Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are you guys talking about the drive shaft popping out w/the center one-way?
Old 05-09-2002, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

I think so...
Old 05-09-2002, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

I felt more steering with tighter rear diff on a high traction track.

Then does looser rear diff give more push?

Or the other way around?

Thank you.
Old 05-10-2002, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

rcruv. Looser rear diff will, in fact, make the car push more.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

would tightening the rear diff also make the car more stable out of the corners? I was just wondering about this because in mod my car does sometimes like to step out as if the diff is unloading on one tire. I know I can just be easier on the throttle but I drove another TC3 at the track and it didnt step out like mine. thx for any help
Old 05-10-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TPhalen
rcruv. Looser rear diff will, in fact, make the car push more.
That's what I felt at the track then Team Xray site says
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...&kategoria=253

"• A tighter rear diff will make the car understeer slightly into the corner, but it will make the car more difficult to control out of the corner (powerslides). "

Then it also says,
"• On very high traction surfaces, the diffs can be adjusted tighter for better response."

I swear my car had more turn in with tight diff.
It's pretty confusing.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I saw that advice the other day and I thought it was back-to-front as well.
Old 05-11-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hey any of you guys know if when rebuilding shocks if you need those pesky little macro things in the bottom of the shock body.The reseason I ask is I am having a little trouble getting them out to replace those orings at the bottom of the shock,And I have broken one corner of the macro thing(bobbin)(or what ever you want to call it)
Old 05-12-2002, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shock bobbin

The tool that you used to put it in can also be used to pop it out, that round white thing.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the advice Pat,but I figured it out after a little while.Best advice I ever took from someone is"If all else fails,Read the damn instructions".And of all people to get info from,it had to be my wife.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by littledog
Thanks for the advice Pat,but I figured it out after a little while.Best advice I ever took from someone is"If all else fails,Read the damn instructions".And of all people to get info from,it had to be my wife.
Hail to your wife !

I built my second tc and I got to really appreciate how much racers' thought had put into the TC3.

This car looks simple yet there're so many little things that are needed for the racing.

Hail to the engineers and team drivers !
Old 05-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

TC3 rally question:
i plan to convert my TC3 to rally. is it okay to just remove the limiters on the shocks and use longer springs for a higher ride height? then ill install rally tires and a rally body. is this good enough for rally conditions or should i get the conversion kit? thanks for any info
Old 05-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Well, to get the proper amount of suspension arm travel of the rally, I'd think it would still be best to use the rally conversion kit, since the rally's arms are longer(so they allow more travel & ride height). But I'd say it's fine to remove the internal shock limiters anyway, since we have the droop screws to handle that instead......
Old 05-12-2002, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Marvi: Being the first to actually make the rally car (AE came and examined my car after it's initial shakedown runs), I can honestly say that I ran the car for months in narrow-wheelbase form. All I did was remove the limiters from inside the shocks, unscrew the shock bottoms about halfway (to provide more travel), and use buggy front springs all around. To get a little more front travel, I used the rear shock tower and bolted it to the front. I would suggest also using some sort of cover for the bottom of the chassis. Alot of dirt and crud will get into your car through those openings.

I would also suggest the rally conversion. While it's not 100% necessary, it does make the car wider, which translates to a much more stable vehicle.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

I have a question about Hudy Setup boards...

You don't have to buy a certain board for a specific type of car do you? They work with every car? I am looking at one that the guy says is for an "HPI Electric car" and I would want to use it with my TC3's...will it work?

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.