R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #31
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Man that seemed complicated. I'm planning on running the rs pro with either a 10.5 or a 17.5 on a Hpi cup racer when i get it all together. I'll most likely be racing it at Norcal so I'll just find Randy when its all ready, to help set it up.

Ryan
rai913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking Interesting Discussion

Hi All,

(1) I have been reading this thread with interest. I am currently researching the move from brushed, to LiPo with 10.5 Brushless.

(2) I have made a half step by setting up with LiPo (EP 5200) and really like the reduced maintenance compared to NiMHs.

(3) My next step is a brushless ESC+Motor. Fellow racers have told me to wait for the LRP SPX as it is specifically made for stock. However, I have always used TEKIN products and have taken an interest in the RS PRO discussions (I used to own a TEKIN G12c and G12c III in the mid-1990's and since starting racing again in the last two years own a TEKIN Fx Pro).

(4) I'm interested in a slightly more technical discussion of the capability changes in the latest TEKIN vs LRP ESCs, if thats not revieling any trade secrets (I'm a systems engineer and have a reasonable technical background). In particular, TEKIN RS and RS PRO vs LRP SPX and SXX. Bearing in mind that I may like to run 4.5T mod on some occassions (10.5T predominantely).

(5) I'm after very good reliability, so I'm curious how the BL ESC+Motor reliability compares to a brushed setup reliability (which I have found to be very good).

(5) I do have a laptop which I can take to the track, but I would not want to make this a permanent arrangement. I'm assuming that once I get the technical parameters setup for my local track, I will not have to bring the laptop thereafter. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance
cosmo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #33
Team Tekin

The short story is we can match and typically improve on anything that any other speedo can do. We have massive micro power and the ability to update the units. Blue does have a new trick up their sleeve for high turn motors that we will match and improve on if it proves to actually provide a benefit on the track. Jury is still out and it must be balanced with the possibility of causing other problems.

Stock is suppose to be a fair race class and low cost. Although that has never really been true that is the goal. This is a major revolution in RC now that BL is taking over and here to stay. As we all push the limits we will all find about the same ceiling of performance limited by the motor.

We offer small size, lots of features, updates, great customer service and excellent reliability. We consider ourselves second to none and better than most. If we ever are second we will not be for long because we are enguneeeers and that is what we do.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Ricky/C

IF this was an election, I'd vote Tekin haha

www.oneten.co.za >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Home of RC in SA
Ricky/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Thanks for the feedback I purchased the RS pro and hotwire today
You made the right choice 'Dawg! How you doing bro? Long time....You still have a firm grasp on my nuts? Setup nuts that is.....
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21 View Post
You made the right choice 'Dawg! How you doing bro? Long time....You still have a firm grasp on my nuts? Setup nuts that is.....

Holy sh!t your still alive it's nice to hear from you and yes I still ahve youe set-ups nuts from years past sorry I'll get you new ones
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin View Post
The short story is we can match and typically improve on anything that any other speedo can do. We have massive micro power and the ability to update the units. Blue does have a new trick up their sleeve for high turn motors that we will match and improve on if it proves to actually provide a benefit on the track. Jury is still out and it must be balanced with the possibility of causing other problems.

Stock is suppose to be a fair race class and low cost. Although that has never really been true that is the goal. This is a major revolution in RC now that BL is taking over and here to stay. As we all push the limits we will all find about the same ceiling of performance limited by the motor.

We offer small size, lots of features, updates, great customer service and excellent reliability. We consider ourselves second to none and better than most. If we ever are second we will not be for long because we are enguneeeers and that is what we do.

Tekin Prez
(1) So if blue comes up with a new or improved function they would be required to release a new version of the device. Whereas, Tekin would provide an updated firmware image (software in silicon), and let the customer download it themselves as they see fit. The firmware download path works as long as the hardware is flexible enough to accomodate any function changes in firmware - I guess when this no longer applies it will well and truely time for a new model.

(2) So if the functionality of the speedies converge over time, the motors will be the limiting factor (as you stated). So is there much difference between each manufacturers (10.5T & 4.5T) motors and in particular Tekin's (of course).

(3) I live in Australia. What service can you promise your Australian customers in the unlikely event that something goes wrong with a Tekin product?

Thanks for the encouraging words on your product.
cosmo1974 is offline   Reply With Quote