Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Modena AL
eBoi - Check your input shafts and make sure they aren't bent. Take the motor out of the gear mess and turn the spur gear slowly to see if the diffs will bind up at a certain point. If they do, the input shafts are bent and need to be replaced. Mine made one hell of a noise, and replacing the bent shafts with new ones fixed it all up and its good as new.

Also you may want to space the diffs differently in the diff case by adding or removing shims that sit under the big diff bearings.

Hope this helps.
where are the input shafts? the last tiem i ran my car was like 5 months ago!
Old 03-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

in your diff case you will have the diff, which is the big gear, and another smaller gear. The smaller gear is attached to the input shaft. In the rear the input shaft will also have the spur gear on it and a drive cup on it that hold the driveshaft, and the input shaft in the front will just have the small gear and the drive cup on it.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

BTW I like your avatar!
Old 03-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Tony: You ever try White Lightening on the diff gears? Is the Losi White grease the stuff they put on the diffs or on the thrust bearings>

eBoi: Check the pinion to spur mesh. If its too far apart the gears make a lot of racket.

cantbestopped44: If you're just starting out, get the TC3. Any of the belt drives that don't have sealed drive trains are trouble waiting to happen in the street or parking lot. You'll spend a lot less time turning wrenches with the TC3 than with the T1. AE parts are easy to get - try getting a T1 (or Yokomo) belt from your LHS on a Saturday night before Sunday's races. Save the extra bucks that you'd spend on the factory kit and buy yourself a decent FM radio. Like Modena says, get the Novak.

By the way, belts suck.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:04 AM
dw
Tech Adept

steer clear of M-Troniks.
They are a small uk company.
They have a reputatuion for reliability and interference problems.
There high end speedos are also ridiculously expensive.
Go with Novak/ LRP/GM. Tekin's good to but you won't
be abe to get it serviced,
Old 03-08-2002, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Are ti hinge pins and turnbuckles unbreakable or don't bend?
If so at least not as much as steel ones?

My cheap AM radios completely gone this week and my car head on collided with track seperator at lightening speed.
I was practicing with modified.

Steering turnbuckle snapped off in half.

BTW hitec 5925 is very strong. It withstood that crash.

Way to go metal gear servo!

I ordered M8 and am crossing my fingers it doesn't cause too much glitching problem.

I guess I also need to solder more capacitors on the motor even though it has capacitors already surface mounted.
Old 03-08-2002, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

rcruv - I use drill blanks as hinge pins. They are much straighter than the std pins and won't bend. However, they can shear off in a hard crash.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

I use the BRP polished steel pins. They are dirt cheap ($5 a set) and they NEVER bend!
Old 03-08-2002, 10:21 AM
Regional Moderator

I use the BRP polished steel pins. They are dirt cheap ($5 a set) and they NEVER bend!
do you have some in stock Alan?
Old 03-08-2002, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

We don't have any instock right now, but I can order them for you next time im there. Don't know if they will be here before they next race, but I have a full set in my parts box if you want to buy them if they don't get here in time.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:06 AM
Regional Moderator

We don't have any instock right now, but I can order them for you next time im there. Don't know if they will be here before they next race, but I have a full set in my parts box if you want to buy them if they don't get here in time.
the set in your box are they like new, new. I might take you up on it.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

They are brand new and have never been used. I bought 5 sets of them cause I wanted to have spares incase they bent....which they haven't done so yet .
Old 03-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Regional Moderator

cool, I'll buy a set from you next time I see you at the track
Old 03-08-2002, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by yokomojo
Tony: You ever try White Lightening on the diff gears? Is the Losi White grease the stuff they put on the diffs or on the thrust bearings>....
Ya, awhile ago. It works ok but I'm not too fond of that stuff flaking around inside the diff cases. It's probably ok but it wierds me out for some reason.

The Losi White Grease isn't (normally) used on the TC3 at all. The thrust bearings use the AE black and the diff uses the AE clear.

Just put a little on the pinion and diff gear (in the diff case), close it up, and run it. It will quiet it down pretty dramatically.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Opinion.......Who makes the best ride height guage......I saw one that had 1/2 mm. increments....but didnt see who made it........got a part #...and, does it come in blue???? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.