Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 01-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally posted by mike_Webb
I would never run something Silly Billy made!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Don't make me post all of those PM's for chassis you sent me!
Old 01-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BBSpence
Don't make me post all of those PM's for chassis you sent me!
rotflmao
Old 01-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TRC 28mm foams?

hey guys, i bought some TRC 28mm foams...they rub on the front shock ball cup thing at full lock...should i just dremel some away? or is there another fix?
thanks!
manny
Old 01-21-2004, 10:16 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Re: TRC 28mm foams?

Originally posted by presure2
hey guys, i bought some TRC 28mm foams...they rub on the front shock ball cup thing at full lock...should i just dremel some away? or is there another fix?
thanks!
manny
A little dremel work and no more rubbing.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

PROFICAR403: OK. I am officially jealous. That brace is sweet! They need a friggen icon on here that shows a man drooling!

MISTERCRASH: You know your site for TC3 mods was what made me start hackin this chassis, right? One day ill opt for big boys toys and get me a drill press... i just have this anger management issue... the judge said no AC power tools to be allowed in my posession! Something about endangerment to the ex-wife, or some crap like that...

MIKEWEBB: Man, you have that center brace cut WAAAY deep! Do you have to add weight BACK to the battery side to balance the car out?! LOL I havent seen Teach, Arvin, and them boys out at Bobs OR The Track in MD in years. Actually, Arvin was at the Birds last year, but we didnt get to catch up until the last day. I think i remember Billy Spence too, from racing offroad at Bobs a LONG time ago. It was his first time back to racing, he had been gone for a while from what i remember, i think he was driving a T3 and got TQ, i took first in the main. That was when Bobs had the offroad track and the TC track on the side of the shop, the TC track going around the tree!! I remember MikeD driving my TC3 after the mod A main one race LONG ago, at that track that is in the parkinglot behind the hobbyshop where JR's Raceplace used to be. Memories... i hate being in the woodz...

Back to chassis work!

- Dave
Old 01-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Yeah, unless I decide to race on a track set up on concrete! Yes I mean Asphalt but Im hoping to find a setup that'll work on Asphalt and/or carpet
Ok I need just a basic asphalt stock rubber setup. Monster Stock is the motor. Is it really hard to have a setup that works both indoors and outdoors without having to make significant changes?
Old 01-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Dave-

I have not added any wieght. The car is perfectly balanced. I have to add 3-4oz for snowbirds though to make weight.

Arvin and Billy and all of them run at the Track or Hobby Hangar or Old Towne Hobbies now. Arvin is coming down with me to the Snowbirds in 11 days . We are leaving VA around 7am on Sunday and will probably get down there by 10-11pm sunday night. Look for us when you get down there. Arvin will be wearing a Old Towne Shirt most likely. So will a couple of other Racers. Or look for some guys wearing Hobby Hangar shirts and ask them where I am at. We are getting a room by the pool since we have a guy that has a hard time getting around .

we will meet up and talk. First thing I need to get when I get downt here is to find Rayhung and buy a warpspeed upper deck for my car .

Bob's track is no more. It ran really good 2 years ago with a lot of Nitro Touring cars but this year it died out unfortunatly. IT was a great Track. Now Bob whoops up on some of us at The Track. I was able to beat him though this week thanks to a first corner pileup
Old 01-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

DAVEW: Yes, you saw it here, I was actually able to make something with my dremel without scraping a huge line across it! I may be getting better at this!

A good tip for making yours, if you do so with a dremel. Buy one of those metallic sharpies that write on dark surfaces and draw your design on the graphite, with the outside of the lines being your desired boundaries. Then cut, with the cutting disc, like half a centimeter around the whole thing. After that, use a dremel sanding drum to grind to the edges of the lines.

Doing it this way, I was actually able to get the lines straight and smooth. The graphite grinds very easily, it just makes a huge mess (especially in your nose if you don't wear a dust mask )

You probably don't need any tips from me, though. I remember seeing last year's tc3 with 4 cells on one side, two on the other, and a tunnel in the center for weights. That thing looked fresh from the mold!

BIGDON18: Thanks, I race at Toys for Boys Raceway, which I shorten to TFB to alleviate concerns that I race at an adult bookstore .

Check it out at tfbraceway.com. We are racing indoors on carpet right now for the winter. When it gets warm, we will move back to our awesome asphalt track. There is also a good off road program, but I've never messed with any of those cars, well, unless my old traxxas trucks count.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 01-21-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Always wear a mask with the graphite. It is very very bad for you

Does anyone make titanium hinge pins for the TC3? THe stock ones are no good after a wreck.

Thanks,

GoFaster
Old 01-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lunsford makes titanium hingpins

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/. Best IMOP.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Or you can get the hardened Yokomo ones, which I use, and I haven't bent one in over a year of using them.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default Battery next to the Shaft

Battery next to the shaft and Wiring
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-picture-002.jpg  
Old 01-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Underside

Underside
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-picture-003.jpg  
Old 01-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

mike ,
that great looking car and the pic i was wanting to look at of someone elses car to see if my car i bought was mod right, i did the lexan thing to it today down the center channel.

BIGDON

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.