Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Verry- Verry nice to see Jan!!!

What a preformance out of that car
Old 09-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey do you guys know if the tc3 out drives will fit the tc4?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jan van Steeg
TC3 is still unbeatable
TC3, they still have to follow it
do you hear it?
try to follow
TC3, dutch national stock champion 2006

haha.. Congratulation Jan..

...The Stock class saw Jan van Steeg on pole with a vintage Asso TC3 ahead of Vasco Christiaanse and Richard Oversloot with an FK05.
...The Stock finals were hectic with Jan van Steeg taking the two wins,..

vintage is nice word..

post your winning car please, are you using stock chassis?

Podium at Dutch Nats
Stock 19T:

1. Jan van Steeg ... TC3
2. Steven Koiter XRAY T2
3. Richard Oversloot XRAY FK’05
4. Patrick van der Knaap XRAY T2
5. Joost van Leeuwen XRAY T2
6. Vasco Christiaanse
7. Gerd de Vries
Old 09-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CSeils
What can I do to correct my car from pushing? I "think" I know what to do but I wanted to check to see if I'm right. I can go down the straight at full throttle into a right hand sweeper and the car just doesn't want to turn.

My set up now is:
Front - 50w, blue spring, 4 mm droop, shock mounts outside holes,

Rear - 30w, silver spring, 5.5 mm droop, shock mount middle hole,

Any comments and ideas are welcome, thanks.
What caster are you running? Russ changed my caster from 0 deg to 4deg and changed both antidive (f-0) and antisquat(r-2-0) for a 100% improvement. try your setup in addition to this and see what you get. If you end up with too much steering, you can change the spring or the shock position to compensate.

I just got back from the IIC in vegas. the traction never came up over there so my car pushed like mad. If the traction at trackside is as low as I am thinking, that may be another reason for your pushing.

You're still faster than me

Last edited by Ridge_Racer; 09-27-2006 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TC3 Push Corrections

I did not see whether you were running asphalt or foams. I assume asphalt. I have a very loose very well turning TC3 and here are some of my set-up conditions.

(1) tires are major factor. RP-30 in most conditions is a good base point. I live in temperate conditions (West Virginia in summer/fall).
(2) you need enough ride height, say 6mm
(3) you need enough turn-in. Say 1 degree toe in, 4 degree caster blocks, 2 degree kickup (6 degree caster total!)
(4) batteries to the front (BMI chassis, not sure you can do the same)
(5) plenty of droop, your set-up sounds ok
(6) softest springs possible for good traction. I run silver front green rear. You may have yours too stiff for asphalt.
(7) shock action fast enough (assuming you have any bumpyness on your track) - I am running 20 wt all around but our track has a lot of little bumps and also this helps the shock rebound (droop) to work - with heavy weight oil the car droops too slow and it picks a wheel and spins out sometimes
(8) be sure there is no binding anywhere and action is quick and light in the suspension
(9) be sure nothing is binding in the drivetrain, e.g. outside (left) wheel bearing binding up causing a pull to the left when weighted
(10) make sure you use some throttle control. A little letting off (even 50%) might be needed to allow a little more turn-in. You can learn to use less and less throttle let-off as you gain control and you will turn more yet be faster through the turn.
(11) check everything over carefully on the car. Nothing loose, cracked, missing, etc.
(12) look over your chassis for tweak/bending.
(13) borrow use of a good set-up station and have someone else check out the car for you to find anything you missed (this has worked for me before)

Would be interesting to post your findings if anything helps or not, and if so, what. Still a lot of folks running the TC3. Great car.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Default TC3 push corrections

Sorry, I forgot to add shock mounting... stand up the shocks as much as you can to get maximum traction. So make the front stand up all the way to get front grip. Adjust rear if you need to allow it to slide a little bit so the shocks are more lying sideways a bit. I forget which holes, just look at the car.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by swopemike
Sorry, I forgot to add shock mounting... stand up the shocks as much as you can to get maximum traction. So make the front stand up all the way to get front grip. Adjust rear if you need to allow it to slide a little bit so the shocks are more lying sideways a bit. I forget which holes, just look at the car.
Are you sure about that? Everything in your previous post seems dead on, but standing a shock straight up causes more of the spring and damping forces to translate to the suspension. Laying it down causes some of the force to simply load up the hingepin and leaves only a fraction to act on the suspension arm. This way, standing a shock up is similar to going up in spring rate (although it's not quite that simple).
You do stand the shock up in high grip situations, but for low grip (when you're looking for maximum traction) you want a softer suspension.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

I am racing on a low grip track and need the shocks laying down,with soft springs and oil.

