R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #796
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,222
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E M Motorsports View Post
I have a HPI F10 with the Exotex chassis , HPI shock and ball diff , Yeah Racing one piece motor mount and axle upgrades. With the Exotex mini battery adapter I can use the F104 bodies which makes for a very cool looking car , works real nice to.
I have the Ferrari F60 on my FX10 as we speak
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #797
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
I have the Ferrari F60 on my FX10 as we speak
i have the stock f104 body on mine.(in the process of getting painted) what theme do you ask? do a google search for spyker f1
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #798
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,222
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
i have the stock f104 body on mine.(in the process of getting painted) what theme do you ask? do a google search for spyker f1
I'm going to pick up another F60 body and do the 2010 Force India body. You'll see when i hit the track at the Fircc I have no expectations to win, so the Force India team is perfect for me cause they have zero expectations either
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #799
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
I'm going to pick up another F60 body and do the 2010 Force India body. You'll see when i hit the track at the Fircc I have no expectations to win, so the Force India team is perfect for me cause they have zero expectations either
it is easy to exceed expectation when there are none...

ironically i picked the spyker theme because they are slow, and like to sandbag. but coming from rc drifting, theres no sandbagging worse than driving sideways.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #800
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,222
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
it is easy to exceed expectation when there are none...

ironically i picked the spyker theme because they are slow, and like to sandbag. but coming from rc drifting, theres no sandbagging worse than driving sideways.
Great, now we have a sand bagger at the Fircc

You gonna make it out this Wednesday for the first all F1 night?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #801
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Great, now we have a sand bagger at the Fircc

You gonna make it out this Wednesday for the first all F1 night?
joking.... or am i? no but seriously...


nope. motor is in the mail on its way to me, speed controller will be here 10/11 and i still need radio/battery/charger. and i have 2 weeks of midterms. so no racing for a few weeks/month. getting your masters takes up a little time....
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #802
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,222
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
joking.... or am i? no but seriously...


nope. motor is in the mail on its way to me, speed controller will be here 10/11 and i still need radio/battery/charger. and i have 2 weeks of midterms. so no racing for a few weeks/month. getting your masters takes up a little time....
You're already in midterms?

Shit, that means mine are next week!
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #803
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default 4cell with the Exotek FX10 Chassis

Hy!

Does a 4cell stick pack fit properly with the holder for 1/18 Lipos?
I thhink with the original holders only 6cell Sticks are suported.

Next question, does the Tamiya Ferary body also fit the original chassis when it is powered by 4cells?

Greetings from Austria,

Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #804
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,222
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Hy!

Does a 4cell stick pack fit properly with the holder for 1/18 Lipos?
I thhink with the original holders only 6cell Sticks are suported.

Next question, does the Tamiya Ferary body also fit the original chassis when it is powered by 4cells?

Greetings from Austria,

Blueman
A 4 Cell pack is almost twice as large as the Micro LiPo's, it should fit on the stock chassis, but not with the micro lipo exotek holder. You might be able to get it to fit with some battery tape though?

The Tamiya bodies ONLY fit with the Exotek chassis with the micro LiPo's, but I've never tried a 4 cell pack so maybe that would work too?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #805
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
You're already in midterms?

Shit, that means mine are next week!
yeah, i have 2 weeks of them...
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #806
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
A 4 Cell pack is almost twice as large as the Micro LiPo's, it should fit on the stock chassis, but not with the micro lipo exotek holder. You might be able to get it to fit with some battery tape though?

The Tamiya bodies ONLY fit with the Exotek chassis with the micro LiPo's, but I've never tried a 4 cell pack so maybe that would work too?
not only tape but also modding the lower deck.

the posts are aluminum and the graphite can conduct electricity. if the battery bars touch the posts (and they will) your chassis can heat up(and possibly create sparks) and there could be issues with battery consumption or deterioration of the chassis. if you do choose to run 4 cell, you may want to make a stick pack and shrink wrap them.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #807
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Aha OK.

I use 4cell stick packs provided by LRP because onlythey are allowed in there Rece Series.

These packs are about 90mm long so i think the Tamiya bodys will fit by using it in an FX10 Chassis, but why they do not fit on a Stock chassis? Because of the tub style shape?

How do the front and rear wings df the Tamiya Bodys fit the F10, and could you guys post pics of your cars?

Greetz Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #808
Tech Fanatic
 
silverhkswrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 988
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to silverhkswrx Send a message via Skype™ to silverhkswrx
Default

These packs are about 90mm long so i think the Tamiya bodys will fit by using it in an FX10 Chassis, but why they do not fit on a Stock chassis? Because of the tub style shape?
because the bodies are tapered in the end. there is very little space allowed. hence the need for small lipos. the team scream lipos are sized: The pack size is 18.5mm x 32mm x 87m. so with the exotek chassis and small battery mount, you should be good. height may be your only issue.

How do the front and rear wings df the Tamiya Bodys fit the F10, and could you guys post pics of your cars?

rear wing fits, front does not. it just bolts right up. f103 and f104 wings both.
__________________
SpeedPassion 17.5R powered TRF417X
My son owns: Team Associated RC18R2
(RC18B2 converted to a RC18R)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
silverhkswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #809
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,222
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post

rear wing fits, front does not. it just bolts right up. f103 and f104 wings both.
Actually the Tamiya wing DOES in fact fit the front. You need to line the rear hole up and put your screw in, then drill a hole for the front
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #810
Tech Adept
 
Missle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cinci, OH
Posts: 112
Default

Has anyone had a problem with the aluminum hubs bending? Mine's bent today after she hit the wall. I've been looking at the replacements and saw the new(er) #102917 BALL DIFF SET FOR FOAM WHEELS (95 TOOTH/64 PITCH) and was wondering if anyone has tried this in place of the stock? I really hate to spend ANOTHER $60 on just this part, but if I don't have a choice, oh well
Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 Formula 1 Car Forums kuanseng1981 Singapore R/C Racers 4449 07-25-2015 12:28 AM
HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum EVOLUTION Nitro On-Road 11979 06-26-2012 08:57 PM
How many RC's do you own???? Telengard Electric On-Road 127 02-22-2011 01:52 PM
You Know You're A Rc Maniac When.... Hulk Nitro On-Road 25 02-09-2010 11:23 AM
F1 Racing TimPotter Electric On-Road 501 05-29-2009 11:18 PM
GT Body Thread BlackKat Electric On-Road 11 03-08-2005 03:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net