Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 02-04-2002, 08:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help!!!

good day everyone

im new in this hobby and i have a tc3 kit, i wanted to know what should be the size of pinion to use... the car has 72t spur and im planning to use p2k stock motor to be run on a medium traction bumpy asphalt trax. thanks in advance all sudjestions are verry much upreciated
Old 02-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Use a 26 to a 28 tooth. It depends on which track you are running one and your driving style. I used a 26 while my friend used a 28 and my teammate used a 27 . Try those out and see how they work.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Modena AL
Use a 26 to a 28 tooth. It depends on which track you are running one and your driving style. I used a 26 while my friend used a 28 and my teammate used a 27 . Try those out and see how they work.

thank you sir
Old 02-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

OUTofCONTROL, fhubbard > Thanks for the tip. Real sweet.
I thought I heard hpi used bleeder shock cap and couldn't find it. It was actually yokomo.

It's really nice to know that I can build it myself.
Since my shocks are really messy and gonna get threaded shocks.
I'll try drilling with my current shocks.

I guess it won't work on aluminum caps.

Old 02-05-2002, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

RCRUF, I drilled holes and fitted tiny self tapping screws on the shock caps of son's TC3.

I got the idea from Yoke caps which I have on my own MR4SP.

It's probably a bit more tricky with alloy caps, but with correct drill sizing, and a good "O" ring round the screw head, it should not be impossible.

That bleed screw makes it oh so easy. I certainly recommend it.

Hey, what do you guys say about the rumour that Josh Cyrul may be driving a TC3 at the Snowbirds in US this weekend. Should be interesting.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by johnbull
Hey, what do you guys say about the rumour that Josh Cyrul may be driving a TC3 at the Snowbirds in US this weekend. Should be interesting.
Yep! I've read something about this on the hobbytalk.com BBS. Presumably Josh Cyrul is driving a mean machine..... (we're talking of the TC3 hehe...).

What I've read is this:

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/Forum3...000462-21.html

Search a post from Big Jim and see yourself.

On the same post there's another announcement (for those all who race with stock motors). The announce of the newer stock motor from Reedy. Previously known as MVP2, now is known as 'Co' (Cobalt... ummm, someday we start to suffer pains derive to the exposition to Radioactive elements: P94 (Plutonium), Cobalt... what's the next? Radon? )

Maybe TP or Greg can say us something more about this.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Hey, Corse R.

Are you into Gran Prix racing (Formula 1). There's plenty of it going on in your country at the moment.

Williams are finding out that Pizzonia should be driving alongside Montoya.

Ferrari are doing some very successful crash tests.

Mc laren can't decide whether to back David or Kimi.

It's all happening.

And you have some mean motorcycle racers in Spain too!

I follow both very closely. Have done for 40 years.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Regarding the P2K, i have even gone as high as a 72/32 for biger courses, but usually run a 72/30. Blows my everyone in the straight

I have the Yokomo Shock Caps with the bleeder screw but never installed them, maybe i should try The stock ones are fine, as long as the rebound fully, your all set.

New Reedy Motor already??? Didnt the MVP just come out?
Old 02-05-2002, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Re: IRS chassis

Originally posted by over gear
Does anyone have the IRS graphite chassis? how does it perform?
anyone?
Old 02-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Location: in Bolton, near Manchester, where it rains more than in the Amazon...

Hi guys. First post here. Please don't think I'm a newbie, I'm just mentally subnormal..
Anyway, I'm planning on getting a Tc3 Racer with threaded shockers[carpet] so I can swap them for outdoors. I'm also getting a wide bumper kit, nerf bars, sway bars, and a stratos body... I already have an Axis 2...
Old 02-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Tech Initiate

I think the IRS chassis is ideal for carpet, but outdoors maybe too stiff???
Old 02-05-2002, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

if you don't know what do w/ your $$$, go ahead and splurge on the irs. me, i'd opt for a factory team graphite chassis - save the loot and call it a day. unless you are building a collector's item, it's really not worth it. i don't know about you guys, but i race quite a bit, and i feel that cars are disposable. i have raced indoor electric on-road on a regular basis for the past 2 years, and i've gone through 2 FTTC3 and atleast 3 new chassis's. i have been so satisfied w/ this car, that i've become a repeat customer. after a few months of solid racing, nothing can bring your handling back like a new chassis. here's a question for you - when was the last time you saw billy easton, tony phalen, bad-ass baker, or any other team driver use all that hoochie-coochie stuff? you haven't. bottomline - they are team drivers because of their skills, not all that other fluff.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also, remember that their contracts probably have that written in. Only AE issued materials on the car - unlike HPI which it seems have given Atsushi Hara the lattitude to modify the Pro3 until it's not really a Pro3 anymore.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RacerTex
Also, remember that their contracts probably have that written in. Only AE issued materials on the car - unlike HPI which it seems have given Atsushi Hara the lattitude to modify the Pro3 until it's not really a Pro3 anymore.
Personally, sometimes I use a common composite chassis. In fact now I have 1 1/2 cars one with the stiff and light graphite chassis and other with the composite chassis (one has the red reedy sticker (graphite) and the other has the green sticker (composite)). Sometimes my buddies jokes with me what chassis should I run today (but, on the track I grease them a lot... )

Sometimes the composite helps to have more grip on some tracks. I wouldn't mind using other than stock chassis.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The reasoning for the giving Hara free reign is because the car, ummm, is not as good as they wanted it to be (being politically correct with my terminology). They wanted a racer to help design the next car....

If you knew how HPI does their R&D (or at least used to) you'd be amazed they had a car that was as good as the Pro or Pro2. I loved both those cars, and the Pro2 did me good many times on the factory level. Unfortunately, when the other manufacturers stepped it up, HPI's newest addition went quite the wrong way. Their new car is gonna be one of the best so far, if they R&D it correctly (which I personally know the R&D driver...it should be pretty good!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.