R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #376
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
so what is the tire to use
As i worte above!

The cheepest way to increase the perfomance of the car are "nitro shoes"
26mm front and 30 mm rear. If you have no race regulations or run it only for fun then get those.

If your want the car stay reaistic, or in case of race regulation then buy a set of the "Bridgestone S compound" tires. These are the fastest rubber tires out till today.

Greetz Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:15 AM   #377
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
As i worte above!

The cheepest way to increase the perfomance of the car are "nitro shoes"
26mm front and 30 mm rear. If you have no race regulations or run it only for fun then get those.

If your want the car stay reaistic, or in case of race regulation then buy a set of the "Bridgestone S compound" tires. These are the fastest rubber tires out till today.

Greetz Blueman
oh ok cool ill try the Xspeed ones because there light weight
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #378
Tech Addict
 
flippz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

can anyone tell me how to get a set of foams on my car with out buying the diff/foam set.

what wheels will fit? what tires will fit on the rims?

i hate to sound dumb but i have never raced carpet before so i dont really know the equpment and or companys to look at or ask.

any info would be appriciated,thanks
__________________
RC8T-Werks B5-M11 Airtronics-B4.1
flippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #379
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Hy!

Anybody tried the Yeah Racing one pice motor mount, or the whole yeah racing conversion kit on his car?

http://rss.rcmart.com/2009/12/16/yea...n-new-arrival/

I dont know if its worth to get one ???

Any pics would be nice !!
Greetz Blueman !
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #380
Tech Fanatic
 
Ffejdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I don't have one of those conversions, or a Formula 10 kit yet, but here would be my take, from 25 years of pan car racing... Aluminum rear axle, BAD, VERY easy to bend, for not alot of weight savings, carbon or steel axle would be better, Aluminum front hubs, BAD, not sure on durability of Formula10's but metal front hubs like that just tend to transfer energy from board hits or crashes to other harder to replace or more expensive parts like the arms, or chassis itself, plus metal hubs tend to not hold the bearings as well or wear out where the bearing rides, and are more expensive to replace.
Metal body mount, BAD to me, they don't give or flex at all in a crash, if you flip the car they get ground down, and they wear the body mounting hole out quicker, plastic ones are lighter and hold up better, easier to replace.
The Tbars look good for tuning, most other parts are probably a wash, motor mount looks nice and is probably better than plastic, I would look for a multi part mount, vs. one piece, easier to straighten if bent or replace if need be...
Maybe pick and choose some parts, not the whole kit... JEFF
__________________
Ahhhh, I could'a got a falcon!

Last edited by Ffejdat; 12-21-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling...
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:48 AM   #381
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat View Post
I don't have one of those conversions, or a Formula 10 kit yet, but here would be my take, from 25 years of pan car racing... Aluminum rear axle, BAD, VERY easy to bend, for not alot of weight savings, carbon or steel axle would be better, Aluminum front hubs, BAD, not sure on durability of Formula10's but metal front hubs like that just tend to transfer energy from board hits or crashes to other harder to replace or more expensive parts like the arms, or chassis itself, plus metal hubs tend to not hold the bearings as well or wear out where the bearing rides, and are more expensive to replace.
Metal body mount, BAD to me, they don't give or flex at all in a crash, if you flip the car they get ground down, and they wear the body mounting hole out quicker, plastic ones are lighter and hold up better, easier to replace.
The Tbars look good for tuning, most other parts are probably a wash, motor mount looks nice and is probably better than plastic, I would look for a multi part mount, vs. one piece, easier to straighten if bent or replace if need be...
Maybe pick and choose some parts, not the whole kit... JEFF
Thx Jeff for your input!

The only thing i orderd is the one pice motor mount. I also think that the rest of the parts (exepting the T-Bars) are only good looking, but not very helpful for fast laptimes ...

Greetings Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #382
Tech Fanatic
 
swimbikerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 886
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Hy!

Anybody tried the Yeah Racing one pice motor mount, or the whole yeah racing conversion kit on his car?

http://rss.rcmart.com/2009/12/16/yea...n-new-arrival/

I dont know if its worth to get one ???

Any pics would be nice !!
Greetz Blueman !
Unless QA has improved in the last year I would stay away from 3Racing or Yeah Racing products. I think for bashing they are great but I have been less than impressed with the machining tolerances. You will end up shimming pieces here and there to make everything come together correct.
__________________
-Xray T4 '16/Xray X12 '16
-2010 Cincinnati Beer Mile Champion
swimbikerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:53 AM   #383
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Hy there!

First of all A merry Christmas from Austria !!!

Now my question. Has anyone tried nitro foam tires on the F10 (on carpet)?

Plan to try it in a open F1 race.....

Greetz Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:57 AM   #384
Tech Addict
 
flippz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I THINK IT S CRAZY I NOW HAVE TO INVEST $175.00 IN TO THE CAR TO GET FOAMS ON IT TO RUN CARPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if any one has figured a way to get foams on the car cheaper please let me know. i am getting ready to list the car for sale and will be buying an alternative car for this reason.
__________________
RC8T-Werks B5-M11 Airtronics-B4.1
flippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #385
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippz View Post
I THINK IT S CRAZY I NOW HAVE TO INVEST $175.00 IN TO THE CAR TO GET FOAMS ON IT TO RUN CARPET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how do you figure $175???
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #386
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Hy there!

I have found a new unused set of Nitro foam tires today and put them on my F10.

This are 26mm front and 30mm rear. Both 40shore.

So far i could see is there no problem to manage the ride height with these tires. with the rear axle in the middle it is abot 8mm with new tires front (measured under the wing 7mm).

I found it looks much better as i mentioned! If they work, than it is a very cheap alternative to the rubber tires.

Greetz Blueman

HPI's new F1-271220091043.jpg

HPI's new F1-271220091044.jpg

HPI's new F1-271220091045.jpg

HPI's new F1-271220091046.jpg

HPI's new F1-271220091047.jpg
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #387
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Will this battery fit in the car?
http://www.rcplanet.com/Reedy_5000mA...o_p/asc709.htm
fishymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #388
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymamba View Post
No! Only stick type Lipos or 4/6cell NIMH Paks fit the car.

Greetz Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #389
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
No! Only stick type Lipos or 4/6cell NIMH Paks fit the car.

Greetz Blueman
Is there some way I can grind the battery tray to fit this lipo?
fishymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #390
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishymamba View Post
Is there some way I can grind the battery tray to fit this lipo?
I dont think so! In that case there is no mod possible.
Look at the pics!

HPI's new F1-271220091048.jpg HPI's new F1-271220091049.jpg
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/10 Formula 1 Car Forums kuanseng1981 Singapore R/C Racers 4449 07-25-2015 12:28 AM
HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum EVOLUTION Nitro On-Road 11979 06-26-2012 08:57 PM
How many RC's do you own???? Telengard Electric On-Road 127 02-22-2011 01:52 PM
You Know You're A Rc Maniac When.... Hulk Nitro On-Road 25 02-09-2010 11:23 AM
F1 Racing TimPotter Electric On-Road 501 05-29-2009 11:18 PM
GT Body Thread BlackKat Electric On-Road 11 03-08-2005 03:56 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net