Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 10-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NiMo
Have you not heard of gluing the side walls?
Stops all that chunking nonsense
I haven't, What sort of glue do you use?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Brian Jacobsen----tried to answer your e-mail,but somethings gone wrong cause my e-mail ddid not get delivered.

PM me so I can respond
Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Granpa,

You can send me an email here:
[email protected]

Thanks Brian
Old 10-12-2009, 04:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Bjake
Granpa,

You can send me an email here:
[email protected]

Thanks Brian
looking for some HP, eh?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking

I trying to catch you!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those of you that have ordered from D Drive, what is the turn around time for a small order? CA USA addy. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

3-weeks.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rubbs.

So I hear all this hype about these rubber tires, well I have a set for my Pro and took it out on our fresh asphalt track, and it was silly all over. Am I being a douche and not doing something right? I think I'm supposed to rub alcohol on 'em. Help...
Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zpmhinojosa
So I hear all this hype about these rubber tires, well I have a set for my Pro and took it out on our fresh asphalt track, and it was silly all over. Am I being a douche and not doing something right? I think I'm supposed to rub alcohol on 'em. Help...
what rubber tires do you have?
Old 10-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The debate over which is better: rubber or foams, is endless. But in truth, it all depends on the track you're running on. In our prepared indoor asphalt track, foams work best and last really long. In another track which is outdoors and less smooth, rubbers work better and foams disintegrate in 10 minutes. Don't insist on using foams when the best option can be rubber (and vice versa). Just like real F1, certain tires work better/worse on different tracks. Find what works best for your track and you'll be a happy racer.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craig P
Those of you that have ordered from D Drive, what is the turn around time for a small order? CA USA addy. Thanks.
usually about a week and a half, but i just id an order with them over the weekend, and it could be here by Friday
He processes al the online orders on Sunday and ships Monday. So if you plan a bit and get your order in by Friday, then you will probably see it the end of that week.
Im in Michigan so that might add an extra day for me.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
usually about a week and a half, but i just id an order with them over the weekend, and it could be here by Friday
He processes al the online orders on Sunday and ships Monday. So if you plan a bit and get your order in by Friday, then you will probably see it the end of that week.
Im in Michigan so that might add an extra day for me.
I definitely did get a shipment the following week (within 6 days to California) from D-Drive when placed on Friday or Saturday. EMS Shipping was very fast.

In contrast, a ground order from Canada took over 2 weeks from another company. The biggest problem there was the time it took them to process the order. D-Drive is very fast on processing as long as you order before Sunday.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If I read this correctly, Tamiya has yet to release the classes (and thus rules) for 2010 TCS races....which leads me to a TCS noob question. Can I legally update a Pro to F60 specs for 2010, if they happen to spec rubber tires?

Obviously the parts will interchange, question is, will that update be legal? I am just not clear on how Tamiya views hybrid cars.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
If I read this correctly, Tamiya has yet to release the classes (and thus rules) for 2010 TCS races....which leads me to a TCS noob question. Can I legally update a Pro to F60 specs for 2010, if they happen to spec rubber tires?

Obviously the parts will interchange, question is, will that update be legal? I am just not clear on how Tamiya views hybrid cars.
You will have no problem interchanging parts as long as there is no reengineering to do so, as far as the 104 goes, the Pro is just the full option car version vs the entry level F60 kit. Whatever Fred and crew spec for tires is what you will have to run regardless of what kit you start with.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Rubber tires take a few runs to get scrubbed in, and are very squirrely till they do so. Also did you apply any traction compound to them?
That makes a huge difference
You may have to make some changes to your setup to get the rubber tires to work as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.