Ive found that tyres are the main tuning aid on a low grip track, get the wrong ones and you're just not cutting it. as my own thought on such surface its 80% tyres and 20% setup,but other people may disagree
Old 10-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Red face

Originally Posted by SammyXp
Are you sure about that? Everything in your previous post seems dead on, but standing a shock straight up causes more of the spring and damping forces to translate to the suspension. Laying it down causes some of the force to simply load up the hingepin and leaves only a fraction to act on the suspension arm. This way, standing a shock up is similar to going up in spring rate (although it's not quite that simple).
You do stand the shock up in high grip situations, but for low grip (when you're looking for maximum traction) you want a softer suspension.
Terribly sorry about that, most embarrasing, you are quite right. The shocks standing up will lessen grip as you described.... I was actually thinking of something else that caused me to stand up the shocks - I could not get the proper droop with my shocks lying down so I stood them up and adjusted the holes used to allow the car to get more droop. Otherwise my car was not getting enough droop and it was very loose, as if it had a stiff suspension. That's what I was remembering because in my case the lack of droop was causing me insufficient traction and in my mind I confused it with the shock direction. Hope that sounds like a good excuse because it sure made sense to me at the time. Thanks for catching that!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Faiz
haha.. Congratulation Jan..

...The Stock class saw Jan van Steeg on pole with a vintage Asso TC3 ahead of Vasco Christiaanse and Richard Oversloot with an FK05.
...The Stock finals were hectic with Jan van Steeg taking the two wins,..

vintage is nice word..

post your winning car please, are you using stock chassis?

Podium at Dutch Nats
Stock 19T:

1. Jan van Steeg ... TC3
2. Steven Koiter XRAY T2
3. Richard Oversloot XRAY FK’05
4. Patrick van der Knaap XRAY T2
5. Joost van Leeuwen XRAY T2
6. Vasco Christiaanse
7. Gerd de Vries
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...c327f37181a740

It's a little bit different from orginal. Battery is going more to the middle and more flex in the graphite chassis. the rear shocks are mounted at the front of the arm's and i have completely different hingepin location, so I can play more with the roll.

And there is a little modification under the pinion to make room for a 35 pinion. I was using max 4,29(60 spur and 35 pinion) for Heemstede(home track of serpent), with the element V2. There is also a speed trap at the end off the straight. 72 REAL km/h's with a 19 spec V2 .

You can still see it at mylaps.com: http://www.mylaps.com/live/showLapti...ate=28-05-2006
Old 10-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Will most TC4 parts fit on the TC3?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MK_Arbiter
Will most TC4 parts fit on the TC3?
These are the parts from the TC4 that will fit your TC3...

chassis braces
steering knuckles
rear hub carriers
shock towers
shafts
drive cups
Old 10-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
OVAL SET UP???????

Gonna be running an oval race and i have a BMI TC3 and needing to know if anyone has a good set up(springs,oil wt, caster,ect) that i can use? I normally run touring(road course). It will be a 130ft x 75ft oval. It's on a flat surface with NO banked turns. Gonna run 19t motor also. Got a week and a half to get it ready. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HELPFUL . Thanks
Old 10-27-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What does it do for the setup by putting the shocks in front of the shock tower instead of the back?
Old 10-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jan van Steeg
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...c327f37181a740

It's a little bit different from orginal. Battery is going more to the middle and more flex in the graphite chassis. the rear shocks are mounted at the front of the arm's and i have completely different hingepin location, so I can play more with the roll.

And there is a little modification under the pinion to make room for a 35 pinion. I was using max 4,29(60 spur and 35 pinion) for Heemstede(home track of serpent), with the element V2. There is also a speed trap at the end off the straight. 72 REAL km/h's with a 19 spec V2 .

You can still see it at mylaps.com: http://www.mylaps.com/live/showLapti...ate=28-05-2006

The shocks reversed in the rear should be put back to stock.. tried this for stk foam and it made the car rotate less in 180 turns and no what i did i had no middler corner steering and little exit steering to way to much exit steering. just some little info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.