Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 10-24-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

I guess it is a matter of how well you have your gears shimmed. last year my TC3 did not have any of the gears lubed and it lasted the whole indoor season.... Cleveland..Snowbirds and a couple of other races along with club racing every weekend. Never had a stripped gear or gears that were worn out.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

What do you mean by indoor season?

All year round I race indoors...?

Was the tranny loud?
Old 10-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Tech Initiate

thanx alot now my car is 90 percent done on my rebuild and its really smooth
Old 10-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Hope that helps.

Out here on the east coast we race outdoors in the summer and then we go indoors for Carpet racing in the winter.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, I get it now.

Here at SoCal every saturday and every tuesday is open to race onroad, and there is usually always racing on parking lot tracks like at oc circut, and titus, and empire raceway.

It is a shame there are no carpet tracks here in Southern California
Old 10-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Bubbles,

This is Scott from SoCal. You probably know me by sight, but not name.

This was at SoCal on Tuesday, and running stock intermediate. Gearing was same as I have been running which is 33-35/100, and this was happening the first 2 laps of the race with a cold motor.

Scott
Old 10-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Newcomer to TC3

Ok guys.. absolute ROOKIE here with a TC3.. so don't slam me yet... I'm learning and working with what I got.

Factory Team TC3
Novak Rooster (yeah.. its big.. but I gotta deal with it)
Monster of Touring Pro Motor
Novak XXL Receiver
HardCore Servo Mount/Transpondor mount
Take Off CS-27 Tires (pre-mounted)
Rear Shock Tower on Front

Don't slam me on my battery, its just a practice battery..

But what do you guys think about this setup?

Body Off Right Side
Old 10-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

What is that BIG black thing over the esc, and motor(it looks like a fan, but why so big. If it is supose to blow more air, then that would suck more juice from the battery)?

And this is in no way a "slam", just wondering/curiosity/ ...
Old 10-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Bubblestc3 What is that BIG black thing over the esc, and motor(it looks like a fan, but why so big. If it is supose to blow more air, then that would suck more juice from the battery)?
Its a fan and cover from a Pentium II processor. I've got it strapped around the motor in the rear. The rest is just a "hood" or cover around the heat sinks. The wires will eventually be run to the 6 volt BEC on the receiver, I just don't have a plug that I can solder that guy up with.. so for now the wires are just "tucked" under.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Shayd
Hey Bubbles,

This is Scott from SoCal. You probably know me by sight, but not name.

This was at SoCal on Tuesday, and running stock intermediate. Gearing was same as I have been running which is 33-35/100, and this was happening the first 2 laps of the race with a cold motor.

Scott
Hey Scott, did you race today?
And how the spurs were striping is weird!, hahahahaha. But the problem is fixed now right?
Old 10-25-2003, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KansasCajun
Its a fan and cover from a Pentium II processor. I've got it strapped around the motor in the rear. The rest is just a "hood" or cover around the heat sinks. The wires will eventually be run to the 6 volt BEC on the receiver, I just don't have a plug that I can solder that guy up with.. so for now the wires are just "tucked" under.
Now, I would assume that there is more power being lost when running this fan, than being saved by keeping the motor cool. I do not know the weather in kansas(assuming that is where you are driving this car), but I would rather have some air scoops force feeding the motor with air. It would be lighter, and use less power from the battery(which the motor looks like a Monster, so in stock you want the most voltage as possible!)...

Just a thought...
Old 10-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

After taking another look at the picture, there is also a heatsink over the motor, with the longer FT blue motor clamp(in short, there is no air flowing through the motor, or to the motor). I have found that this will accually make the motor more warm, than cooling it. And that fan is really running off of 6v?(personally, the best fan for this use is a 5v computer fan and solder it directley to the esc leads...)
Old 10-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Tech Adept

ditch both the fan and heatsink, and as long as the motor isn't overgeared, it will stay cool (or get slightly warm, but either way it won't blow up )
Old 10-26-2003, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Rory
ditch both the fan and heatsink, and as long as the motor isn't overgeared, it will stay cool (or get slightly warm, but either way it won't blow up )
Don't ditch the heatsink. Even if you overgear the car a little and the motor gets hot the heatsink will at least draw the heat away from the motor. Do dump the fan. It's not really worth the power loss. Would rather have the power running to the motor for longer runtime.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

I have a TC3 with this set-up:
Front:4 castor
0 kickup
1.5 camber
1 toe in
Piston #2
40 wt. blue springs
Shock mount all the way in(lowest one down)
camber link-stock
Rear:
short wheelbase
2 camber
Losi hubs 1 degree hubs reversed with F, R-3-0
Piston #2
40 wt wit red springs
everything else stock no sway bars front and rear
Batteries back, orange/purple fronts
purple rears...
and I wuz wondering if you guys have any advice to improve this set-up...turns seem to be wide
oh yeah...track is very tight and small wit no straight away

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.