Like Tree4Likes

Old 08-12-2004, 12:28 PM   #9151
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default Re: TC3 Steering Rack slop

Quote:
Originally posted by rinkrat99
Hi all,

I have been struggling with trying to minimize the slop in the front end of my car. When using the Integy setup gauges, the toe can vary without touching setup +/- 2 degrees due to the slop.

I have replaced ballcups, rack, bearings etc...

It seems that any movement of the front wheels will move the rack slightly to cause this +/2 degrees shift. IS there anything else that needs looking at besides movement ibetween the stud and cup?

HELP
You can try an aftermarket steering rack. There are several companies out there that make them but I am not sure they will help your problem. One thing that many racers have done is convert their car to the Nitro TC3 steering system, but this requires major modification to the chassis. Best bet would be to leave it as is. While it may effect the reading s on your set up guage I have yet to notice a difference on the track.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #9152
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default dremeled?

donoman- were exactly did u dremel at?an wats teh difference if u use wd-40 for 1 night/than cleanin ur bearing wit brake cleaner an using 1 drop of light weight oil?thats wat i do use brake cleaner an 1drop of light weight oil!! an mines pretty free.
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #9153
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Sorry to break up your question but i want to know why when you go to Tower and look up TC3 and it comes up with ''Associated TC3 Team Touring car kit'' then you click that car and scroll down to Required it says peak chargers are recomended,Reedy motors are recomended,LRP speed V6 speed controller recomened.Why is that?
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:31 PM   #9154
tornado

Quote:
Originally posted by Team Duratrax
Sorry to break up your question but i want to know why when you go to Tower and look up TC3 and it comes up with ''Associated TC3 Team Touring car kit'' then you click that car and scroll down to Required it says peak chargers are recomended,Reedy motors are recomended,LRP speed V6 speed controller recomened.Why is that?
marketing sales pitch mate.

Bryan
Old 08-12-2004, 09:39 PM   #9155
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Team Duratrax... i recomand that you take apart the steering rack, and rebuild it, make sure you didn't messup on the shimming, or maybe the it wasn't tighten down enough????
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:45 PM   #9156
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

JoshR 85
I dont actually have a TC3... but i will be getting one in the near future.
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 09:47 PM   #9157
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default dremeled

donoman- were exactly did u dremel at?an wats teh difference if u use wd-40 for 1 night/than cleanin ur bearing wit brake cleaner an using 1 drop of light weight oil?thats wat i do use brake cleaner an 1drop of light weight oil!! an mines pretty free. congrats team duratrax tc3 all the way

Steven
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #9158
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to rpmmaxxed
Default I feel so helpless...

I just bought a FT TC3, used, but Brand new. Well, a 64pitch HPI spur is installed right now, and I want to remove it and put back on 32pitch AE spur, but, I cant get the spur off the car.

Can anyone help? Pics would help.

I thought working on my ft ntc3 would be a lil bit harder than this car, seeing as it is nitro, but I was way wrong.
rpmmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #9159
Tech Adept

lol...all u gotta do is move the motor from side to side while moving it up...make sure the heat sink is off too..the one that skrews it down
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:50 PM   #9160
Tech Adept

oops...dont listen to that post..do this..take the motor out...completely and then unskrew all the gears in the bak by the gears....then just take out the shaft and unskrew the spur
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:03 PM   #9161
Tech Adept

unscrew the 6 screws holding the diff case down, lift the diff case off (take off camber links and shocks if you want to make it a tad easier)

take out the main shaft and the rear input shaft (the one with the smaller gear on it)

there is a screw inside the plastic "cup" at the end of the input shaft. unscrew it.

pull the plastic cup off the input shaft

unscrew the spur and slide it off

nb there are some small shims and stuff on the input shaft, be careful not to lose them, and if you take them off remember which order everything goes in

hope that helps

also, the kit spur is 48dp not 32dp, so don't go out and buy a 32dp spur, it might not fit and even if it does you will have trouble finding a pinion to match it
Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:43 PM   #9162
Tech Master

Default diffs and shims.

just wondering how some of you have your diffs shimmed...
trying to get things as free as possible...
onnetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:18 PM   #9163
Tech Master

Shim your diffs as per the factory manual.

You can try fiddling with different shims but in the end - after you have blown a few teeth of crown wheels, you will go back to factory settings.

Believe me. I've been there.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 08:46 PM   #9164
Tech Regular

i have had the team orion element spec 19t mod now for about a week and it runs great, very fast of the line but not the best top end and its running cool enough that i fell comfortable adjusting gears to get the most out of it, right now i'm running stock 24/72 so what gears should i use for more top end?
is thier a kit where i can get a bunch of diffrent tooth gears?
kh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:16 AM   #9165
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by kh15
i have had the team orion element spec 19t mod now for about a week and it runs great, very fast of the line but not the best top end and its running cool enough that i fell comfortable adjusting gears to get the most out of it, right now i'm running stock 24/72 so what gears should i use for more top end?
is thier a kit where i can get a bunch of diffrent tooth gears?
I am not familiar with 19T. However, if you are trying to get some more top end and you feel comfortable with the temperature of the motor, I would suggest trying 25 and 26.
kennykay is offline   Reply With Quote