R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Link for this as I did not see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAu View Post
If you look on the Tigermoth site today you'll see a pic of alloy rear hubs they have developed and will probably have for sale soon...
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://tigermothracing.com/first_3.html

at the bottom of the page

Don't mistake not being happy for unhappiness - its not the same thing
ShadowAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #183
Tech Rookie

We know we have been slow getting stats and perfomance reviews out to you guys. We have been dissapointed with some of our advertisers services and are working to fix these problems. As a small company growing in every direction at once and focusing on keeping our quality top notch, we are mostly focused on our manufacturing and design technologies right now.

We did have a few minor issues with one of the plastics we were using on a few components. These issues only surfaced after heavy long runs with the low turn mod motors and have been resolved by design revision and change of materials. We are even offering free upgrades to the new pulleys for customers who have problems with the original equipment.
Our focus is to make sure our platform is the best in every situation with a huge variety of drivers before we start battling the giants in the industry in ads and in person. As a company this is an important time as we dicide exactly what our focus is going to be as we release more products.

Addressing the frayed belt problem: Our testing has shown this only as a result of a stripped pully on the original run of cars. With the new Nylon pulleys, we have found no fraying taking place. We recommend replacing the belts if they are worn when you upgrade the pulleys. Also note that the belt width is being increased slightly for less deflection at speed.
Tigermoth Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:41 AM   #184
Tech Master

Finally got LCG V10 onto the track today and I have to say I am mightily impressed... with just the base setup,Tamiya yellow springs all round, and Sorex 36R's the car was fast from the first pull of the trigger... just a tiny hint of high speed under steer but that should be easy to dial out... easily as fast the Schumacher its replacing...

here is a pic just before it hit the track...
Attached Thumbnails
Tigermoth LCG V10-100_3842_1.jpg  

Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #185
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to nomaak

now thats more like it!!!!! thnx shadowAu
nomaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #186
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaak View Post
now thats more like it!!!!! thnx shadowAu
If the rain stays away I'll be racing it tonight so will have a bit more to compare it too

It also only took 15 grams of lead to balance the car side to side and it easily meets the 1425g weight limit we have here for Lipo cars

Last edited by ShadowAu; 11-06-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: I have a headache
Old 11-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #187
Tech Master

Well the LCG has had its first meeting and its simply AWESOME...

4 wins from 5 starts (and the 1 2nd place was due to driver error) against a field of Mi4's, Mi3's and XRays...

No issues with the car at all... didn't have to touch the setup other than keep an eye on ride height

Old 11-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #188
Tech Elite

Good to hear. Are you the local fast guy? It would be nice to compare lap times to your fellow racers.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #189
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Good to hear. Are you the local fast guy? It would be nice to compare lap times to your fellow racers.
I am one of 2 guys that are running at the front most of the time... I am a bit more consistent with my lap times... but thats helped by car that handles really well...

The track is on the equivalent of 2 basketball courts and comes out to about 260 meters in lap length... for its size its a fast layout, with a main straight about 25 meters, some tight hairpins but also a couple of fast left-right combinations... some large-ish bumps where there are joins in the surface... there is also a surface change which affects about half the lap and is definitely more slippery than the rest (the club is working on changing that)... we race TC's with 17.5BL and 540 as well as M-Chassis and occasionally pull start nitro... tires are rubber, usually Sorex 36R, though some use Muchmore 36R... no one bothers with traction compound as it doesn't seem to make a huge difference... there is no real track prep other than blowing the dust off...

Currently, a good race time with 17.5 is around 23 laps in 6 minutes, averaging about 15.5sec per lap... I do that fairly consistently... the other fast driver manages 22-23... the next level is around 21-22...

So far I am finding the LCG is easily equal in speed to other cars I owned (and it shouldn't really be slower as modern TC's are all pretty close) but its very consistent over a race distance, seems very easy on the tires without an appreciable difference in feeling as the tire or track temp changes... it has a lot of turn in and is easy to point into the apex of the turn... it also has a very good aggressive change of direction feel... you can get back on the power early but its not so aggressive that the rear end is loose under power... It does have a little high-speed understeer, but it didn't seem to affect lap speed compared to the other cars, and perhaps using a more aggressive body like a Mazda 6 might alleviate that... It held setup VERY well and the only thing I had to keep an eye on was ride-height... it also held up to a couple of good impacts without damage...

It does have a couple of areas that I will keep an eye on...
1) I think the belts are too long and as they stretch I think they will start to slip and there won't be enough adjustment to deal with it... I think running the spool (as I am) makes the belt tension a bit more obvious..
2) The Batteries can move around a bit much and can move across and rub on the belt pulleys on the layshaft... doesn't seem to damage the pulleys but cuts into the cases on the batteries... it probably needs a couple more guides to make sure the battery can't rub there...

Last edited by ShadowAu; 11-09-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:09 AM   #190
Tech Elite

Very good information. Thanks as I enjoyed reading your post.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #191
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default picture?

can you post some pictures of lcg v10 with UPRIGHT SHOCKS?
Phat-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #192
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat-Boy View Post
can you post some pictures of lcg v10 with UPRIGHT SHOCKS?
Did you read ANY of the other pages in this thread?... heaps of pics of the upright shock car on page 12

Old 11-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #193
Tech Rookie

Hello again

Well, i have a problem now and is that i have change front diff by the friction diff spool and i have notice that there is a game on the both diff that makes it move laterally, both, front and rear i dont know if there is another like me with this problem and how can i fix it

Iknow that they have change the outdrives as they say at the page, but with these old ones i have to use new blades on every battery,specifically the front right i allways lose it,so much so that the axle pin has damage a little the out drive

somebody can help me with this?

Thank you!
Mankalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #194
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankalas View Post
Hello again

Well, i have a problem now and is that i have change front diff by the friction diff spool and i have notice that there is a game on the both diff that makes it move laterally, both, front and rear i dont know if there is another like me with this problem and how can i fix it

Iknow that they have change the outdrives as they say at the page, but with these old ones i have to use new blades on every battery,specifically the front right i allways lose it,so much so that the axle pin has damage a little the out drive

somebody can help me with this?

Thank you!
I am not sure what you mean by game but I think you actually mean play...

Fitting the spool shouldn't make any difference as it replaces the original diff pulley and balls... you still need to use the rest of the diff parts- plates and thrust bearing... if you are getting a lot of movement I would be checking bearings etc...

I haven't run a mod in mine yet, so I am not sure how things are going to wear... but so far with a 17.5 there has been little wear in anything... I am not actually sure how you could lose a drive shaft blade as they are too thick to bend and need to be assembled with the drive shaft pin and grub screw... perhaps the grub screw is coming loose and allowing the pin to move?

Old 11-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #195
Tech Rookie

Hello,

the movement happens on both diffs from the beggining, but the problem is that the pin is on the edge of the shaft, with a loose diff theres no problem, but it is when you use the spool it just breaks.

i dont know if i have to use wider diff rings but they dont have them on the page and it is not incuded with the spool

I mount them as the manual said with all the pieces, the blades fit the pins perfect with no play at all

anyone?
Mankalas is offline   Reply With Quote