was wondering if the tamiya tires fit on the stock formula ten wheels ?? our track rule is tamiya rubber only
Old 09-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UF1 series

Grand Premio De Caltalunya
UF1 Series this Saturday Orange County California...
Track will be open at 8:30
Qualifying will start at 10:30
Pitting in the grass...
Power supplied, bring extension cord...

more info :
http://uf1series.com/index.html
Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ur2slw
just got my f10 and was wondering if the tamiya tires fit on the stock formula ten wheels ?? our track rule is tamiya rubber only
Nope no luck. You should talk to your track about allowing the HPI tires really unless F1 attendance is so great that they don't mind turning you away which makes no sense.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey mikeR,

need some direction...what setup direction for rubber tire @ TQ? was gonna try to make it down for the radiopost race next weekend. i have all 3 battery sizes, havent used the baby one yet. ive never run the car on carpet, so have no idea what/ where to start.
tony and i were looking at your new project yesterday, very nice...might have to go to the dark side
Old 09-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mkennedy
hey mikeR,

need some direction...what setup direction for rubber tire @ TQ? was gonna try to make it down for the radiopost race next weekend. i have all 3 battery sizes, havent used the baby one yet. ive never run the car on carpet, so have no idea what/ where to start.
tony and i were looking at your new project yesterday, very nice...might have to go to the dark side
Hey Mike, great run yesterday in the later rounds.
To be honest I never ran the HPI with rubber at TQ- has always been foam. One thing I noticed is going to mini packs dropped lap times considerably. Turns the car from being easy going (sluggish) to like driving a video game. It will go in and out of corners in a blink. I set the car up for more steering, extra ackerman, medium front springs, crc blue silicone on the pucks, tight diff, IRS carbon axle the whole works. Because of the high grip you will need the shorty losi type lipo to get to 10minutes. The 1800 is the best but wont make 10 minutes for me.
If you haven't already put some steering stops for the front knuckles and bring extra front suspension parts- TQ tends to do damage at the front of the hpi cars because of all the turn in grip

Thanks, we'll see how the new project goes at iic
Old 09-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikeR
To be honest I never ran the HPI with rubber at TQ- has always been foam. One thing I noticed is going to mini packs dropped lap times considerably. Turns the car from being easy going (sluggish) to like driving a video game. It will go in and out of corners in a blink. I set the car up for more steering, extra ackerman, medium front springs, crc blue silicone on the pucks, tight diff, IRS carbon axle the whole works. Because of the high grip you will need the shorty losi type lipo to get to 10minutes. The 1800 is the best but wont make 10 minutes for me.
If you haven't already put some steering stops for the front knuckles and bring extra front suspension parts- TQ tends to do damage at the front of the hpi cars because of all the turn in grip

i got the car to work for the last round, but up till then...it was for sale! haha
that help will definately get me moving! what are med. front springs? i have a bunch of 1/12 scale springs, will they work? they look the same-ish
are you gonna make it there (TQ) next weekend? if so, could i pick up a battery from you? if you have any left, that is...
Old 09-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have posted some setup info long time ago. I hope it helps....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...new-f1-17.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...new-f1-19.html

Thanks
Old 09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
i have posted some setup info long time ago. I hope it helps....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...new-f1-17.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...new-f1-19.html

Thanks
thanks Hiro! everything helps. see you this weekend...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mkennedy
i got the car to work for the last round, but up till then...it was for sale! haha
that help will definately get me moving! what are med. front springs? i have a bunch of 1/12 scale springs, will they work? they look the same-ish
are you gonna make it there (TQ) next weekend? if so, could i pick up a battery from you? if you have any left, that is...
Lol!
Yes, 1/12 springs will work.
I'm on the fence for this weekend. Have lots of projects I'm trying to finish up. I do still have some 3800 packs in stock.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MikeR

Just curious wich Losi battery you use?

Jon
Old 09-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

The shorty 3800 2s
Old 09-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh like the one that's used in the Losi 22? Gotcha, thanks for the reply.

Jon
Old 10-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default f10

got a f10 with upgrades shock and ball diff with soft rear and medium fronts hpi rubber and the car pushes like a bus. need to know how to loosen up the car before i give up on it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.