Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI's new F1

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Go to HPI Europe's website and then click on the link for the Nurnberg International Toy Fair 2010 and then scroll down and you will find that HPI is going to release a Renault R39 and a Williams FW31 as complete cars with both being professionally painted and decaled for you. They look gorgeous!!
They will also offer them in unpainted versions as well. Hopefully all of these will be available here in the USA!

I sent HPI an email and requested they add the McLaren MP4-24 and the Red Bull RB5. Hopefully they will.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Go to HPI Europe's website and then click on the link for the Nurnberg International Toy Fair 2010 and then scroll down and you will find that HPI is going to release a Renault R39 and a Williams FW31 as complete cars with both being professionally painted and decaled for you. They look gorgeous!!
They will also offer them in unpainted versions as well. Hopefully all of these will be available here in the USA!

I sent HPI an email and requested they add the McLaren MP4-24 and the Red Bull RB5. Hopefully they will.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Are there any foam tires that fit this car and also people at my local track have been telling me not to get this car.Iis this car a good racing platform
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well HPI replied to my email to thank me for my interest and to say that nothing has yet been confirmed as to when these cars will be available and IF they will be available in the USA. They haven't decided yet if they will be "Europe only" or not. HPI apparently is unsure if there is enough interest here in the USA.

So, all of you F1 rc fans out there need to flood HPI with emails requesting that these cars and other F1's like the Red Bull, McLaren, Brawn, Ferrari be made available to the USA market!!! I already sent such an email this morning!

PLEASE don't just sit there, get out the word now!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

So where are all the HPI F10 fans?!! We need to follow my suggestion from my previous post and flood HPI with emails requesting the pre-painted and decaled Renault R39 and Williams FW31 be available here in the USA!!!

Also, ask for the McLaren MP4-24 and the Red Bull RB5 and the Brawn.

Come on guys, let's go!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

I can't believe that no one has replied to my posts regarding the F10 cars that are at the Nurnberg show!!!
Does no one care at all about bringing these cars/bodies to the USA?!!

I can't do this all by myself; I've emailed HPI and told them to expect more emails from other F10 racers here in the USA requesting these new cars and bodies but if no one bothers to follow up then it will be only me and nothing will likely happen!

I just don't get it. From talking to HPI I get the vibe from them that they will listen if enough people ask; so stop being apathetic and email them, PLEASE!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Don't worry Lotus, even if the F10 doesn't go stateside, there's plenty of shops this side of the pond that can supply them and the parts they need. The cars aren't even due for release till later in the year anyway, it's all to do with making licencing agreements. At the mo', they've got Williams and Renault, I think the Renault still has the ING logo on it in the photo I saw, but I'd expect that to be gone by release. They are negotiating with Ferrari too, which will be the more expensive deal no doubt. All I can say is to be patient and it will happen.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Tamiya already has the f60. And if you paint it right it could be a f10. I have the tamiya and the HPI and would like to see the others (Brawn/Merc ect.) in the states also. At the very least The bodies.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll send them an email for ya - only if they promise a Sauber body
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

Micro-E, I can't guarantee anything, but if you/we don't try then we have only ourselves to blame if HPI doesn't ship these latest versions fo the Formula 10 Stateside! So send them an email!

For those who may be confused; I'm not talking about the Ferrari F10 but the HPI Formula 10 rc F1 car which is the name of the chassis/car with different bodies. My bad, I shouldn't have referred to it as the F10
At the Nurnberg show they displayed the Formula 10 car with 2 new bodies that were pre-painted and decaled, a first for us F1 fans! They were the 2009 Renault R39 and the 2009 Williams FW31. Absoloutely gorgeous!!

However in communicating with HPI, they informed me that they haven't yet decided if they will make them available here in the USA (they may be Europe and Japan only releases) so what I'm trying to do is get as many of us rc F1 fans as possible to email HPI and tell them we want these car and bodies here in the USA. We need to show them that there is sufficent interest in F1 to warrant them selling here. And while I'm at it I requested they look into doing the 2009 McLaren, Red Bull, Brawn, etc. and yes Sauber too! although that would actually be the 2009 BMW.

So we can't afford to just set back and "not worry" because inactivity will probably result in HPI making the unfortunate decision to not sell those new bodies and cars here in the USA; they will assume we don't care, and that all we care about is either NASCAR or off-road. We need to show them we DO care about F1.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is the image of the new bodies from HPI Europe's website
http://www.hpieurope.com/showimage.p.../nurn10/1w.jpg

Old 02-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lotus - Email sent!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

Thanks for the pic IndyRC_Racer, that is exactly what I'm talkng about; aren't they beautiful! And like I said earlier, HPI has done all the painting and decaling for you!

Maybe now all can see why I'm so hot to get HPI to sell these here in the USA! And hopefully we can get them to do a Mclaren, Red Bull, Brawn, BMW, Ferrari. My 2 favorites are the Red Bull RB5 and the McLaren MP4-24

So send those emails to HPI! Trust me on this, it will make a difference!!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Micro-E, thanks for sending HPI an email. I really appreciate it!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

email sent to hpi

i've got to be honest though, there may have been more response to you if the car was actually competitive out of the box. typical of hpi, the original kit is affordable, but to make it work against other cars of the same class you need to spend a small fortune to make it work. i own one of these cars, not just an outsider making rude comments, i am not a newbie, been doing this competitively since 1980 ( that's right...1980). i also own a tamiya F103RM and a 3 racing F-109. both cars WORK right out of the box, with minimal setup work. you can't even put scale looking foams on the car without major expense.even with a 4 cell, silver can motor, ball diff, and a tiny pinion this car doesn't work on carpet. the racers at my track that bought them(myself included) are extremely dissapointed in this car, and are hoping that once the snow melts, we'll be lucky enough to find out that they work on asphalt and we can use the cars we spent our hard earned money on.
additionally, hpi's support of this car and the cup racer is worse than tamiya. they advertise new parts, claim they're available on their website, when you try to purchase them, not in stock. outside distributors like horizon or great plains, don't even have lisitings for the part numbers. i waited a total of 72 days before a cup racer body i ordered was actually available, yet hpi showed it available 2 weeks before i ordered it. in the end it took 3 months to get and the wheels that go with it are still not even listed going on 5 months now.
the only reason i got on the email wagon was these bodies should fit my 3 racing F-109 with minor modification, at the very least it should come with a complete decal sheet.
sorry for the rant, just very frustrated with hpi and their horrible support on these great looking cars they designed...shame they don't actually work as good as they look. i'm sure i'm gonna get flamed on this, but competitve racers are going to agree with me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.