Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Associated makes a special dual fan unit for their TC4. Product #31037. I was wondering if the unit for the TC4 also fits the TC3? Anyone know?

They are a little pricey at $26.00 compared to like an Integy, but a nice option for sure. I hope they will work on a TC3, but I don't want to buy one before I know.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TC3 one way ??

Anybody know where I can find a one-way for a TC3 ???

I'm desperate for one

Thx
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamGoodwrench
Anybody know where I can find a one-way for a TC3 ???

I'm desperate for one

Thx
95% sure I saw one on eBay last night browsing TC3 parts.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
95% sure I saw one on eBay last night browsing TC3 parts.
I was just looking there and I sure can't find it... unless I'm searching the wrong way.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

I'll see if I can find it. Maybe I'm imagining it...if so, sorry!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
Associated makes a special dual fan unit for their TC4. Product #31037. I was wondering if the unit for the TC4 also fits the TC3? Anyone know?

They are a little pricey at $26.00 compared to like an Integy, but a nice option for sure. I hope they will work on a TC3, but I don't want to buy one before I know.

it wont fit the TC3 without modifing the chassis, you will need to drill 4 holes and cut 2 slots, easy mod with a dremel.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-31090_lg.jpg  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am trying to build my TC3 for VTA use, and I was really surprised after getting the electrics in and everything ready to balance just how far off the front LH wheel is from the rest of the car? I have about 300g on ea. of the rear wheels, with motor in.. and no battery in place. on the front I have about 320 on RH side and 190 on the LEFT.. WHATS with that???

James
Old 12-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
I am trying to build my TC3 for VTA use, and I was really surprised after getting the electrics in and everything ready to balance just how far off the front LH wheel is from the rest of the car? I have about 300g on ea. of the rear wheels, with motor in.. and no battery in place. on the front I have about 320 on RH side and 190 on the LEFT.. WHATS with that???

James
No battery in the car, put your lipo in the center of the battery tray (side to side) and check again. Should be much closer then.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

The point of saying that the battery was not in.. was saying that that the rear of the car is fairly balanced without the battery in.

In fact the battery in makes it worse. SO upfront on the non-servo side LH - its out by 150g - wow.... I can load lead on the front corner of the chassis but that will add weight over all and not specific to that corner.

Guess I am wondering if I should rebuild it again. If its common for this car to be out on that corner.. ????

James

Originally Posted by SS LS1
No battery in the car, put your lipo in the center of the battery tray (side to side) and check again. Should be much closer then.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

measuring corner weights without the battery in it is completely and entirely irrelevant. The car should be prepped exactly as it's going to be raced when you measure it.

make sure the suspension isn't bound up (take shocks off, all four corners should easily flop when you turn car upside down and backside up). Make sure that the droop screws are not artificially compressing one or more corners of the suspension (none of them should be touching at ride height). for initial measurements, use a caliper to set the distance of the spring collars equally L/R on each shock (example, if LR spring collar is 3.4mm down the shock body, set the RR spring collar to the same spot).

then, measure all four corners and post those weights up. use a four corner calculator to see where you are at, I like the one here:

http://robrobinette.com/corner_weight_calc.htm

its normal for the weight to not be perfect. If you need to add lead to meet the minimum weight requirements, you can choose to add it wherever it best balances the car; once you are up to race minimum legal weight, use the spring collars to zero out your cross weight. in my experience it's entirely normal to have 40-50g difference between corners, and very minor changes to the shock collars (half a turn or a turn) will bring you to zero cross weight.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As far as the TC3 corner weights being off, sounds like something is tweaked.

- If it is a used tub chassis, they can become tweaked partially due to heat from the motor (which may be why the motor mount was changed on the TC4).
- Check to make sure that all of the shocks are the same length, as a shorter shock could create an issue.
- Back out the droop screws to make sure that one is not affecting the ride height.
- Double check that there are no broken parts, bent camber links, binding ball cups. Check to make sure a-arms are the same height on both sides of car. Basically confirm that everything is assembled correctly.

Since the TC3 was designed for heavier batteries, I would expect the left side to be a little light even with a lipo installed. When I was running my TC3 in VTA I took a C-cell battery sized piece of white PVC pipe, used as a battery spacer, and put enought weight inside of it to balance the car.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for the suspension suggestions fellows. I will go through it and remeasure.

James
Old 12-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just bought a tc3 today, were is a good place to buy parts?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bo duke
just bought a tc3 today, were is a good place to buy parts?
Try Ebay, Search TC3 under toys and hobbies
Old 12-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im comparing the tc3 and the tc4 I bought and im not seeing much diiference. I see the chassis is different in the two and a arms but is there anything else. im a complete noob .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.