Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which radio???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default Which radio???

Hello, I decided I want to get a digital radio. I roughly have a $100 to spend and I am looking at a Futaba 2PL and a Aitronics MX3. Which one of these is the best?!?!

Aaron
Old 12-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Which radio???

Originally posted by lazyeh
Hello, I decided I want to get a digital radio. I roughly have a $100 to spend and I am looking at a Futaba 2PL and a Aitronics MX3. Which one of these is the best?!?!

Aaron
I have a MX-3 and am very happy with it. Try holding them both and see which is more comfortable.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

You need to speed the extra money and get the m-8 or the 3pk. I have a 3pk. Look at it this way you spend the money once and you will never have to do it again. When you buy cheap electronics. They always break. Do it right the first time.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I'll second that one. If you can't afford it now. Get something cheap and used. Then, save the money for the 3pk later.

3pk rocks though. I've had the M8, XS3, and now the 3pk. Very comfortable. The KO Helios looks pretty sweet and feels very comfortable as well.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Save up

this one old guy once told me at the track... dont bother buying the cheap stuff.. because you'll buy the better stuff later anyways. so you'll just spend twice.

so with that in mind. save your money and save up for one of the top of the line radios.

I have the Ko Propo Helios. VERY VERY Comfortable with extension with the wheel tilted.

there are other great radios out there... just save up..and hold them, see which one is more comfortable.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

do better radios actually help control the car better?
better response etc...?
ive got a 2phka and i might be thinking of upgrading if so.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

If you don't mind buying a used radio, go check out Trade/Sell Forum, or ebay. U could always find cheap price and nice stuffs there. Like the EXI selling for 145