Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 AM
  #8986  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by durtbag View Post
Does anybody know of a source for #19805478 2mm king pin c-clips? I'm thinking that I should find some.
Thanks, Terence
Try here
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ..._keyword=50588
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 AM
  #8987  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 876
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
They are not the same as mentioned, the ones he need is a C-clips and those you have in the picture are E-clips
The ones he need are the ones from the following picture
addicted2blue is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 AM
  #8988  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

As far as I know there are only 2 clips for the Kingpins
This is the other one

Sean will re-stock if requested

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ..._keyword=84171

RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 AM
  #8989  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 876
Default

Both will work but the C-clips is much easier for changing set-ups
addicted2blue is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 AM
  #8990  
Tech Regular
 
durtbag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: planet X in a distant galaxy
Posts: 401
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
As far as I know there are only 2 clips for the Kingpins
This is the other one

Sean will re-stock if requested

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ..._keyword=84171

thanks guys! now that I have a proper Tamiya # I found them.
durtbag is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 AM
  #8991  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I'm picking up one of these NIB from a friend and will start building it this weekend. What upgrades are pretty much necessary right out of the box? After doing a search, all I came up with was the aluminum motor mount and a 64p spur adapter. Does anyone have a part number for the adapter? Anyone got any advice for gearing options running 2S LiPo with a 21.5T? Track is indoor carpet

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...918_181715.jpg
The Captain is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:37 AM
  #8992  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Hey guys, I'm picking up one of these NIB from a friend and will start building it this weekend. What upgrades are pretty much necessary right out of the box? After doing a search, all I came up with was the aluminum motor mount and a 64p spur adapter. Does anyone have a part number for the adapter? Anyone got any advice for gearing options running 2S LiPo with a 21.5T? Track is indoor carpet

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...918_181715.jpg
It's Tamiya 54215 or Tower LXZEU7.

I'm building up my 104v2 and should have it running for this weekend at Hotslots. Looks like I will be there the 8th if I can't make it on the 1st.

I got the TCS tires which go on the foam wheels (included in the kit). Tamiya 1031 and 1032 for the tires (they are rebranded Pit Shimizu).

I have no idea of what FDR will work so I have a 96/27 on it now for a FDR of 3.55.
AreCee is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM
  #8993  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

At TQRC 90x45 carpet track
93x30 is close (3.10) with a Reedy 21.5 @40deg
The stock spur works fine with 64p pinions, it's all I ever use, and I'm still on the original spur after a full UF1 outdoor season, and many club races
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 AM
  #8994  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
At TQRC 90x45 carpet track
93x30 is close (3.10) with a Reedy 21.5 @40deg
The stock spur works fine with 64p pinions, it's all I ever use, and I'm still on the original spur after a full UF1 outdoor season, and many club races
The track that Captain and I are at is about 70x35 and has very high traction (I was told they sprayed traction compound on the carpet). I am just guessing at the FDR but I felt that the mid 3s would be a good place to start.

I would use the stock spur but I have quite a few 64p gears and pinions not to mention balls (1/8") that it only made sense to spend $2.50 for the adapter.

I used to race the F103 years ago and it was a lot of fun then so I got bit by the F1 bug again due to an increased interest of getting this class together.
AreCee is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 PM
  #8995  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, what are some parts to go ahead and order for spares (most commonly broken items)?
The Captain is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
  #8996  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern & Central Illinois
Posts: 4,337
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Thanks, what are some parts to go ahead and order for spares (most commonly broken items)?
I'm not sure either. I sort of remember that I only broke the steering uprights, motor mounts and front wing on my 103.
AreCee is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:06 AM
  #8997  
dfx
Tech Adept
 
dfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 131
Default

Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
...what are some parts to go ahead and order for spares (most commonly broken items)?
Upper arms are bending sometimes, spare spur gear and if You use high-traction t-bar it could be demaged even though it looks OK but the car reacts strangely.
dfx is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 AM
  #8998  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dfx View Post
Upper arms are bending sometimes, spare spur gear and if You use high-traction t-bar it could be demaged even though it looks OK but the car reacts strangely.
Got a part number for the high traction T bar?

One thing I have noticed about the F104 is it difficult to find the parts because the part numbers are all weird. Sometimes they match up, sometimes they dont.
The Captain is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:50 AM
  #8999  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 876
Default

part nr for the high traction T-bar is 54222
addicted2blue is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:53 AM
  #9000  
dfx
Tech Adept
 
dfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Europe
Posts: 131
Default

#54222 F104 High Traction T-Bar: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54222
#51381 F104 F Parts - Suspension Arm/Front: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51381

Here You can find a lot of F104 part numbers: http://www.tamiyausa.com/search.php?....x=7&image.y=7
dfx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.