Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 09-05-2009, 06:42 AM
  #781  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
TfnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wesley Chapel FL
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

awesome pic of the whole pack !
TfnG is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 AM
  #782  
Tech Addict
 
border r/c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 535
Default

yeah racing dish wheel will fit direct with no mods
border r/c is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 07:55 AM
  #783  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
timmig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trabuco Canyon-- in the Pines!!
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

SO---the F104 is competitive without any extensive mods?? Just firm up the front end and put the right tires on and I"m good to go??
When will you guys be back down at Tamiya Track for testing??
I'd love to get a car and come down to turn some hot laps!!
Tim Neja
timmig is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 08:34 AM
  #784  
Tech Rookie
 
barneveld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 14
Default

@border r/c:

Do the F104 kit tires fit on the Yeah Racing dish wheel (f103)?

Greetz,
Marcel.
barneveld is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 09:54 AM
  #785  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by timmig View Post
SO---the F104 is competitive without any extensive mods?? Just firm up the front end and put the right tires on and I"m good to go??
When will you guys be back down at Tamiya Track for testing??
I'd love to get a car and come down to turn some hot laps!!
Tim Neja
Jury's still out on that one
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 11:21 AM
  #786  
Tech Addict
 
border r/c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 535
Default

hi,
will make a photo of it after monday
rims accept only f103 tyres
i did run my car with it and use Blade medium/hard tyre and the front was really stable now i need to find the right settings for the rear end.
same problem of the most you all
border r/c is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 03:27 PM
  #787  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
transplantlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL/St.Petersburg,FL
Posts: 2,167
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Hi,

do you guys have a good indoor setup for MED grip track 100' x 38' or any other tips tricks you could share.
transplantlife is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 08:01 PM
  #788  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
timmig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trabuco Canyon-- in the Pines!!
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Where's the best stock for the F104?? I see that VS Modelsport has them for sale for $229.00. Is that a good deal?? Who's stocking tires for these cars? I'd like to get the F103 rubber to mount on F104 rims. What hobby shops are stocking these parts??
Tim

Found F104's at Ultimate Hobbies for $204.00. Better deal. Do they stock all the tires too??
Tim

Last edited by timmig; 09-05-2009 at 08:12 PM.
timmig is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 09:13 PM
  #789  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

104 rims are larger dia than 103 rims and tires do not like to be stretched.
Tamiya America has tires (a & b) compound in stock for the 104.
414MPH is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 AM
  #790  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (64)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,459
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by timmig View Post
Where's the best stock for the F104?? I see that VS Modelsport has them for sale for $229.00. Is that a good deal?? Who's stocking tires for these cars? I'd like to get the F103 rubber to mount on F104 rims. What hobby shops are stocking these parts??
Tim

Found F104's at Ultimate Hobbies for $204.00. Better deal. Do they stock all the tires too??
Tim
I was just there today, didn't see any tires and the kits are sold out.
RAL is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 12:26 AM
  #791  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (64)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,459
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default Bearing fit in front wheel

Anyone's front bearings fit very loosely in the front wheels? There seems to be excessive tolerance on the plastic wheel/bearing fit. When on the axle, the wheel will wiggle unless tightened all the way to the point of binding.
RAL is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 02:36 AM
  #792  
PDR
Tech Master
iTrader: (31)
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,971
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PDR View Post
Outer diameter of the TRG rubber front is about 56mm. Somewhat less than the 59mm foams on there at the moment (done a day's racing), but more than the well worn set of foams.
For what it's worth - had a fun day's racing today (3 qualifiers and a main) and the fronts are down to 57.4mm.
PDR is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 07:47 AM
  #793  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
timmig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trabuco Canyon-- in the Pines!!
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Okay-- so I guess I'll just get my buddies at Gyro Hobbies in Lake Forest order parts and a car for me. I'm going to get the F104-- 4 sets of wheels-- but what F103 tires should I get??? Soft for the rear and firm for the front?? A combo?
Hey--some of you guys testing out at Tamiya track on Sat chime in with what you found was working best.
Thanks
Tim
timmig is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 10:44 AM
  #794  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Anyone's front bearings fit very loosely in the front wheels? There seems to be excessive tolerance on the plastic wheel/bearing fit. When on the axle, the wheel will wiggle unless tightened all the way to the point of binding.
Are you running the thin shim before the wheel goes on?
I have had 3 different sets of wheels on my car, after hearing about this potential problem, and have yet to experience it
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 11:40 AM
  #795  
RAL
Tech Elite
iTrader: (64)
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,459
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Are you running the thin shim before the wheel goes on?
I have had 3 different sets of wheels on my car, after hearing about this potential problem, and have yet to experience it
Yes sir, I am. And its not an axle spacing issue, its actually recessed portion of the wheel that seems to be a bit large in dia. Just doesn't seem to be to spec.

Last edited by RAL; 09-06-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: sp
RAL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.