Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tigermoth LCG V10 >

Tigermoth LCG V10

Tigermoth LCG V10

Old 06-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
Myself and a co-worker were giving this design a lot of consideration and the only thing we could come up with was that the cams that actuate the shocks have un-equal length arms so that the shock compresses more than the upstroke of the arm. The shock floats on those pivot points and rotates as the arm goes up while the cam is compressing it. Would love to see a video of it in full travel to verify...
^ this.

this car has a lot of cool features, the carbon fiber / styrene chassis is way trick.

the upper arm design is super simple looking, but also looks extremely easy to adjust camber and caster. if you look closely at the suspension pics, you can see that opposite of each ball end is the end of a set screw. I'd bet that you adjust camber with the middle screw, and caster with the outer two.

i would LOVE to get my hands on one of these just for the engineering / design of it.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LCG Questions

To answer some previously asked questions about the LCG V10 sedan:

-Q:How protected are the shocks & rockers in impact?
-A: we have never broken ether in testing or racing. We have implimented a super wide lower bumper in combination with a high density foam bumper that protects all the internal components very well.

-Q: How do you adjust the camber & castor?
-A: Both angles adjust by moving the ball joints on the arms on their setscrws. We recommend setting your castor angle first and then the camber as the castor is usually more radical and will change the camber some. Then just recheck the castor again.

-Q:What keeps the bulkheads from twisting as they only mount to the chasis with one m4 screw?
-A: When using the upright suspension, the shock tower locks them together and in alignment. When using the laydown suspension, the short top plate locks them together and in alignment.

-Q: How does the ride height adjust?
-A: The same as any other touring car with the shock collars. You can also use the turnbuckles on the rockers to do the same.

-Q: What other manufacturs parts are used?
-A: Team Associated front knuckles, diff parts, Traxxas Ball joints, HPI belts.

-Q: What is the parts availability?
-A: We manufacture all Tigermoth Racing parts in house, keep them in stock and have the ability to make parts to order if we are out of stock. All parts made by other manufacturers are redily available and will be phased out and replaced by parts made by Tigermoth Racing. The parts list is included in the assembly manual and orders are taken via phone. We will be posting a parts page on our website for online ordering convenience.

Chris
Tigermoth Racing LLC.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Where is the anti-rollbars?

Was wondering what shocks can be used? What about springs with the laydown layout, how hard should they be? Can the springs stiffness be adjusted some other way with laydown suspension?

and the last question, how does the chassis look without the Lipo cell in it? Can it have 5-6 NiMH cells? how are the strapped onto the chassis?
Old 06-08-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whats with the Associated looking (crappy) shocks?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The shocks look just fine to me. The cosmetic appearance of the shocks is a frivolous matter anyway. What should be important are the quality of the components and overall durability.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
The shocks look just fine to me. The cosmetic appearance of the shocks is a frivolous matter anyway. What should be important are the quality of the components and overall durability.
Cosmetic? LOL
I'm talking about not being Hard Anodized and no bladder caps.
I'd guarantee the FUNCTIONALITY!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Well they sell Tamiya shocks right under which type of suspension you wish, thats why i ask. And what springs shold be used? i guess the springs you use on normal cars, are not good enough for the laydown shock setup...
Old 06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Foodie
Well they sell Tamiya shocks right under which type of suspension you wish, thats why i ask. And what springs shold be used? i guess the springs you use on normal cars, are not good enough for the laydown shock setup...
Really !? Sorry I didn't see that ! Tamiya or Kyosho anyways.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Cosmetic? LOL
I'm talking about not being Hard Anodized and no bladder caps.
I'd guarantee the FUNCTIONALITY!
Have you seen the XRAY 009 shocks? The only aluminum pieces on the XRAY 009 shocks are the cap and adjuster nut.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Really !? Sorry I didn't see that ! Tamiya or Kyosho anyways.
Have you seen the XRAY 009 shocks? The only aluminum pieces on the XRAY 009 shocks are the cap and adjuster nut.
I said nothing about X-Ray....
Old 06-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

So what? My point is that there are other manufacturers whom do not utilize full aluminum shock components. The bit of plastic on those shocks is a non-issue anyway since we have the freedom to choose from just about any 1/10th shock.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Manual?

Do you have the manual for the car available anywhere yet in electronic form?
Old 06-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tigermoth Racing
To answer some previously asked questions about the LCG V10 sedan:

-Q:How protected are the shocks & rockers in impact?
-A: we have never broken ether in testing or racing. We have implimented a super wide lower bumper in combination with a high density foam bumper that protects all the internal components very well.

-Q: How do you adjust the camber & castor?
-A: Both angles adjust by moving the ball joints on the arms on their setscrws. We recommend setting your castor angle first and then the camber as the castor is usually more radical and will change the camber some. Then just recheck the castor again.

-Q:What keeps the bulkheads from twisting as they only mount to the chasis with one m4 screw?
-A: When using the upright suspension, the shock tower locks them together and in alignment. When using the laydown suspension, the short top plate locks them together and in alignment.

-Q: How does the ride height adjust?
-A: The same as any other touring car with the shock collars. You can also use the turnbuckles on the rockers to do the same.

-Q: What other manufacturs parts are used?
-A: Team Associated front knuckles, diff parts, Traxxas Ball joints, HPI belts.

-Q: What is the parts availability?
-A: We manufacture all Tigermoth Racing parts in house, keep them in stock and have the ability to make parts to order if we are out of stock. All parts made by other manufacturers are redily available and will be phased out and replaced by parts made by Tigermoth Racing. The parts list is included in the assembly manual and orders are taken via phone. We will be posting a parts page on our website for online ordering convenience.

Chris
Tigermoth Racing LLC.
Looking at the layout wouldnt you think that pillow ball type knuckles and uprights would make it more versatile and allow easier adjustment for camber and rear toe.
looks like it would or could work with the current a-arm design.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

So what? My point is that there are other manufacturers whom do not utilize full aluminum shock components. The bit of plastic on those shocks is a non-issue anyway since we have the freedom to choose from just about any 1/10th shock.
Settle down Mate!
I know what I like okay.
And I'm anal.
It matters to me...
Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RussB
^ this.

this car has a lot of cool features, the carbon fiber / styrene chassis is way trick.

the upper arm design is super simple looking, but also looks extremely easy to adjust camber and caster. if you look closely at the suspension pics, you can see that opposite of each ball end is the end of a set screw. I'd bet that you adjust camber with the middle screw, and caster with the outer two.

i would LOVE to get my hands on one of these just for the engineering / design of it.
Reading through this a 2nd time, it makes a lot of sense and is definately a neat idea

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.