Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 PM
  #1186  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Holy cow Brad that looks awesome!

Here's where I'm at with my Renault.
Thanks dude, your car is looking sweet as well.
Whens it hittin the track?
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 07:52 PM
  #1187  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bsmooth View Post
I dont know if this has been asked already, but will f103 tires/wheels fit on the f104? if so, what have been the results?
What about vice-versa?
gtfour93 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 PM
  #1188  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Thanks dude, your car is looking sweet as well.
Whens it hittin the track?
I still have to put in the electronics...so...ummm...yeah...no rush I'll probably run it sometime when the Buzzin Hornet car hits the track
rtypec is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
  #1189  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Nice pics.

I dont know whether its watching the current races or what, but I really like the F104 shell style.... cant wait for the F60... Cant wait to do mine, once i get all the bits and some space to do the work...lol...
RonF is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 PM
  #1190  
Tech Addict
 
Metla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 631
Default

Originally Posted by robk View Post
there will always be a need to use the "inferior" imperial spec parts. Even the Corally now uses imperial front end parts, because they are proven to work best.
My reference was to the system itself not the quality of the components, Metric is an improvement over Imperial because its a logical system, It has no bearing on the quality of the components. An axle isn't going to be of any different quality if its measured in 8ths of an inch or mm's. One system is just simpler and more logical then the other.

Metric FTW
Metla is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 PM
  #1191  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
I still have to put in the electronics...so...ummm...yeah...no rush I'll probably run it sometime when the Buzzin Hornet car hits the track
Mine has the servo mounted , and the other stuff will go in tomorrow with a shakedown scheduled for Thursday if I can get an allowance from the FIA to lift the testing ban
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 PM
  #1192  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
yourstruly22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oc
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Are there decals for that dog of a car Honda 07 08 earthdreams.
yourstruly22 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 09:00 PM
  #1193  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Metla View Post
My reference was to the system itself not the quality of the components, Metric is an improvement over Imperial because its a logical system, It has no bearing on the quality of the components. An axle isn't going to be of any different quality if its measured in 8ths of an inch or mm's. One system is just simpler and more logical then the other.

Metric FTW
I guess it is all relative to your perspective. We have it easy having learned the inch and foot and yard and mile system. Oh yea, we can measure in wholes, halves, quarters, eigths, six-teenths, thirty-seconds, sixty-fourths and so on as well as tenths, hundreths, thousandths, tenthousandths, etc...
To me the Imperial system is superior because when we use it and talk about it, it confuses the teams from over there...

The metric system is so easy after that it takes nothing to understand.

"Hey Mom, I can measure in two systems...."
414MPH is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM
  #1194  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Arthur Burns View Post
I have had mixed results with the D-Drive decals too. A little chipping here and there, and difficult to work around contours. I bought the "helmet decals" - not so good. I could not get them to bend properly without dozens of pie cuts.
Even good old heat gun didn't work to get the decals on properly?
gtfour93 is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
  #1195  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Arthur Burns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 414MPH View Post
I guess it is all relative to your perspective. We have it easy having learned the inch and foot and yard and mile system. Oh yea, we can measure in wholes, halves, quarters, eigths, six-teenths, thirty-seconds, sixty-fourths and so on as well as tenths, hundreths, thousandths, tenthousandths, etc...
To me the Imperial system is superior because when we use it and talk about it, it confuses the teams from over there...

The metric system is so easy after that it takes nothing to understand.

"Hey Mom, I can measure in two systems...."
LOL!
Arthur Burns is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 PM
  #1196  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Arthur Burns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gtfour93 View Post
Even good old heat gun didn't work to get the decals on properly?
I didn't try the heat gun - will try that next time for sure. Seemed like the ink was really brittle so I lost my nerve after a while.
Arthur Burns is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM
  #1197  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Arthur Burns View Post
I didn't try the heat gun - will try that next time for sure. Seemed like the ink was really brittle so I lost my nerve after a while.
Another trick you can also try is using Testors gloss cote spray after painting and applying the decals on the helmet. For the driver suit, use Testors dull cote spray. The decals will blend in on the suit and will look more realistic.
gtfour93 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 01:42 AM
  #1198  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (64)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

ok...that's just sick. And what might this painting method be?

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Here is another car that I just finished for a customer in California, once again masterfully captured in digital by Dish!
I need to also thank rtypec for giving me a different way of going about painting these things, much faster and cleaner , thanks again Rod
Enjoy!!!!!



RAL is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 04:03 AM
  #1199  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
cheROK1212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Noneyadammy
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Nice touch on the front arms BP
cheROK1212 is offline  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:41 AM
  #1200  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
ok...that's just sick. And what might this painting method be?
Its just the order in which you paint the different colors. And also how you treat the paint edges to get crisp lines. Up till this point I was more worried about what color was getting painted first instead of looking at how the masking got applied.
BP SHADOW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.