Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Chris Tosolini

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

To add on to TurboJoe maybe he wasn't in best of mood and accidently took it out on you bcuz of a bad performance in a race???
Old 12-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Chris,

Do you have experience with those Yokomo S-World 8 turn motors? Any tuning tips for those? Starting gear ratio for a big track? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Hi Chris,

Do you have experience with those Yokomo S-World 8 turn motors? Any tuning tips for those? Starting gear ratio for a big track? Thanks.
wah, mr tan u getting ready to kick some asses??
Old 12-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
Would this chassis be the one you may be coming out with? Is it the same layout as the stock one or is it more like the rayspeed one? A foam tire setup would be a great help. Heck any setups are a great help...lol

Jeff
I was going to come out with it bu tnow the new molded chassis is coming out so now we will wait and see. but we will do the 12 th I think
Old 12-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by GeorgePravata
there are no ladies in here because you need me to call you! REMEMBER!!!!!!!! Whats up drop me a line or i'll call you.
OKOKOKOK I suck pm me the number and now I rember it is also at yokomo.
later Tosolini
Old 12-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by stefan
Damn, I hope not

Where I live this man is known as "Chris Facility" thanks to the JLap program.

Remember that Chris?
Hey Im glad your still racing. got to go ... by..
Old 12-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JWATT
Chris, wish you could make the Tulsa race. Really enjoyed meeting you last spring in Tulsa. My son Chris and I really appreciate the help you gave us on setting the car up.

PS we have upgraded to better radios (KO), it did make a difference!

Again, wish you could make it, Skippy was REALLY looking forward to partying with ya!

John Watt
sorry not going to make it, It was just not posible with other things around the holidays
Old 12-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

Chris would you be able to make it to the Novak race at Trackside???
I think so, pretty sure
Old 12-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Hi Chris,

18% tim,and quzar brush,and reedy spring mod.
gear what car
Old 12-09-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Angry Long reply

Originally posted by Suradaj
At a race one day I asked Chris Tosolini if I could take a picture with him and his reply, "what for?" What a loser. He was cool before. Same day Mike Swager, Barry Baker, Jimmy Jacobson, and other top drivers where all happy to take pictures. Saw him last at the TAMIYA Nationals talking with some friends of mine From RedLine Motors.
Ye know what? I actually read your post last night and wanted to see how Chris was going to handle this. I was going to jump in and answer this for him but decided he should be allowed the chance to defend himself especially when you called him a "Loser!".

Let me just start with my $.02 and go from there. Also, please bare in mind I don't know you so there's no need for me to judge your character or your experience so....

First off, have you any idea how hard it is to make a living driving R/C cars? Do you have any idea at all that these PRO Driver rely on the company they drive for to financially support their family just like you and I? depending on your occupation might it be ultra wealthy or working part time at a burger house flipping burgers, have you ever had a day or been pressured to perform more than you were expected? please place yourself in Chris Tosolini's shoe and view it from that angle.

Now, lets look at this from a the Driver's perspective shall we? Each and every factory driver is required to stay competitive during a big race. (In your other post I've read awhile back, you said the last REEDY RACE was when you meet Chris). Not only are they expected to win by the factory, they are also expected to stay focus throughout the race and still remain friendly enough to have a smile on their face whether they TQ or fall back into F-main. Bare in mind that Chris drives for Yokomo and there might be no more than 2 to three facotry drivers running for Yokomo while AE has 15 drivers all running a different set-up and Team Losi doing exactly the same until one of the drivers finds the ultimate set-up for that track and everybody in the team goes to that set-up. Sounds complicated and it really is. Then, factor in the motors, batteries, and all the other stuff the driver has to worry about to stay just competitive to the next PRO Driver from a different Factory. Considering that some High priced driver brings along his mechanics to wrench on their car and blame them if the car is not reacting correctly during THAT Big Race. Now understand this, Chris most likely is a one man Team and is expected to win just like all the others and yet, he wasn't haven't any luck with his motor and was blowing up during each qualifying without finishing the race (Last Reedy Race at Tamiya), he gets place way back on the list. Then, he maybe struggling to find a correct set-up because nobody else was running this type of car (Yokomo SD beside Masami who has his dad to help as a mechanic). Now again, he is trying hard just to make the car work and along comes a guy carrying a digicam and start asking all sorts of questions while he's trying to figure out how to tune and set-up his car so he can run more efficiently and at least climb back up to the charts. Then, assuming this guy (YOU), ask him to take a picture which he might have misinterpret thinking you wanted to take pictures of his prototype parts which he was specifically given instructions by the Factory to not allow that, so he asks you politely "What for?". You then get all bent out of shape because you simply cannot accept the fact that and lets ASSUME:

1. he was struggling trying to fix the car/motor issue
2. he might of thought you wanted to take a picture of his prototype parts which is was not allow to show YET! per factory
3. he was having a hard time at THAT particular race
4. his factory sponsor was pressuring him to perform exceptionally well to show how fast the car was. (new car in the market!)
5. he just had another guy approach him before you did and was cursed at because the guy happens to like another company's car and decided to bash him for whatever the reasons,
6. he was not feeling happy at his own performance

I'm not sayin these are what happened. Just what the scenerio might be. He also said in his reply to you that he was "Sorry" so I hope you feel the need to apologize to him, but hey!, that's just my suggestion.

Balls in your court dude!

again, my $.02 cents fwiw

Dan
Old 12-10-2003, 12:03 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Hmm, remind me never to upset Dan.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by futureal
Hmm, remind me never to upset Dan.
my kids always say I "nagged". LOL

Dan
Old 12-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Tech Addict

maj. teeth:

by gones be by gones. suradaj was just upset that a factory driver wouldnt take a picture. understandable. chris could have had a bad day. understandable. But he is man enough (and cool enough) to say sorry.

we were not there so we cant say who is right or who is wrong. one thing is for sure is if i ever met a driver i looked up to, say m schumacher :-), asked for a picture but got dismissed i may not look at him as favorably as i did before.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Suradaj

build a bridge!

they might be the best in the world but there still human
Old 12-10-2003, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It doesn't even sound like he got "dismissed" to me, at least from what he posted. I've been in Chris' shoes before and I've had people say I was short with them or didn't have time for them at a race or a show (disclaimer: not r/c-related)... sometimes you need to have a little patience.

Maybe he was too busy at that moment, or maybe he really didn't immediately understand what you wanted. It happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.