Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the trays really are just a 4-5 dollar part bag so getting a replacement is no big deal. There is enough room to mount the receiver even between the esc and battery. Just depends what equipment you are running.

Also I've been on a mission to reduce the weight of my f104. I started out weighing in at 1100grams. Now weighing in at 997grams. There is more to go if I wanted but I think I begin compromising the car too much going that way.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i will be using the viper esc...i think i can mount it on the carbon battery locking plate....but yes the trays are so cheap to buy anyway....the easier i can remove the battery the better
but just one more question...where you put the screw and locknut to hold the tbar to the chassis...did you modify it so the battery slips over it or did you leave it as standard....or is it a pain for you to remove the battery so it misses the esc?? though i could move the posts around to make it easier????
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got a carbon axle for my F104 and the bearings wont fit. The axle seems to big for the bearings to slide on. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

How well does the Intellect shorty lipo fit in the X1? I'm more worried about it moving back and forth. Is this an issue?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMOKE-DOG
I just got a carbon axle for my F104 and the bearings wont fit. The axle seems to big for the bearings to slide on. Anyone else have this problem?
It is a tight fit. Need a little bit of effort & a bit of technique to push the bearing onto the shaft.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Here's a non-standard use of the carbon axle

Just think high-school science project...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-img_3487.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blade072
i will be using the viper esc...i think i can mount it on the carbon battery locking plate....but yes the trays are so cheap to buy anyway....the easier i can remove the battery the better
but just one more question...where you put the screw and locknut to hold the tbar to the chassis...did you modify it so the battery slips over it or did you leave it as standard....or is it a pain for you to remove the battery so it misses the esc?? though i could move the posts around to make it easier????
if you dont mount the esc under the carbon battery locking plate the battery slides in and out no problem as it will be in line with the chassis before you slide it in.

If you do mount the esc under the carbon locking plate then the easiest way is to loosen the 2 nuts in the top plate and remove the two screws as to raise the top plate to allow the battery to slot in. Only takes an extra 20 seconds to swap the battery anyway.

I usually leave the battery in the car for the night so removal/install is not an issue.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
How well does the Intellect shorty lipo fit in the X1? I'm more worried about it moving back and forth. Is this an issue?
it fits fine, I don't use the trays (but the do fit if cutted) and have the esc and receiver in front of the Intellect shorty. The lipo can be moved back and forth (there is a 0,5mm cap between te lipo and topdeck...) so I just put a piece of foam between the lipo and the esc, holds just fine.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-f104x1lipo.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matthijs
it fits fine, I don't use the trays (but the do fit if cutted) and have the esc and receiver in front of the Intellect shorty. The lipo can be moved back and forth (there is a 0,5mm cap between te lipo and topdeck...) so I just put a piece of foam between the lipo and the esc, holds just fine.
How do you find the alloy roll damper? I was using the old plastic one. It broke and while I waited for the alloy one in the mail I ran the car without anything and have stuck to it since then. I have an alloy one here but unsure if it is worth using.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by J-PaP
How do you find the alloy roll damper? I was using the old plastic one. It broke and while I waited for the alloy one in the mail I ran the car without anything and have stuck to it since then. I have an alloy one here but unsure if it is worth using.
haven't tested it back-to-back, but I've used it with 1000cps and it seems ok. It also seems as if it hasn't got the full swing/length of the plastic tube, resulting in the pod having more angle at the right or left side, depending on how many turns you screw the ballend on the shaft. Takes some time to get it even ;-)
Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J-PaP
if you dont mount the esc under the carbon battery locking plate the battery slides in and out no problem as it will be in line with the chassis before you slide it in.

If you do mount the esc under the carbon locking plate then the easiest way is to loosen the 2 nuts in the top plate and remove the two screws as to raise the top plate to allow the battery to slot in. Only takes an extra 20 seconds to swap the battery anyway.

I usually leave the battery in the car for the night so removal/install is not an issue.
you are the man...thanks mate.....i have 2 weeks to work it out lol
Old 04-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Abu Salahuddin
It is a tight fit. Need a little bit of effort & a bit of technique to push the bearing onto the shaft.
What technique do you use? Cause these bearings wont fit at all. I even tried som other bearings and even the bearings for the counter-weight wont fit. I've tried everything but fear I'm bout to snap the axle in half. I can barley get the bearing on the very tip of the axle but no further and then it's crazy hard to pull back off. Should I try to sand down the axle a lil? Any help would be appriciated...
Old 04-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMOKE-DOG
I can barley get the bearing on the very tip of the axle but no further and then it's crazy hard to pull back off. Should I try to sand down the axle a lil? Any help would be appriciated...
Mine was a tight fit initially, I just made sure the bearings were going on straight, once I got past the initial force it was fine, maybe you have a shaft thats a bit out of whack, diameter wise?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Rookie

anyone see it yet?
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-tamiyaf104veriipro.jpg  
Old 04-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

looks like the exotek......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.